Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: What happened to the G6? Axialfest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What happened to the G6? Axialfest?

Good job mods

FWIW, I could write a novel about this Parker character but ill try'n sum it up with a pic..

My oldest, Axialfest 2012:

Last edited by frdtrkguy; 07-31-2013 at 01:17 PM.
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

While I can understand most guy's frustrations with reading about issues with their beloved events, it is never in the good interest of the event organizers or a business owner to completely dismiss the concerns of a customer. When a business starts to ignore it's customers requests, that business will quickly fade away.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Jeremy,
I agree that it is up to the company to not only promote but to bring forth a product that the masses, i.e. customers, will want to attend and spend their hard earned money on.
The issue with this situation is that the masses are happy with the product, and it is a small minority that seems to have a problem with the product. Some people have the ability to understand that we are all out there to have fun, and if everything goes well, maybe we win.
I have been on both sides, as a participant, as well as helping Parker at this years Axialfest. What I can tell you is that as much as I enjoy every G6 that I have driven in, I had more fun at Axialfest watching everyone, from child to adult leave that starting line with a smile on their face.
That is what it was all about, the friendships, and adventure that makes a G6 a G6.

And take it for what it is worth, I did not get a RTR truck my efforts, I was there as a volunteer, and nothing more.

TREE
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
While I can understand most guy's frustrations with reading about issues with their beloved events, it is never in the good interest of the event organizers or a business owner to completely dismiss the concerns of a customer. When a business starts to ignore it's customers requests, that business will quickly fade away.
While this is true in many cases, my years of customer service/event organization have taught me that some people are just bad apples and should be ignored when out of line and/or eliminated for the betterment of said business and other paying customers.
thisdougsforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

its funny the ones complaining hide behind fake screen names,vulgeroth,dozle,and run there mouth,beeter get back in the yard for a team huddle and come up with a new screen name to trash some else next, (CLOWNS)
THE ROOKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE View Post
Jeremy,
The issue with this situation is that the masses are happy with the product, and it is a small minority that seems to have a problem with the product.
I wasn't necessarily talking about this event. However, I am a firm believer that even the minority customers still deserve to have their opinions heard and not dismissed.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Can someone tell me what G6 means or stands for, and point me in the direct of the rules for this?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Can someone tell me what G6 means or stands for, and point me in the direct of the rules for this?
Here ya go

2013 RECON G6 Challenge Guidelines and Rules
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

I'd like to chime in on one of the accusations thrown out by these guys.

Concerning Parker's 2 trips & B-Rad's & Rosa's trip this year to Hawaii. We, members of the 808 G6 Ohana held fundraisers to off set their travel costs. In 2012, 2 people split Parkers airfare. 2013, over $1500 was donated by multiple G6'rs.

Now I don't what the G-fees go to, but I know they are NOT for a Hawaiian vacation.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Oh, one more thing. I also did not win a prize.

Was I disappointed? A little, sure.

Will I ever go back? Each & every year.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

im like brian when I roll out of bed each morning I can feel the edrinuline rush, roaring through my vanes ,man its a natural high,i call it the legal drug addiction,some have it and some don't,ive only been in the g6 event theature for this year but never once have I gone their expecting to get or win anything,you go to events for fun,i know first hand how hard it is to throw good events for people like you and me to enjoy,its a lot of work,so when I read or hear of a fellow club president taking flak for putting on an event for everyone to enjoy I get a little pissed off,but more so disappointed,if it wasn't for RECON G6 and the other scaler clubs we wouldn't have shit,and we would be sitting at home with our thumbs shoved way up our.......!So please take a check and think things threw before you go on a world wide website and create drama,that unless you have a club of your own or you run and promote events that gives you the experience to have a legit bitch,THANK YOU
crawler66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ROOKIE View Post
its funny the ones complaining hide behind fake screen names,vulgeroth,dozle,and run there mouth,beeter get back in the yard for a team huddle and come up with a new screen name to trash some else next, (CLOWNS)

Mike Cristoni 8132 Buttonwood way Citrus Heights CA. 95621 I aint hiding behind shit mother ****er I drive a BPC with an orange Honcho Body 5'7" mustache and goti talk shit to me and test me at the next G6 but I suggest practice falling down a few times first!!!

Rivas your McDonalds example is a ****ing joke when all 4 of you sat down at the table to play your monopoly you all had a fair chance at a random drawing WICH EVERY 3rd the number at Axialfest AND RANDOM ARNT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME. my Bitch is I didn't get WHAT AXIAL SAID I WOULD GET WHEN I PRE REGISTERED my only bitch about the raffle is everyone should have been included ALL YOU LAME ASS REPRESENTATIVES FOR AXIAL WERE BEATING AROUND THE BUSH. WHEN I GO TO MCDONALDS AND PAY FOR A QUARTER POUNDER I EXPECT A QUARTER POUNDER WHAT I PAID FOR. ALL I WANTED WAS WHAT I WAS ****ING TOLD I WAS GUNNA GET. you went to McDonalds cause you were hungry I went to Axialfest to have fun unfortunately Rivas and Pecker ****ed that up for me and our 4 camps

PS RIVAS I WILL TALK TO YOU FACE TO FACE ABOUT THE IM A G6 WANNABE AT THE NEXT G6

Also looks like everyone that is talking positive about this whole incident are Pecker's friends or NOOBS just getting in the hobby and just don't know how much of a piece of shit Pecker is yet

I really feel bad about these posts cause me and Rodney of axial had worked it out. He more than took care of me and I was very content then I start reading the forums. I'm a G6 wannabe, a 5 year old stomping my feet, hiding behind my screen name last I checked I was the one with the balls to confront Pecker in front of everyone didn't give a ****!!!

Rodney of Axial I'm sorry and if you want I'll mail every thing you sent me back just send me an email and let me know. I could't control my Italian temper. Sorry!!!

think everyone needs to re read Vulgeroth's first post. we did pre reg and we both feel everyone should have been included in the raffle wich lessened our chance of winning a raffle prize everyone saying he wasn't happy he didn't win more than he paid or he was uppset with the cost not the case re-read. Im thinking all you shit talkers rode the little yellow bus to school??? cause you all way missed the point here
Dozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

:l mao::lma o: :l mao:Im your huckleberry, you would love comin out crawlin at the lake its awesome , don't do much scalen but it seems pretty cool,you should make it out sunday,Folsom is not to far from ya. good gates good food and people and I can even take for a little boat ride
Old 07-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #74
Rock Stacker

I am new to the hobby, and have not had the chance to run in an event like this, mainly because I live in SE Michigan and there are not events like this all that close to me. I would absolutely pay $25 bucks to run in an event like this, with or without prizes. That being said, I think the original point to this thread was that the people who did not pre-reg simply didn't know that they were not eligible for the raffle, and therefore sat and waited through it. I think the whole thing would be simply to make it known in the event advertising that you need to pre-reg in order to be eligible. Something as simple as "Pre-register to be eligible for free swag and raffle opportunities." Maybe it would also encourage pre-registering and help event planners have a better idea of the number of people who plan to attend. Also, then the people who didn't pre-reg would know ahead of time that they are not in the raffle, and therefore have no place being disappointed when they don't get free swag. I have no intention of talking about allegations made against event planners, as I was not there, and do not know the people involved. Just what I got out of the series of posts here.

Last edited by mszymanski25; 07-31-2013 at 06:20 PM.
mszymanski25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozle View Post
Mike Cristoni 8132 Buttonwood way Citrus Heights CA. 95621 I aint hiding behind shit mother ****er I drive a BPC with an orange Honcho Body 5'7" mustache and goti talk shit to me and test me at the next G6 but I suggest practice falling down a few times first!!!

Rivas your McDonalds example is a ****ing joke when all 4 of you sat down at the table to play your monopoly you all had a fair chance at a random drawing WICH EVERY 3rd the number at Axialfest AND RANDOM ARNT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME. my Bitch is I didn't get WHAT AXIAL SAID I WOULD GET WHEN I PRE REGISTERED my only bitch about the raffle is everyone should have been included ALL YOU LAME ASS REPRESENTATIVES FOR AXIAL WERE BEATING AROUND THE BUSH. WHEN I GO TO MCDONALDS AND PAY FOR A QUARTER POUNDER I EXPECT A QUARTER POUNDER WHAT I PAID FOR. ALL I WANTED WAS WHAT I WAS ****ING TOLD I WAS GUNNA GET. you went to McDonalds cause you were hungry I went to Axialfest to have fun unfortunately Rivas and Pecker ****ed that up for me and our 4 camps

