Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Ideas for next season Scale Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #121
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I also question if you all were to show up at an event would we play with toy trucks or hold a WWF event. .
I got $100 on Dan to win!!!

Quote:
For now though, I'll come up with some guidelines for what and unlimited class could be. Post up if your willing to build something that could fit into something that were to be unlimited.
Pretty vague but 1.9/2.2 tires and wheels max 5.5", must run full body or tuber with panels, (not really any different then the rules now) must have drive shafts, can have 4WS DIG front or rear, but limited to one axle only. Would need a winch period, no exceptions. Courses would be built were a winch would have to be used at least once. There would be no assistance from any other rigs at any time with this class. I can come up with a full list here in the next few days and we'll see if it is something that we would event want to try.

Please just post up if this is some thing that your interested in, not anything else. All I want to know if this is something that is possible and worth taking the time to set up.

Thanks, Todd.
Count me in Just need to know if there is enough interest. I would only use dig, so I could still do the other class if I was allowed. I guess the next question would be if you could use the same truck in a different class, or would you need a different rig?

Current rules are fine by me Todd, I think you are doing a great job!! It is not our job to define what is and is not scale. We have our rules and let someone else define that question. Build a rig to the specs that you have laid out, or don't show up

Last question, When/where is the next one
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #122
Quarry Creeper

Pretty vague but 1.9/2.2 tires and wheels max 5.5", must run full body or tuber with panels, (not really any different then the rules now) must have drive shafts, can have 4WS DIG front or rear, but limited to one axle only. Would need a winch period, no exceptions. Courses would be built were a winch would have to be used at least once. There would be no assistance from any other rigs at any time with this class. I can come up with a full list here in the next few days and we'll see if it is something that we would event want to try.

will it be ok to run my truck in the 1.9 class as well as the unlimted class? i just wanted to know if one truck is only alowed to run one class?
timmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #123
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post
Yea, don't think there would be any takers to even try

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy85 View Post
will it be ok to run my truck in the 1.9 class as well as the unlimted class? i just wanted to know if one truck is only alowed to run one class?
Time really is against us with scalers. I've had people say that they will help with set up and scoring. Time will be the biggest factor in running an extra class, so with an answer to your question, no.
I don't care if anyone has "extra" stuff on there rigs while competing in the 1.9 or 2.2 class. Know that if any of this "extra" stuff is used on purpose or not you will be DQ'ed from that course regardless of any excuse.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #124
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post
Im willing to try. Im pretty nimble.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #125
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:

Time really is against us with scalers. I've had people say that they will help with set up and scoring. Time will be the biggest factor in running an extra class, so with an answer to your question, no.
I don't care if anyone has "extra" stuff on there rigs while competing in the 1.9 or 2.2 class. Know that if any of this "extra" stuff is used on purpose or not you will be DQ'ed from that course regardless of any excuse.

As much as I would love to put rear steer on my FJ-40, I think Todd is right. There isn't hardly enough time to run 3 courses for 2.2 and 1.9. THANKS Todd for everything you do for us.
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #126
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Im willing to try. Im pretty nimble.
I heard Rock Queen has a scaler...
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
Tar and feather? again.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #128
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
Now that is funny.
Jgoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgoodall View Post
Now that is funny.
In all fairness I would never hit a girl, so it is a one sided fight. I will however through shit at them.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #130
RCC Addict

Ok, though up some rules for building a Modified scaler.
I don't want to call it "unlimited" as that makes it unclear as to what you can build, so we'll call it a modified class. Take a look and let me know what you think. We can change some things up, but one thing that there is no chance of changing is the requirement for a functional winch or help from other rigs.

Modified Class:
Chassis:
The chassis or frame must be a ladder style and extend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs (TVP), "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation. Tub style chassis are allowed.

Wheels & Tires: Wheels are restricted to OEM 1.9 or2.2” size. Tire rules apply from previous classes. Any tire may be run, but a deduction in points will be made to those running “comp” tires. Modified tires may be no larger then 5.5"

Body:
You must run a body; fenders, doors and tailgates must be intact. Fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. If no doors are run, the vehicle must have an interior (dash, steering wheel, seats, etc). A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. A tube bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare, and tail lights (need not function) All vehicles should be able to accommodate a minimum of a driver and passenger (no single seat buggies)

Steering:
4-wheel steering is legal.

Drive train:
A chassis mounted transmission and/or transfer case are mandated. Front or rear dig, cutting bakes are legal, limited to only one axle front or rear but only one. Motor on axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with single or dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs).

Wheelbase and width:
The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells. Width is unrestricted.

Comp-day modifications:
The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

Battery:
The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.

Tubers:
Tuber vehicles will be allowed to run in this class. All tubers must have at least a hood, grille, and side panels. Tubers should try to adhere to the spirit of "scale" and look as realistic as possible.
A functional winch is required to run in this class. No help from other rigs will be allowed.

Scale deductions would be the same as the other two classes.

What to you think and who's in???

