Notices

Thread: "Like" Button

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #21
Sinking with the ship

Default Re: "Like" Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
That's great to hear! There are those here that liked the like button and I'll admit I used it from time to time but I didn't really care for it, and I feel it made me a bit lazy on the forum. Right after I read your post I went to click "like" and I went "duh it's gone dumbass" so I guess I must have used it more than I thought. I'm glad someone is giving this place some attention.
Appreciate the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I appreciate your effort to get this site hopping again.

Hopefully posts stop disappearing as well...
I dont think that’s gonna be an issue going forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Sounds good to me
Appreciate the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Social trends definitely dont favor forums now. However I look forward to seeing the changes and hope that you succeed. Good luck moving forward.
Appreciate it, only time will tell. Things have to change, hopefully it will all be for the better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Perhaps to increase participation try focusing the forums down from 379 different subs.

Or bring back the “awesome star holding member giveaways”

Photo contests with free swag from sponsors.

Spotlight threads as chosen by the admin or have high activity/interest

Do something to encourage referral of new members

RCC swag giveaway like decals for post milestones

Top activity leaderboards in last 30 days
Believe me there was a lot discussed with both Badger and Jason. Nothing is gonna change over night but I am hoping to put this place on the right path

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
It’s been made clear there are a lot of strong opinions on the like button. I’m all for trying to prove or disprove theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only time will tell. If it doesn’t work then it’ll be back and you’ll never hear me bitch about it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I used it as a tool to see where activity was but I can go without it I suppose if its in the name of progress. Its nice to see someone take the reigns.
Click the “New post” tab at the top of the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
I get over it. 50% of mine were from natedog.
Back in the day I think comments and thread views was where it was at.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #22
Suck it up!

Great, now how am I supposed to externally validate my self worth?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
The like button has been disabled as a pilot program I discussed with Badger... we are gonna test the waters without it and see if activity increases.

I’ve been a firm believer that the like button is no good... forums require participation and liking a thread doesn’t generate that IMO.

I spent a lot of time on the phone with Badger tonight, We discussed many of things and I also spoke with Jason.

I want this forum to be back to what it used to be... Badger has given me administrative powers so I can assist with issues larger then that of what a moderator can handle.

I hope we can all work together as a community to turn this place around. Get threads and post counts back up, bring vendors back, hopefully swag and just overall move this place forward and back to the top where it once was

How can i like this,wait i can't....LOL

Hope it helps , id like to see how it was in the past, now .
Bring back vendors/giveaways , 12 days of Christmas, something for the spring and summertime ,all that would be nice.

Still would like the LIKE button.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Sucks for someone like me that sometimes takes motivational steam from 'likes'. I don't create cool enough stuff to garner many replies and I don't have enough tech knowledge to feel as if I'm a very valuable member here. Yeah I understand both sides but killing it isn't going to spark traffic nor tech. Even though all the newer guys like me may not bring much to the table, the 'likes' have been many times a sign that I was on the right track and gave me incentive to keep going. This will hurt a lot of new guys when a 'like' is all they really need in order to know that they're doing something safely or correctly. In a lot of instances they won't get a reply so why should they hang around?
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The like button has been disabled as a pilot program I discussed with Badger... we are gonna test the waters without it and see if activity increases.

I’ve been a firm believer that the like button is no good... forums require participation and liking a thread doesn’t generate that IMO.

I spent a lot of time on the phone with Badger tonight, We discussed many of things and I also spoke with Jason.

I want this forum to be back to what it used to be... Badger has given me administrative powers so I can assist with issues larger then that of what a moderator can handle.

I hope we can all work together as a community to turn this place around. Get threads and post counts back up, bring vendors back, hopefully swag and just overall move this place forward and back to the top where it once was
Dang it.I actually looked for the like button after reading this!
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Sucks for someone like me that sometimes takes motivational steam from 'likes'. I don't create cool enough stuff to garner many replies and I don't have enough tech knowledge to feel as if I'm a very valuable member here. Yeah I understand both sides but killing it isn't going to spark traffic nor tech. Even though all the newer guys like me may not bring much to the table, the 'likes' have been many times a sign that I was on the right track and gave me incentive to keep going. This will hurt a lot of new guys when a 'like' is all they really need in order to know that they're doing something safely or correctly. In a lot of instances they won't get a reply so why should they hang around?
Likes were absolutely worthless and in the grand scheme of things mean nothing at all. Want people to take note of what you're doing? Update often with something, it doesn't have to be some epic high dollar mod or part but something of substance will always grab attention. It is very rare for a neat rig or build to not catch peoples eye.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #27
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Take a half naked selfie.

For cereal though. It’s not about externally validating self worth. It’s about supporting without needing to reply.