PS RIVAS I WILL TALK TO YOU FACE TO FACE ABOUT THE IM A G6 WANNABE AT THE NEXT G6

Also looks like everyone that is talking positive about this whole incident are Pecker's friends or NOOBS just getting in the hobby and just don't know how much of a piece of shit Pecker is yet

I really feel bad about these posts cause me and Rodney of axial had worked it out. He more than took care of me and I was very content then I start reading the forums. I'm a G6 wannabe, a 5 year old stomping my feet, hiding behind my screen name last I checked I was the one with the balls to confront Pecker in front of everyone didn't give a ****!!!

Rodney of Axial I'm sorry and if you want I'll mail every thing you sent me back just send me an email and let me know. I could't control my Italian temper. Sorry!!!

think everyone needs to re read Vulgeroth's first post. we did pre reg and we both feel everyone should have been included in the raffle wich lessened our chance of winning a raffle prize everyone saying he wasn't happy he didn't win more than he paid or he was uppset with the cost not the case re-read. Im thinking all you shit talkers rode the little yellow bus to school??? cause you all way missed the point here
Ummm, WOW.

I am Parker's friend and I had a good time. Sorry.

Did I meet you at Axialfest? I don't remember seeing anybody with your kind of anger issues all weekend. All I remember is everyone having fun, hanging out and driving. Was it a bit disorganized? Sure. I brought that up with Parker and he admitted that they were all a bit over their heads with the amount of registered drivers.

All I have left to say is: until you can do better, please stop screaming at everyone.

Thanks for listening. Tim.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

I went to axialfest with no car just watched,everything was very busy,but everyone was having fun,its hard to knock one of the innovators of our sport,The quality of the comp is still there we as hobbiest have raised the bar so high that anything but epic is a failure,but what do I know im just a ROOKIE
Old 07-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

2 more days till the next RECON G6! Can't wait to see old friends and meet a NEW ONE!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #78
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozle View Post

Wow man, I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Axialfest. I too am a friend of Parker and have known him for a long time. I'm not one of his best buddies, one of his close friends or someone who kisses @**. I'm a guy who likes to enjoy the comradery of fellow enthusiasts. I see Parker once a year if I'm lucky. I consider him a friend and from what I know of him, he is a stand up guy.

What you experienced can only be told by you through your eyes, you are entitled to your opinion. However, I don't think calling people out on a forum and accusing the organizers of conspiring to only hand out the goodies to a select few are warranted. I'd like to share something that will hopefully calm you down a bit.

Camping next to us was a gentleman who drove out from Idaho with his daughter to attend Axialfest. They do not know Parker and I don't even think the either of them have a screen name here on RCC. Axialfest was their first event ever. They came to have fun and see what it was all about. During the raffle, he won the Dana 44 diff covers and his daughter I think won a kit. Again, very first time at a major event and unknown to the crawling world. So how is it that the raffle was fixed?

You have your opinion about the whole event and others have theirs. Voicing it is one thing but voicing it with anger and calling people out in a threatening manner is childish and should be kept to your self. I'm not sure if I met you there or crawling somewhere else in the past but since you are in the Sacramento area I'm sure I will meet you some day. I hope you are a nicer person face to face than you appear here on RCC.

Last edited by chino63; 07-31-2013 at 08:24 PM.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

This took me all of 30 seconds to dig up. Same page as this thread, first.

2013-axialfest-registration-now-open

Right there in post #10
Axial Racing - AXIALFEST 2013 – ENTRY PRIZES

Wala!!!! Pre-registration incentive.

Don't EVER say it was not know.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

I dont care what the entrance fee is or if I won prizes or not. I just wish we had a G6 in Australia

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
trukkracea is offline   Reply With Quote

What happened to the G6? Axialfest? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help for Axialfest!!! mud digger Electronics 10 06-18-2013 10:49 PM
Axialfest 2013? BentMetaL General Scale Talk 2 05-19-2013 02:17 PM
Axialfest: Does not look like a bust to me The Violator Chit Chat 18 06-27-2012 11:41 PM