Last edited by Rogue; 01-25-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #131
Rock Crawler

Looks sweet! Love this part "4-wheel steering is legal" I've been wanting to do a scale tuber with 4 wheel steering.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #132

Looks good Todd, can the same vehicle be run in more then one class?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy85 View Post
Quote:
So, are we going to use the "Modified" class as an "after the normal 1.9s and 2.2s are run exhibition class outside of the series points just for fun" class? I think I could easily add rear steer and install the dig in the Dodge, but lock them out for the 2.2 class. (Just need to get that 6ch pistol together.)

So...

Quote:
can the same vehicle be run in more then one class?
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #134
RCC Addict

Quote:
Looks good Todd, can the same vehicle be run in more then one class?
I said in an earlier post no, and I would really like to keep the classes separated, but I can see some not being able to have multiple rigs. I guess if time is on our side we could give it a shot. The biggest thing would be the use of any "extras" during the normal 1.9/2.2 classes. I think the only way to make it fair would be to DQ the rig for the course it is on and receive a +75 for that course regardless of progress. There would not be any excuses for its use and the driver would have to pull their rig off course as soon as it happens. They also would loose any scale points for the day. I think the penalty has to be sever enough to make sure you disabled what ever you may have on the rig to make sure it is not used.

This class will be mostly an experiment/exhibition and see where it leads. I will keep track of points for it, but it will not take priority over the other classes. If for some reason the other classes die off because of this class something will have to be done. I can see this class turning into something very popular and becoming a dominating class because of the extra performance that it will offer, getting away from what I and others like about scalers.

I know most of the guys that really like the scale side of things, like it because it's a little simpler, little more laid back, and more about having fun. Scalers are a way for me to get away from the comp rigs, were everything is serious and to be on top you need to spend alot of time and usually a good amount of money. Scalers at the end of the day it still boils down to driver ability, not now much money and new parts you can throw at your rig. Last series both the 1st and 2nd place rigs in the 1.9 class were for the most part box stock SCX-10 with the normal things added to make them a little more scale. Heck my 1.9 still has the stock 30wt oil in the shocks that came with the kit. In the 2.2 class both Jeff and I ran the SCX-10 and just used longer links from the AX-10 kit. Both had tube frames bolted on, but really were not all that far off from a stock SCX-10 with longer links. As far as Rodney went with his 3rd place finish in both classes said and I quote, "I change rigs as fast as I change underwear" did very well, even though I can't remember what all of his rigs were based on. He did it with consistent finishes though out the series.

I just don't want the modified class to become the "class" to run and the 1.9/2.2 scalers get left behind.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:27 PM   #135
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
So, are we going to use the "Modified" class as an "after the normal 1.9s and 2.2s are run exhibition class outside of the series points just for fun" class? I think I could easily add rear steer and install the dig in the Dodge, but lock them out for the 2.2 class. (Just need to get that 6ch pistol together.)

So...

I was typing while you posted, but I think that I have answered your questions. If not I'll get to them tomorrow as I have to get up way to early for work in the morning.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:20 AM   #136
[HOONIGAN]

Todd,

I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think we'll have a big turnout on the unlimited class. I think it should be a seperate vehicle. It is similar to the tire size rule (you can't run the same rig in 1.9 and 2.2)
RPMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #137

Quote:
I said in an earlier post no, and I would really like to keep the classes separated, but I can see some not being able to have multiple rigs. I guess if time is on our side we could give it a shot. The biggest thing would be the use of any "extras" during the normal 1.9/2.2 classes. I think the only way to make it fair would be to DQ the rig for the course it is on and receive a +75 for that course regardless of progress. There would not be any excuses for its use and the driver would have to pull their rig off course as soon as it happens. They also would loose any scale points for the day. I think the penalty has to be sever enough to make sure you disabled what ever you may have on the rig to make sure it is not used.
This is why I had to ask again, it sounds a little wishy washy, but personally I think it should be a separate rig for modified.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #138
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMJ View Post
Todd,

I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think we'll have a big turnout on the unlimited class. I think it should be a seperate vehicle. It is similar to the tire size rule (you can't run the same rig in 1.9 and 2.2)
Good point Rodney!

Quote:
This is why I had to ask again, it sounds a little wishy washy, but personally I think it should be a separate rig for modified.
I figured that you of all people, would be the one that would most want to run the same rig twice.

Sounds like the majority want to have separate rigs for each class. I'm fine either way but would perfer separate classes so we'll go with seperate rigs for each class.

How's that for you Turtle, changed my mind again in less then 24hrs. :-P
Old 01-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #139
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

I figured that you of all people, would be the one that would most want to run the same rig twice.

Sounds like the majority want to have separate rigs for each class. I'm fine either way but would perfer separate classes so we'll go with seperate rigs for each class.

How's that for you Turtle, changed my mind again in less then 24hrs. :-P[/QUOTE]

I like the rig for each class idea!
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #140

Quote:
How's that for you Turtle, changed my mind again in less then 24hrs. :-P
Fine with me. Carry on.