Durok has a great post tonight about fondling 1/10 off-road tires whilst drooling. Not really any good way to reply to that but I appreciated the comment. I could go for the lazy LOL reply but I’d rather give the guy a lazy Like instead and not clog up the thread.

Quote:
Like.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Hahaha "fondling" tjats the word I was looking for in high plains drifters cr12 thread when I said I had "groped" a cr12 at my lhs haha
Oh and that's when I noticed the like button was gpne when I saw the awesome work he did to some 1.55 landies.

Crud. I liked the like button.
Gonna miss all those likes from Natedog. And everyone else.

RIP, likes.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:38 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Unless rules get changed around to suit Mikes likings, threads get cleaned up by MOD personell, and people stick around/ come back... This forum is not going to change for the better.

With THX_138 being knocked down to a gold star and getting his duties reduced to the classifieds section only, this forum will need more Mods and regulation.

As of right now, imho.. The rules just got loose as hell with no "iron fist" to clean up loose threads and rusty sections.

WHITE TRASH should be a MOD. He hardly gets out of his tractor anyway. He is a forum VET here and knows his way around. Also is on here regularly.

There was a few words put in for me to be a MOD to both Jason and badger.

With me coming from a military background, I enforce rules no matter what they are.

Imho.. Since i paid for my subscription, i should have the ability to come to a moderator or admin with an issue i see on the forum. Im not paying to just be able to sell my product. That should go without saying. Im also paying for the rules to be EQUALLY enforced to everybody on this forum.

If this post gets me a time out, banhammer, or my vendor status ripped from me.. So be it.

Till then, goodnight.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:07 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

A 'f**k you' button is guaranteed to increase interaction.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:24 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
That is the button to view my profile. Thanks for noticing.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:40 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

I have a question. Since the "like" button is gone I would assume there is going to be an increase in the classic one liner "sweet rig" posts. So with that being the case how do you tell who is sincere about it and who is trying to get their post count up so they can see the classifieds section? Obviously those that have been here a while and have more posts are not looking to get into the classifieds section but legit newbies not trying to get into the classifieds now could get their post counts reset in error.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:34 AM   #33
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

Guess youll have to kick it 'old skool' and go by replies and views

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
How can i like this,wait i can't....LOL

Hope it helps , id like to see how it was in the past, now .
Bring back vendors/giveaways , 12 days of Christmas, something for the spring and summertime ,all that would be nice.

Still would like the LIKE button.

There are a lot of things that will be in the works in the next few weeks. The things you have mentioned are things I have touched on with John/Badger

as stated above, the like button is a trail program..John has the ability to see stats so we will know for sure of its helpful or hurtful

Quote:

This forum and many threads survived for YEARS without the like button, post what you got and the replies will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Dang it.I actually looked for the like button after reading this!

And then.... NO AND THEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Likes were absolutely worthless and in the grand scheme of things mean nothing at all. Want people to take note of what you're doing? Update often with something, it doesn't have to be some epic high dollar mod or part but something of substance will always grab attention. It is very rare for a neat rig or build to not catch peoples eye.

^This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Take a half naked selfie.

For cereal though. It’s not about externally validating self worth. It’s about supporting without needing to reply.

Durok has a great post tonight about fondling 1/10 off-road tires whilst drooling. Not really any good way to reply to that but I appreciated the comment. I could go for the lazy LOL reply but I’d rather give the guy a lazy Like instead and not clog up the thread.

Like.

Its not clogging up a thread when traffic is way down, we have a lot of work to do to get this place back up to par. As it becomes a well oiled machine again, adjustments can be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Hahaha "fondling" tjats the word I was looking for in high plains drifters cr12 thread when I said I had "groped" a cr12 at my lhs haha
Oh and that's when I noticed the like button was gpne when I saw the awesome work he did to some 1.55 landies.

Crud. I liked the like button.
Gonna miss all those likes from Natedog. And everyone else.

RIP, likes.

Again...its a pilot program to see if it hurts or helps the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Unless rules get changed around to suit Mikes likings, threads get cleaned up by MOD personell, and people stick around/ come back... This forum is not going to change for the better.

With THX_138 being knocked down to a gold star and getting his duties reduced to the classifieds section only, this forum will need more Mods and regulation.

As of right now, imho.. The rules just got loose as hell with no "iron fist" to clean up loose threads and rusty sections.

WHITE TRASH should be a MOD. He hardly gets out of his tractor anyway. He is a forum VET here and knows his way around. Also is on here regularly.

There was a few words put in for me to be a MOD to both Jason and badger.

With me coming from a military background, I enforce rules no matter what they are.

Imho.. Since i paid for my subscription, i should have the ability to come to a moderator or admin with an issue i see on the forum. Im not paying to just be able to sell my product. That should go without saying. Im also paying for the rules to be EQUALLY enforced to everybody on this forum.

If this post gets me a time out, banhammer, or my vendor status ripped from me.. So be it.

Till then, goodnight.

Firstly, RCC appreciates your support as both vendor and military person. While I am not military I am an Internal Affairs Investigator for my Sheriffs office here, so I am very familiar with following rules and enforcing them. However, not everything is black and white, and everyone needs to work together to move this place forward.

Going forward threads, especially expired vendor stuff, will get cleaned up...Its not going to happen over night and your going to have to have some patient.

Your vendor star does not entitle to you to mod or admin duties (see attached photo)

I dont know why you think you'd be banned over your comment but there are bigger things in the works and last thing I am trying to do is turn people away.

Changes are coming, they arent going to happen overnight, I am gonna need moderators to assist here, I will be discussing that with Badger over the next few weeks to see who would be a good fit.

With all that said, its not MY forum... Jason and John own it and ultimately set fourth the policies and procedures for here. My powers were bumped up so that I can take additional action if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post

Not gonna happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
That is the button to view my profile. Thanks for noticing.

I laughed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
I have a question. Since the "like" button is gone I would assume there is going to be an increase in the classic one liner "sweet rig" posts. So with that being the case how do you tell who is sincere about it and who is trying to get their post count up so they can see the classifieds section? Obviously those that have been here a while and have more posts are not looking to get into the classifieds section but legit newbies not trying to get into the classifieds now could get their post counts reset in error.

Honestly, at this point and where the forum is at, I am not against people posting "cool truck" "sweet rig" "dig it bro" etc... ive been here long enough to see how the forum is in its current condition and I dont think those type of posts are gonna hurt it at the moment. Also, the classifieds arent booming like they used. In the past, if we thought people were padding their post count it was on us moderators to take action.

In speaking with John/Badger there are updates for Vbulletin that would allow the classifieds to operate smoother without tasking the mods to do everything.

Again, this is all stuff thats being looked into going forward
Attached Images

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 03-12-2019 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:17 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Guess youll have to kick it 'old skool' and go by replies and views

There are a lot of things that will be in the works in the next few weeks. The things you have mentioned are things I have touched on with John/Badger
Um this has nothing to do with this topic, but I tried to send a PM via Tapatalk and it won't do anything, I then tried to send you a PM about it and nothing happens when you click on message, this probably has nothing to do with the forum and I don't know if you can do anything but just making you aware. Thanks
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:26 AM   #35
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Um this has nothing to do with this topic, but I tried to send a PM via Tapatalk and it won't do anything, I then tried to send you a PM about it and nothing happens when you click on message, this probably has nothing to do with the forum and I don't know if you can do anything but just making you aware. Thanks

Not sure if that is something with Tapatalk, or something Vbulletin, but I will ad it to my list of things to discuss with badger

Thanks for letting me know

-Mike
Old 03-12-2019, 06:36 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

If this is how you feel about it Mike, it shows me you can't slow down and read, and or understand what I typed, or dont really care about issues of the forum. Se photos attached below.

CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:36 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Without the like button, we are now all encouraged to work on our vocabulary.

This should help everyone:

I will start by saying I rejoice in this thread.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:45 AM   #38

Quote:
Interesting you say that. I couldn't delete PMs via Tapatalk. I had to go to the mobile website and do it.

It's taking some time getting used to not having the "Like" button...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:47 AM   #39
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
If this is how you feel about it Mike, it shows me you can't slow down and read, and or understand what I typed, or dont really care about issues of the forum. Se photos attached below.

My apologies, I misread what you wrote originally.

Naturally, if there is an issue you can hit the report post button or send me a PM

To say I don't care is a bit of stretch, but for some reason, I feel like you have some underlying issues with me after your PMs from yesterday. Is what it is, I'm doing the best I can...
Old 03-12-2019, 06:52 AM   #40
Sinking with the ship

For what its worth, a lot has happened here in the last few days, much of which 99.9% of the members here don't realize...

I, like most of everyone else, have a job, personal life etc...however, anyone that knows me on a personal level knows my passion for RCs and how I feel about this forum...

So again, doing the best I can...

"Like" Button - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airtronics M11 settings for "push-button" dig control John Hallman Electronics 8 09-21-2010 08:48 PM
"Hide Forum" button? microgoat Comments, Suggestions, and Help 11 04-05-2006 11:30 AM
project "search button",my TLT Chevy 72Blazer Tamiya TLT Crawlers 13 03-04-2006 06:57 PM