Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2021, 10:45 PM   #1041
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rant Thread

Not really a rant but man I’d give my left one to go pick this up tomorrow... 2020 Ktm 1290 adventure R brand new for $5k under msrp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2021, 07:53 AM   #1042
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I got power FINALLY about an hour and 45min ago - otherwise I had 2 hours total power spread out since around 2AM Monday morning.

The only place I could get warm was in bed, fully dressed, and every damn blanket I owned piled over me... my phone was totally dead, even though I had used it only to let people know I was alive.

Now, it's back to work! (teleworking, thank goodness - I don't think I could get my car outta the parking lot right now!)
Hey, brother- I hope that you made it out of this mess okay but don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if there's anything that we can do to help. Take care.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:35 AM   #1043
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Hey, brother- I hope that you made it out of this mess okay but don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if there's anything that we can do to help. Take care.
Thanks! I'm all good now - hope you guys didn't (don't?) have too much of a problem with loss of power or water problems...

I was able to telework Thursday and Friday, and am finally relaxing today, with the apartment feeling relatively comfortable - gonna venture out to the car pretty soon and hope my battery still has a charge, grab some fast food somewhere.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:08 PM   #1044
RCC Addict

Good! Glad to hear it. We're okay... power back on and not seeing any water-line breaks. Lost a lot of our landscape plants but that was expected. I'll be bitching about the summer heat in no time lol!
Old 02-20-2021, 03:29 PM   #1045
I wanna be Dave

Yeah - I grew up as an Army brat, moving every 2.5yrs on average - but we ended up in San Antonio in the late '70s and I graduated HS there in '83, came to Austin to give college a try - other than my stint in the USMC out in California, and about 6mos in Detroit after that, I have been back in Austin (OK, there was a poor decision to try Dallas for 11mos).

All I know about the weather here is that it is mostly HOT, and seems to get hotter every year - and then this damn winter storm comes and wallops the heck out of us... CRAZY!

I ran to Jack In the Box, they were CLOSED - ran to 7/11 - ALL their pumps were out of order, and shelves were mostly bare, then got in a line of over a dozen cars at McD's and got nuggets and fries and
went home - there was STILL snow in patches, even on some pavement - and it is sunny and 61 degrees!!!

Now THAT explains how weird our weather can be. 61, been clear and cloud-free all day, yet there is still slush and some bits of ice - I almost did a pratfall getting out of my car at home on a patch...

Old 02-20-2021, 06:59 PM   #1046
RCC Addict

lol well seemingly, the only frozen stuff left on our property was right next to the driver's door of my 4runner. That discovery was made about a second after almost busting my ass getting into the vehicle! Yeah our fast food drive thru's are stacked down here... McD's, Whataburger, Chik filet, etc. Luckily we stocked up at HEB before the storm came in so we didn't have to fight those crowds. I told my sister up north that I haven't seen weather like this since my days living in Ohio as a kid. Spent the majority of my life here in Texas and as much as I hate the oppressive summer heat and humidity, I'm really glad that what happened last week probably won't happen again down here in my lifetime. For me, snow is wonderful... but only for all of about a couple days lol. And with a Jeep riding on 37's it was no big deal getting her back and forth to work last week, But that cold... that's another story. Being a new home owner, it was quite a nail-biter waiting in the dark with no water for those pipes to burst. Looks like my triple insulation at the spigots paid off!
Old 02-21-2021, 06:47 AM   #1047
I wanna be Dave

Pulling apart a 6.7 Cummins in a 2011 Freightliner I cant help but notice almost everything is made in India or China. All country markings are strategically located so you cant see any of them with the motor installed. WTF Cummins? You've fallen so far from the legendary 12 and 24 valve 5.9's. Mark me not impressed.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:23 AM   #1048
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Pulling apart a 6.7 Cummins in a 2011 Freightliner I cant help but notice almost everything is made in India or China. All country markings are strategically located so you cant see any of them with the motor installed. WTF Cummins? You've fallen so far from the legendary 12 and 24 valve 5.9's. Mark me not impressed.

I did a paper in college for my Transportation and Logistic degree on Harley Davidson’s supply chain. Electronics are from Japan, rubber is from China, motors are made in Brazil, there are components from the UK and Korea as well depending on the model/year. Basically they are assembled and painted in the US from parts/raw materials that are globally sourced. It’s my inside joke when a Harley guy makes fun of a metric cruiser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:39 PM   #1049
I wanna be Dave

This guy pretty much covers it...

Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:59 PM   #1050
RCC Addict

Holy crap that was good ^^^
Old 02-25-2021, 06:37 PM   #1051
I wanna be Dave

(^^^Agreed^^^)

I personally couldn't believe that yesterday, less than a week since I had power restored and only a few days since the snow melted - we hit 86 degrees Fahrenheit in Austin!

I actually ran my A/C!!!

Damn South Central Texas weather...

I'd be perfectly content with more cold days, as long as it doesn't snow or ice over again.

Last edited by durok; 02-25-2021 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:36 PM   #1052
RCC Addict

lol I had to run the a/c few times this week as well. The past couple weeks have been on hell of a ride regarding the weather. I wouldn't mind some more chilly weather either... as long as it wants to last but definitely not day after day of sub-freezing temps. We lost a lot of our landscape plants unfortunately. I guess just less for me to have to water this summer but still a shame... One was a very well established Gardenia bush that my wife really cherished.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:35 AM   #1053
RCC Addict

Quote:

Didn't you hear though, it's actually the government controlling the weather, they're so good at it that they're capable of targeting individual states! And the snow is fake!

AND the Mars landing is fake! All the footage is from Finland!

And some people are stupid. So so stupid. Who could actually believe that garbage..
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #1054
RCC Addict

Any idea what happened to Bill F?!!?!!!! Doesn't look! like he has posted!! in about a week!!!? Hope he's alright!!!!!!!!
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:36 AM   #1055
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Any idea what happened to Bill F?!!?!!!! Doesn't look! like he has posted!! in about a week!!!? Hope he's alright!!!!!!!!

Lmao

Old 02-26-2021, 11:54 AM   #1056
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
(^^^Agreed^^^)

I personally couldn't believe that yesterday, less than a week since I had power restored and only a few days since the snow melted - we hit 86 degrees Fahrenheit in Austin!

I actually ran my A/C!!!

I'd be perfectly content with more cold days, as long as it doesn't snow or ice over again.

Here’s the Chicagoland forecast for the next 10 days. See next Wednesday 3/3
Attached Images

Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:57 PM   #1057
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Here’s the Chicagoland forecast for the next 10 days. See next Wednesday 3/3

Jeez, that’s HOT! Lol.

Old 02-26-2021, 01:59 PM   #1058
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post

I imagine as smelly as he said his wife was, that he's sleeping out in the yard without internet connection.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:58 PM   #1059
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I imagine as smelly as he said his wife was, that he's sleeping out in the yard without internet connection.
I'm sorry, I can't hear ya without a bunch of exclamation marks at the end of your sentence.

EDIT: Wow...

For the first time in ages I have an ad related to my interests at the bottom of a RCCrawler.com page - check out that beauty, done up just right:
Attached Images

Last edited by durok; 02-27-2021 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:31 PM   #1060
RCC Addict

My long a$$ rant.................

So 2019, that's when my problems all started.
Are landlords kicked us out of the house we were renting(why) they wanted to sell it,quick like,gave us 2 months to get out.

No way in hell couldn't find a home. Went to a motel(7 months of living in HELL) and that was horrible. Drug addicts rude ass people just not a great place to be with my family there.

Ran out of money for the motel, wife says let's go to moms house, we're here now, more F'N hell cuz of my sister in laws messes up kids! Stress depression and just messed up thoughts cuz where im at in life,hurts more my family is in this SH!T.

Still in hell WAITING for them to leave so we can live in peace!

Fighting my disability with the state even more messed up.
Just so messed up for me now.

Got our lives a roof, food,waking up.

Rant over!
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM