Notices

Thread: Coronavirus - Covid-19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2020, 08:52 PM   #881
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I sure as hell hope in 10 years that’s the case. I don’t think 2020 will be listed in any history books in the future haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
History, in general, seems to be all racism and hate so it won't be taught, at all.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2020, 07:01 AM   #882
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I sure as hell hope in 10 years that’s the case. I don’t think 2020 will be listed in any history books in the future haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People don't read history books anyway. And if they did, they would refuse to learn from it, so who cares...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 04:42 AM   #883
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohanne View Post
People don't read history books anyway. And if they did, they would refuse to learn from it, so who cares...
Actually the opposite is the case ...if they would read it they might learn a thing or two...but usually they dont.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:43 AM   #884
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Actually the opposite is the case ...if they would read it they might learn a thing or two...but usually they dont.
I think that is what I was trying to say
Anyway.. it's going to be interesting now to see how Trump will fare with covid-19.

tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:15 AM   #885
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohanne View Post
I think that is what I was trying to say
Anyway.. it's going to be interesting now to see how Trump will fare with covid-19.

Now that our President and first lady have a confirmed case of the Wu-Flu, it will be interesting to see how/if his attitude towards masks change. And, how the Trump devotees attitude changes.

I honestly do not understand the people on the conservative side that opposed wearing face masks, most of their reasoning has little rational. It kind of reminds me of when federally mandated seatbelts came in effect, everyone bitched and hollered, complaining that the government was trying to take away their rights by having them do something that would likely save their lives. When the face mask mandate went into effect up here in North Ho, people acted like the government had told them they had to put rainbow and Biden flags on their front porches.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:47 PM   #886
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Now that our President and first lady have a confirmed case of the Wu-Flu, it will be interesting to see how/if his attitude towards masks change. And, how the Trump devotees attitude changes.

I honestly do not understand the people on the conservative side that opposed wearing face masks, most of their reasoning has little rational. It kind of reminds me of when federally mandated seatbelts came in effect, everyone bitched and hollered, complaining that the government was trying to take away their rights by having them do something that would likely save their lives. When the face mask mandate went into effect up here in North Ho, people acted like the government had told them they had to put rainbow and Biden flags on their front porches.
Believe it or not, here in Illinois we have parents suing the state and governor to force in person learning for their kids as well as kids standing up and saying they want to go back. Most of those kids seem to be student athletes and I’m trying to figure out if these parents are trying to stick their spawn on the teachers so they don’t have to deal with them all day any more, trying to get them sports scholarships so they don’t have to pay for their kids college education, or if they’re just stupid.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #887
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Believe it or not, here in Illinois we have parents suing the state and governor to force in person learning for their kids as well as kids standing up and saying they want to go back. Most of those kids seem to be student athletes and I’m trying to figure out if these parents are trying to stick their spawn on the teachers so they don’t have to deal with them all day any more, trying to get them sports scholarships so they don’t have to pay for their kids college education, or if they’re just stupid.

The latter, they're just stupid.

If we look at what's happened over the last several months, getting groups together, and in the case of some states opening up too soon, now these states are reverting back to phase 1 & 2 because their number of infected rates are rising. I don't agree with everything Pritzger has imposed, but I do agree that until a vaccination is approved, we should maintain usage of masks, and distancing.

I'm 61, have a public works job, so I encounter residents and contractors all day. I wear a mask inside buildings, and pay attention to my surroundings.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:06 AM   #888

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Here, (KS) we have had some athletes transfer to neighboring towns/counties so they can play their "foozball" cause at first our district wasn't going to do any sort of sports or classroom classes (just remote classes). They have lessened the restrictions somewhat and those athletes are wanting to come back to play in our district. But I heard that the state athletic board are not allowing students to jump back and forth.
Anyways.... Just wear your mask people!
jchammbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:58 PM   #889
I wanna be Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvmj8tMUEzo
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:52 PM   #890
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMax View Post
COVID-19 is a new virus that will be examined for years. We will find out its consequences only over time.
Dunno, seems like it would be quicker and easier to just ask China how they made it.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote