They look good to me! Great job Todd!
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMJ View Post
Todd,

The rules make sense and they seem more than fair. You did a great job of trying to make ALL of us happy. Happy B-Day Buddy
Thanks Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post
Looks good Todd! You forgot the rule that Rubba starts with 50pts on a course
Yea, but you didn't see the fine print. :-P

For every point the Rubba and Sparky beat us by everyone gets to shoot them one time with Goodall's airsoft rifle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDShorT View Post
And drives with one hand behind his back, or left handed...we'll let him flip a coin to decide
Do you think that would even make it close to fair? I'm thinking he's going to have to stand on his hands and use just one foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Todd, these look great.

Only question I had was I thought we were taking out the -3 for a functional winch since those without will likely be penalized for needing a rescue. It's not a big deal, but I think it might be a little redundant. Most guys with one will be at or close to max points anyways.

I can't wait for the new series to start! I'm hoping to have both dodges ready to go very soon!
Yea, but I want people without winches to have more incentive to get one. I think winches are an important part of scale rigs and even though points maybe redundant, It may make someone want to get one just for the extra points.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #83
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Yea, but I want people without winches to have more incentive to get one. I think winches are an important part of scale rigs and even though points maybe redundant, It may make someone want to get one just for the extra points.
Plus a rig should get scale points for a scale winch on the front vs a servo winch. I think you are right on track Todd.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Just to clarify what each class consists of.
How and what is needs to be included.
I got this from Scale4x4.com I took some info out that does not apply to what we do here.
This should be nothing new for anyone. It has been the "standard" for a while now, but just wanted to make sure everyone knows what were looking for.
Questionable rigs will be addressed at the comps and will be a group decision.

1.9” Class

> Chassis: The chassis or frame must be a ladder style and extend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs (TVP), "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation. Tub style chassis are allowed.

> Wheels & Tires: Wheels are restricted to OEM 1.9” size. If the tires are cut down 2.2’s, they must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim. 2.0's wheels are allowed as long as the tire attached is either a stock 1.9 tire or cut & shut tire that falls into the restrictions.

> Body: You must run a complete body, bumpers, fenders, doors and tailgates must be intact. Moderate fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. If no doors are run, the vehicle must have an interior (dash, floorpan, seats, etc). If no tailgate is used, the bed must be built out (drop bed). A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat, and tail lights(need not function), (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).

> Steering: 4-wheel steering is illegal.

> Drivetrain: A chassis mounted transmission and/or transfer case are allowed. Front or rear dig, cutting bakes, motor on axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with single or dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs).

> Wheelbase and width: The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells.

> Comp-day modifications: The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

> Battery: The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.
__________________________________________________ ________________________
2.2” Class
> Chassis: The chassis or frame must be a ladder style and extend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs (TVP), "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation. Tub style chassis are allowed.

> Wheels & Tires: Wheels are restricted to OEM 2.2” size. all OEM tires are legal, any modified tires may be no larger then 5.5"

> Body: You must run a body, fenders, doors and tailgates must be intact. Moderate fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. If no doors are run, the vehicle must have an interior (dash, floorpan, seats, etc). If no tailgate is used, the bed must be built out (drop bed). A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare, and tail lights(need not function), (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds). All vehicles should be able to accommodate a minimum of a driver and passenger(no single seat buggys)

> Steering: 4-wheel steering is illegal.

> Drivetrain: A chassis mounted transmission and/or transfer case are mandated. Front or rear dig, cutting bakes, motor on axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with single or dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs).

> Wheelbase and width: The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells. Width is unrestricted.

> Comp-day modifications: The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

> Battery: The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.

>“Tuber” vehicles will be addressed on site and maybe allowed to run in this class but no guarantee is given. All tubers must have at least a hood, grille, and side panels. Tubers should try to adhere to the spirit of "scale" and look as realistic as possible.

Last edited by Rogue; 01-17-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
2.2” Class...
> Drivetrain: A chassis mounted transmission and/or transfer case are mandated. Front or rear dig, cutting bakes, motor on axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with single or dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs). A switchable transfer case is allowed, but only between 4x4 and 2x4 (rear wheel drive).
So, to further clarify, If someone has a dig unit installed, they can only have it switch between 4 wheel drive and rear wheel drive. No locking the front tires is allowed right?
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
So, to further clarify, If someone has a dig unit installed, they can only have it switch between 4 wheel drive and rear wheel drive. No locking the front tires is allowed right?

No, missed that part, should not have been included. No dig, you can have it on there, but you will be DQ on the course it if is in gauged on purpose on not.

I will edit that out.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:26 AM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Why is the dig illeagal, My 1to1 has a dig and most of my buddys run Atlas cases, It's very scale. Just wondering
lwb Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #88
RCC Addict

The biggest reason for no dig is that is the way the rest of the country does it. Not that we have to be sheep, but I've got dig on my comp rigs, if have have a desire to use dig, I'll go run those.

If there is would be enough interest and enough people that show up for the series that would allow dig/4ws we could add it.
I do not want that to be what the scale series becomes though. If it were to become a class it would be more of an exhibition style class this season to see how things go, then maybe make it into a full time class if it were to work well.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #89
MODERHATER™

How many would be enough?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
How many would be enough?
What we have done in the past was 3, but it would need to be for more then one event to consider it for the series.

I know You, and Turtle have wanted something like this. I would also be interested in one, Goodall I'm sure would. Who else that would show up to the events would/could build a rig to compete in this type of class?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Are we talking about front dig or rear dig?

I was planning on mounting my dig so it disconnects the front axle, similar to a lot of 1:1 vehicles that can select between 4WD, and RWD.

I can see banning the other style dig that disconnects and/or locks the rear axle for tighter turns, since this is not common in a "street legal" 1:1 vehicle, but the first style is very common in most 1:1 off-road vehicles.

If we do an unlimited class though, and allow Dig and rear steer, what would the other rules for that class be in terms of vehicle design?
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #92
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
What we have done in the past was 3, but it would need to be for more then one event to consider it for the series.

I know You, and Turtle have wanted something like this. I would also be interested in one, Goodall I'm sure would. Who else that would show up to the events would/could build a rig to compete in this type of class?
Hello.............
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

i got one almost ready i hope to make almost all of your comps as well.
timmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

I like the ideal of dig, count me in
Old 01-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
The biggest reason for no dig is that is the way the rest of the country does it. Not that we have to be sheep, but I've got dig on my comp rigs, if have have a desire to use dig, I'll go run those.

If there is would be enough interest and enough people that show up for the series that would allow dig/4ws we could add it.
I do not want that to be what the scale series becomes though. If it were to become a class it would be more of an exhibition style class this season to see how things go, then maybe make it into a full time class if it were to work well.
This is Crawlarado and we have been setting the standard for rockcrawling I think ( kinda bold, but true I believe in the 1to1 world ) I think the rest of the country could learn a thing or 2 about the rocks from us. Adding dig is just stepping up to the ages. I don't think that will change things much, What makes a rig scale is what makes a rig scale.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #96
RCC Addict

I'll run a 1.9 dig/4ws class.

And I'll build a Axail 1.9 to run the street class too.
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbaneck View Post
I'll run a 1.9 dig/4ws class.

And I'll build a Axail 1.9 to run the street class too.
Would ya do it w/ worm drive axles, cause that's not very scale, never seen a worm drive axle under a truck on the trail. Once again, all I'm saying is scale is scale, dig transfer cases are in real trucks, worm drive axles are not. I'm new here and just trying to figure how you guys are coming up w/ scale or not.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Circa 1919, Model T pick-up with worm drive axles. They made them but it's obvious it didn't work out very well in the long run. Plus this is the OG gangsta' on muddy roads and trails.

Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=Rubbaneck;2246012]Circa 1919, Model T pick-up with worm drive axles. They made them but it's obvious it didn't work out very well in the long run. Plus this is the OG gangsta' on muddy roads and trails.

is that what you are going to have to bulid now? factory tires and all!
timmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Well, in that case i can post a pic of VW bug w/ a electric motor hooked to the transaxle. Guy drives it every day to Manitou High School so I guess that means I can run berg axles in the scaler class. I'l see ya at the next comp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure i can get my berg axles under my Hilux