Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2020, 05:06 PM   #941
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
Crazy, the only logical idea I can think of is pending power outage ?
Zoom all you want, if the power goes out the show is over.
I went to a private boarding school. A power outage was the only thing that would cancel class, and that only happened twice in my four years there. My freshman year, there was a kid from Miami in our dorm. We got the first major snowfall in October (Western Mass). He looked outside and said "Uh... Are we going to class in this?"
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2020, 05:54 PM   #942
I wanna be Dave

Not necessary a rant, but a comment on situational awareness...

I am going through the checkout at my local grocery store...

The clerk, in a cheery voice, "How is your day going?"

Me, in a so-not-cheery voice and looking over at my one item I am purchasing, "I've had better days..."

The clerk, as he is passing my one item over the scanner, still cheery, "Oh, why is that?"

Me, looking again at my one item, as he is handing it to me, "Gee... I don't know..."

The clerk, now looking and sounding a bit confuse, "Well, try to have a better day..."

I nod, and walk out of the store with my brand new plunger...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:14 PM   #943
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Not necessary a rant, but a comment on situational awareness...

I am going through the checkout at my local grocery store...

The clerk, in a cheery voice, "How is your day going?"

Me, in a so-not-cheery voice and looking over at my one item I am purchasing, "I've had better days..."

The clerk, as he is passing my one item over the scanner, still cheery, "Oh, why is that?"

Me, looking again at my one item, as he is handing it to me, "Gee... I don't know..."

The clerk, now looking and sounding a bit confuse, "Well, try to have a better day..."

I nod, and walk out of the store with my brand new plunger...
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:44 AM   #944
Rock Crawler

4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #945
I wanna be Dave

The first Thanksgiving that I worked retail (in 1992 or 1993), we had somebody come into the Jewel/Osceola Mom and I worked for looking for looking for CLR at basically the last minute and we were completely out of stock, none on the shelves or in the storeroom. I happened to be in that isle when he discover the empty shelf and when I told him we were completely out, he flipped his lid since he had to “Drive all the way to K-Mart across town!” Keep in mind that this was maybe a 10 min drive down a 4 lane north/south state route from the east/west 4 lane my long store in on to the other east/west 4 lane that this K-Mart had been and traffic would have been lighter being Thanksgiving Day
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #946
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
So one of my kids is in school full time and my other is Hybrid/Virtual depending on what week it is or what teacher refuses to come in (the whole kids in school situation is a rant for another thread, as I'm sure most parents are furious at the situation) We have not received notice on anything yet for our district, BUT my sister in law, who lives in the next district over sent me the stupidest school notice I've ever seen...

They are all virtual... kids are home, teachers are home, everyone zooms. We have a large snowstorm forecast for this week. In light of that, even though the kids are home, as are the teachers, they will STILL CLOSE FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER! YES, A FREAKING SNOW DAY .... FOR ALL VIRTUAL SCHOOL.

Snow days are called because it's too dangerous for the busses to run, as well as to the give the school time to clear sidewalks and what not. There are no busses, and no one is walking on sidewalks. Yet, classes may be cancelled. WHY????

My head hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
Crazy, the only logical idea I can think of is pending power outage ?
Zoom all you want, if the power goes out the show is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That’s hilarious. It makes total sense though given a union is involved.

Maybe the Kung Flu was created by Zoom. I had never heard of the company before this year and now schools, my employer and even my doctors are using it for all things virtual.
I’ve been working from home since March (customer service call center now, not missing retail at all, especially this time of year 8 ), I’m surprised that they’re still talking snow days unless they had been expecting power outages or to allow for time to clear their drives and walks. I have a problem with the transformer on the pole in my neighbor’s side yard glitching and shutting down my WiFi just enough to boot me out of our remote site, then also lost 2 whole days when that Derecho knocked the transformer out all together
Old 12-21-2020, 01:20 PM   #947
I wanna be Dave

I was taking*the customer service calls from home this morning, but due to*the time of year, our call volume is low. I’m between calls today and get a call from somebody claiming to be with our phone provider with some special holiday discount. I told him I was not the person to talk to (that would be Dad) and that I was using that line for work and needed to end the call. *He then asked me “Well, who the hell*are you then?!” I reiterated that I was a resident of this house then went to rip into him since for some reason that really pissed me off, but he hung up before I could!
Old 12-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #948
I wanna be Dave

WHOLLY CRAP!!!

