Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

View Poll Results: What would you like to see in a comp & scale indoor/outdoor course forum?
Post your own backyard scale/comp courses 163 74.77%
Post spectacular commercial scale/comp courses 110 50.46%
indoor & outdoor scale/comp courses 137 62.84%
tips & tricks on building your own course 175 80.28%
coverage of comps & scale events 72 33.03%
Scale course features, bridges, buildings, signs, ponds, lighting, etc. 146 66.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: New Crawler Course / RC ORV Park forum? Any Interest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #161
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
Superlift orv park,hot springs,Arkansas.
Dang, far for me. Oh well, sick course regardless man
speed ghilliesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #162
Pebble Pounder

I am in for a dedicated forum. I am working on mine and would like to get a little inspiration.
cobrawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #163
Rock Crawler

looking real good! great work!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #164
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
heres something to stir the pot a lil bit..

Superlift orv park and Roland rockshop bringing you..

Superlift Rc Orv park

stay tuned..
cause its getn the full treatment!
Staying tuned. This looks awsome.

so how does that work, is it public? who pays for it. sorry if questions have been answered. there was just a ton of responses & I didn't go through all the pages.

Interesting that you are seperating the scalers & the rock jocks. When I first got into this, it seemed there wasn't much difference but I went scale, got rid of the creeper I had. Don't get me wrong, they are fun but so are jet skis, slot car tracks & rocket jet packs & we all have limited funds. I've put mine into scalers.

Last edited by DRW-FJ40; 10-31-2011 at 03:09 PM.
DRW-FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #165
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW-FJ40 View Post
Staying tuned. This looks awsome.

so how does that work, is it public? who pays for it. sorry if questions have been answered. there was just a ton of responses & I didn't go through all the pages.

Interesting that you are seperating the scalers & the rock jocks. When I first got into this, it seemed there wasn't much difference but I went scale, got rid of the creeper I had. Don't get me wrong, they are fun but so are jet skis, slot car tracks & rocket jet packs & we all have limited funds. I've put mine into scalers.
its Superlifts rc orv park at the Superlift orv park in hot springs,arkansas.
fee for usage hasnt been discussed to much,but it shouldnt be over $5 a person i would think,if that.

www.orvpark.com

its all donated time/materials..by rc guys and 1:1 crawlers..

it will be used by comp rigs and scalers..
the area goes up on the hillside and over to the sleep shack..very big area
to fill up.

the mounds of dirt will be partially coverd up with scale trails interweaving thru them and around them on the ground.

if everything goes like i invision it,it should look like a miniature offroad park. complete with main check in office-a lookout tower-scale bridge..

im going back 2mrw to do some more work on it,ill get some pics with my scalers on it.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #166
Rock Crawler

Can't wait to watch this come to life. I think scale buildings really adds to a scale park.

I cleared some area in my ORV park & I'm actually thinking I'm going to need to haul some rock away. I want to make a little pond. So anyone who is hauling rock into their course, I've got free rock, you just pay shipping costs...
Old 11-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #167

I would totally love to see a dedicated course-building sub forum. My course build thread is Here. It's my first scale micro course.
Dan@hwff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #168
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@hwff View Post
I would totally love to see a dedicated course-building sub forum. My course build thread is Here. It's my first scale micro course.
Wow! That is cool. Just when I thought all angles for a course forum have been thought of. I've always thought a micro course in the basement would be cool but you've taken it to another level.

if anyone has wondered why stock in ibprophen has skyrocketed, it's just me. I probably doubled my terrain via slash and burn. It's sort of a mess now but come spring, it's going to be sweet. I need to take some pics.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #169
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Wow! That is cool. Just when I thought all angles for a course forum have been thought of. I've always thought a micro course in the basement would be cool but you've taken it to another level.
you would be surprised how detailed some of the micro courses can get! here is one from nigelpheron on scale4x4 that is very detailed
The scene below - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #170
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
you would be surprised how detailed some of the micro courses can get! here is one from nigelpheron on scale4x4 that is very detailed
The scene below - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums
Very cool. I love the detailed scenery. I've been watching these kind of builds because I'm building a 1/32 Carrera digital slot car layout in the basement. It could very easily double as a micro scale park.

This should definately be a sub-section of a course forum, indoor micro courses.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #171
Rock Crawler

It's officially off season. Time to clear some new terrain:

New "Cedar Ridge Trail":

"The Dogwood Trail":

My slash & burn method of developing RC ORV terrain, cut everything with the chain saw, make a big burn pile over the ugliest of the stumps, weedwack, leaf blower & round up in the spring:

Old 12-02-2011, 05:08 AM   #172

A forum dedicated to this would have made research for my college class easier. I am taking an intro to business class and for my business plan I wanted to start a rc crawler park, I have not been able to locate one within 500 miles. Parks dedicated just to crawling would be great for clubs to compete against each other as well as give newbies like me a place to meet people that could offer advice, tips, and tricks.
beernuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrawes View Post
I am in for a dedicated forum. I am working on mine and would like to get a little inspiration.
Same here, one single area to find all of the course builds would be great !!
jt512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #174

I am trying to figure out a good layout for my backyard
And sure would love to see all this together in one spot
troyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #175
Rock Stacker

Same here. I want to do a small fun layout in my back yard and love to look at other projects to get ideas.
Dave_In_Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #176
Pebble Pounder

Is this where my backyard build thread should be?
HoupS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #177
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoupS View Post
Is this where my backyard build thread should be?
Thanks for all your input & interest.

HoupS, there really isn't a specific place to put terrain park/backyard course builds, that's what we've been pushing for. Most I've seen are in "general crawlers" or "General scale talk" & a few scattered in various places. I've posted a few pics of mine on this thread but need to start another thread on just the RC ORV Park somewhere, I was kind a waiting for a dedicated Terrain park/course building forum but not sure how long a wait that will be.

I can only guess as to why it hasn't happened. Maybe Mods are just waiting to see how serious this group is or if it's just a fad that will fizzle out shortly. The thread has gotten a lot of views though & seems to be a lot of genuine interest. even some of the guys who have big course builds and are tired of commenting on this thread are still pretty actively building & trading ideas & techniques.

I've been doing a lot of clearing & will probably triple the size of my terrain park this winter. So I'll be looking to start a thread dedicated to the ORV terrain park build this spring.... somewhere.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:57 AM   #178
RCC Addict

Default Re: New Crawler Course / RC ORV Park forum? Any Interest?

I would love to see a dedicated forum also. Hope to do a garage build this spring.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #179
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Thanks for all your input & interest.

HoupS, there really isn't a specific place to put terrain park/backyard course builds, that's what we've been pushing for. Most I've seen are in "general crawlers" or "General scale talk" & a few scattered in various places. I've posted a few pics of mine on this thread but need to start another thread on just the RC ORV Park somewhere, I was kind a waiting for a dedicated Terrain park/course building forum but not sure how long a wait that will be.

I can only guess as to why it hasn't happened. Maybe Mods are just waiting to see how serious this group is or if it's just a fad that will fizzle out shortly. The thread has gotten a lot of views though & seems to be a lot of genuine interest. even some of the guys who have big course builds and are tired of commenting on this thread are still pretty actively building & trading ideas & techniques.

I've been doing a lot of clearing & will probably triple the size of my terrain park this winter. So I'll be looking to start a thread dedicated to the ORV terrain park build this spring.... somewhere.

Thank you for the info. I would also like to see a dedicated forum, imo, it would be more organized.
HoupS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #180
Rock Crawler

Time to stir the pot a bit...

I've been doing a lot of clearing. Good time of year to expand. I have the opposite problem as most, I have too much rock & the terrain is too difficult.... well maybe not too difficult but a lot of the terrain is brutal on scale trucks. So... I've developed a technique. I clear area with a chain saw & pruning shears. Then go over it with a weed wacker. this gets the little stuff & breaks all the leaves & debri up. Then I use a leaf blower & rake to get it all in a pile & burn it. add bags of gravel to fill in gaps in the terrain & top coat it with sand. the sand, over time, works into the small cracks & "weathers" so that it creates a nice scale road & blends in with the rock a little better after it sits in the weather a while. aquarium gravel makes good scale road medium too.