Now looking for an alternative to YouTube, four adds every 45 seconds is getting ridiculous!
Old 12-27-2020, 03:11 PM   #949
I wanna be Dave

That is getting irritating, especially when it’s only a 10min video in the 1st place!
Old 12-30-2020, 11:28 PM   #950
RCC Addict

I’ve been toying around the idea of getting a 6x6 for a while. Would really like the Trx6 but for the price of the axial umg it’s hard to beat. Well because of some uncontrollable circumstances I didn’t have the means to be shopping when I guess they were on super sale around black Friday. Then a member said they were on a super discount last week and I check.. $449. Turns out it was out of the states that the price dropped. So this last week I tried buying/bartering for one local and the dude blew me off so I starting looking for a new one. Now I hate Amazon.. I’ve pretty much boycotted them this last year but I was cruising the interweb today and seen them listed for $405 on Amazon. Score! not the $350 they were supposedly going for but I’ll take it where I can get it. I’m at work get busy, go back to my computer an hour later and hit check out.. $449!? I’ve got that stupid little honey app and it says “this item has recently changed price” 2 minutes ago... I missed saving $44 by 2 min. Now they want me to apply for their credit card to get $60 off bla bla and I’m just kind of over it. Hoping around tax return season they will drop price but I’m not getting my hopes up.. actually to be completely honest I don’t expect them to be around much longer now that I’m actively looking they’ll likely be discontinued on the fact a lot of the common online shops are out of stock. Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 06:02 PM   #951
I wanna be Dave

I’m trying to put a a Vaterra V100 parts car with a pile of Vaterra upgrade parts on eBay and keep getting a message that I have a limit of 10 items a month or $10 starting price and just now figured that out since I rarely use the site for both sales or purchases.

Can I list the stuff as all one big group of parts for, say, $5.00 with a minimum of price of $100 then purhaps do the same with my RJ Speed Legends Car since I’m planning on selling that for the same price as well?!
Old 01-01-2021, 06:30 PM   #952
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I’ve been toying around the idea of getting a 6x6 for a while. Would really like the Trx6 but for the price of the axial umg it’s hard to beat. Well because of some uncontrollable circumstances I didn’t have the means to be shopping when I guess they were on super sale around black Friday. Then a member said they were on a super discount last week and I check.. $449. Turns out it was out of the states that the price dropped. So this last week I tried buying/bartering for one local and the dude blew me off so I starting looking for a new one. Now I hate Amazon.. I’ve pretty much boycotted them this last year but I was cruising the interweb today and seen them listed for $405 on Amazon. Score! not the $350 they were supposedly going for but I’ll take it where I can get it. I’m at work get busy, go back to my computer an hour later and hit check out.. $449!? I’ve got that stupid little honey app and it says “this item has recently changed price” 2 minutes ago... I missed saving $44 by 2 min. Now they want me to apply for their credit card to get $60 off bla bla and I’m just kind of over it. Hoping around tax return season they will drop price but I’m not getting my hopes up.. actually to be completely honest I don’t expect them to be around much longer now that I’m actively looking they’ll likely be discontinued on the fact a lot of the common online shops are out of stock. Rant over

$449 still not bad for that rig. I almost grabbed one yesterday but my kid didn’t want a 6x6. If you could keep ‘upgrades’ to a reasonable rate it would be a nice rig for the collection.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:33 PM   #953
RCC Addict

Default Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
$449 still not bad for that rig. I almost grabbed one yesterday but my kid didn’t want a 6x6. If you could keep ‘upgrades’ to a reasonable rate it would be a nice rig for the collection.

Yea man I know, I’m buying one this week anyways. Just wish I could have put the extra $50 into some upgrades

Plus since all the parts I need to build my new lcg comp truck are out of stock or on backorder I need something to take care of my fix

Old 01-03-2021, 04:07 AM   #954
I wanna be Dave

Amazon/USPS. They have sucked for the past few months. It all started in November last year(crazy to say last year) with a package with, you guessed it, rc components. Ships on November 4th. Tracking says Nov. 9th delivery date. Well November 13th rolls around, and I still don't have my package. November 15th, Amazon says delivered. Go to my Post Office to find no package in sight. Go inside, and to make a long story short, they put my package in the wrong P.O Box! Almost every Amazon package has had little to no tracking and shows up late. Then I order a direct drive kit and extruder for my printer. Delivery date says January 4th. Go to a crawl session, and people see my hitch and they want me to make some stuff for them like battery trays, chassis braces, etc. I tell them my printer is down and it'll be back up around the 4th. I go home and check the tracking, and it still says the 4th. few days later, this guy messages me asking if I can print him 12 chassis braces. Of course I say I can, but I let him know I can do them around the 4th. Giving myself some wiggle room, I tell him I can have them to him by the 9th. Check tracking today, and my package is lost somewhere in California!! I now have paying customers waiting for there product I have no clue when Ill be able to get it to them. Thanks Amazon, you really out-did yourself

Couldn't be happier at FedEx though. Ordered a SCX10 ii and a bunch of other stuff on the 29th, and the next day its already In Honolulu!

Rant Over.

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 01-03-2021 at 04:10 AM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:57 AM   #955
RCC Addict

There’s a thread on that

Edit- I see you found that one too lol.

COVID, driver shortages, holiday volume...it will get better hang in there. Good news is tiny truck parts aren’t essential, but it can be aggravating. Me on the other hand orders things and forgets I ordered them until they show up. I quit being in a hurry a long time ago lol.

Last edited by Phildirt; 01-03-2021 at 07:20 AM.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:09 AM   #956
I wanna be Dave

Coworkers...

One idiot I work with...

Her: I may not be in tomorrow...

Me: Why not?

Her: I just do not feel well today, I have a soar throat and I think I have a fever.

Me, now moving from my respectable eight feet away to about 15 ft away from her: WHAT IN THE HELL YOU ARE DOING HERE TODAY?

Her: Well, I didn't think I'd feel this bad all day... And besides, its not like I have a positive COVID test...

Me: Oh, when did they actually test you?

Her: I haven't been tested...
Old 01-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #957
I wanna be Dave

I used to think if you bought a reasonable vehicle and took halfway decent care of it you could easily eek 250k out of it. Think of your average domestic or Japanese sedan or truck from the early 90's. Simple, serviceable, death by rust, accident, or extreme negligence.

I work on junk made in the last five years, almost doesnt matter who makes it, and I cant help but think there is no way to afford to maintain these throwaway cars that long because parts and labor operations are so ridiculous. I've put transmissions in ford transit Van's just out of warranty to the tune of 7k out the door, 3.6 motors GM products eating timing chains at about 100k munching up $2400 to remedy. Gm trucks literally rusting through power steering coolers, trans cooler lines, and fuel sending units at 6 years old. Just about every Chrysler product made since 08 has a TIPM waiting to fail taking out anything from the horn, to headlights, or disabling the vehicle. A mear $800 makes it right, until it fails again.

The quality of new vehicles is at an all time low IMO while prices keep going up. I'm pretty convinced they're supposed to fail shortly after warranty and be so expensive to repair that another new vehicle looks appealing. Death by engineered obsolescence is seemingly the standard.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:28 AM   #958
RCC Addict

Meatmonkey, I agree 200%. I’ve been with GM 10 years and to watch the quality of everything drop drastically over that time is depressing. I’ve got a ‘01 F150 with 200k that doesn’t leak oil or anything. Sure I’ve had to replace some usual parts and it’s got it’s own flaws but nothing like the new stuff.. don’t even get me started on terminal tension and fretting. The electrical nightmares these new cars have are enough to make me want to do something else

Old 01-06-2021, 12:59 PM   #959
I wanna be Dave

I just heard from my sister that a package of our company shirts was delivered to her neighbor on accident, she grabbed them but the package was opened and 2 shirts are missing.

These guys are unfortunately drugged out shit bags so we dont want to interact with them at all and we really dont want them out there wearing our company shirts.

This home is owned by the grandmother of one of these D bags, he's locked up in jail but has let all of his low life friends stay there in the mean time. One guy was charged with attempted murder not long ago and the cops are their most frequent visitors.

We cant wait until this home is sold or condemned or something because theres really nothing else for it so it seems.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:14 AM   #960
I wanna be Dave

FRACKIN' AMAZON!!!

Amazon givith, Amazon disapointith….

A hard lesson I have learned ordering on Amazon is checking the availability and expected ship dates; and, whenever possible, order Prime. But, whether it is do to COVID, civil unrest, the phase of the moon, or someone's mood ring not turning pink, it seems like those expect ship dates are becoming more or less useless. I have a small build I am working on, and need a handful of parts and pieces to finish it, including a spool of PLA. All of this stuff was ordered two weeks ago in the hopes of getting the whole mess finished this week. Next week school starts up again, and the first week or two of a new class are always a little hectic until I get a feel for the course load. In spite of the ship dates promising delivery early this week, everything I have ordered, save the RX, says it will not be delivered until late next week, or the week after, and most parts haven't been shipped yet. …. most annoying!

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM