Notices

Thread: 2007 R/C X-Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #161
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Well the pallet is sold... I just could not make it up there last night. But I am still going to see what they have for rock, and pick up a truck load. Might not get a full pallet like that, but I should get a good pile at least still.

If I'd live a bit closer or wasn't tied up the rest of this week, I have about a ton or two laying here you guys could have took, or I could have at least met you in baldwin or something with them.... E.C. is a bit too far, but option is open if you guys are really in need.........

I can pitch in a lil $$ too if needed
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #162
Web Wheeling

I went up there today and looked at what they had. I can get rocks like we had last year, a bobcat load for $50. I'll be picking up a load Tomorrow after work, and heading up to the fairgrounds to drop it off and help with the course.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:44 PM   #163
Web Wheeling

Its not a official comp, as we have decided against setting up anything for suppers. The outlook of even having 2 supers show, was looking slim. And if we are not going to run supers, then why count it towards the season?

And on top of that, the over all numbers of people that have commited to attending are low.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #164
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Its not a official comp, as we have decided against setting up anything for suppers. The outlook of even having 2 supers show, was looking slim. And if we are not going to run supers, then why count it towards the season?

And on top of that, the over all numbers of people that have commited to attending are low.
i dont think i would want to eat my supper if it could crawl.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #165
Web Wheeling

they are so super, that the p part of supppper needs to be extended when talking about them
Old 08-31-2007, 12:01 AM   #166
Web Wheeling

Also since we have decided to replace the super class with a scale class at the X games this year. We are asking that you register a scaler if you have one, this requires another $10 entry fee. But Mike Fisk has yet to even break even on this event in the past. And he got us awards for the top 3 spots, in two classes. You will get a frequency tag with each registered truck as well, so if you are not on spektrum, you will need to register your radio frequency if you want to run that channel.

We will let you run the scalers on the scale course if you do not register, but your score will not be turned in at the end of the day.

So as I understand it here are the fee's

$5 gate fee, everyone pays this.
$10 entry fee per crawler, 2.2 comp rig or scaler.

If you bring 3 scalers, you can only enter one for the comp. If you are not using spektrum, and bring multiple trucks, try to keep them on the same channel. When you register a truck, you are given a frequency tag which you must hang on the wall any time you run your truck. You must also check before hand, on the race schedule if your channel will be used in the upcoming races.

The racers have channel priority over us. Even if you are up next during the comp, you will have to wait until your channel is open again. We will go over this as you arrive as well.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:53 AM   #167
Debunking old stereotypes

Sometime between now and 8:20am Mike Fisk will be on 93X's morning show pumping the X-Games
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:56 AM   #168
Web Wheeling

Maybe we should make the howl crawl the meeting, start the meeting at 9am or 10am, hash out business for a hour or so. Then play time after that.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #169
I wanna be Dave

Hey Guys,

You are to be commend for all of your selfless efforts in making this X Games have Crawler representation. This has been your practice threw out MNRCRC history you've always been the responsible parties each and every time.

I would be interested in being part of your committee to explore exposer opportunities at least hear my experiences. I was a member of the late great "Twin Cities Radio Control Car Club" which was one of the pioneer RC car groups nationally(early 80's) and existed up and into the early 90's. It was quite large at one point in time and now nonexistent. Some of what fell apart there could happen here as well as our membership grows at a rapid rate and creates more work. Which it will without question grow.

We are so lucky to have the membership that we have today, there are few clubs nationally that have what we have. Our membership numbers are high and this also includes our crawl site Taylors Falls.

I asked Slugz when he visited us from Crawlerado what he thought of our crawl site, and he was very enthusiastic and impressed. He said "it was one of the best he'd seen" Then there is the exposure and spectator interest that the Falls provides at every comp.

The few of you who have always working hard to create the success of the MNRCRC are currently the only thread that holds us together.

You all now need to try and enjoy the X Games. You have all worked hard to bring RC Crawling to this event again and they should be grateful. I know you will all do what you all do so well, promote our hobby sport and the MNRCRC.

We also need to take time to recognize Troy, who threw out this very busy week was asked and has accepted a Moderator's position on this website RC Crawler.com. This is well deserved national recognition for Troy (freetimecrawler) and his efforts to promote RC Crawling, and to all of us as a club as well.

CONGRATULATIONS TROY!

Have a Great Labor Day and X Games :-P

Thanks again Guys
Stormin'
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #170
Quarry Creeper

so when are we going to start unloading and setting up the course today? i was told there would be a morning load so i waited for a call and have got none. so about when are we going to start hauling stuff? also, troy i am going to pm you my # so you can update me.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #171
Web Wheeling

I don't think any of us will be there until 7 or 8pm tonight... I am sure we will be working on it late into the night. But it will be ready for the X games.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:05 AM   #172
Web Wheeling

Well the course is all setup and it looks great. It was a lot of work hauling the rock up there, and spreading it out. But we had some help with a bobcat, and a big pile of dirt. The course is setup for both the comp rigs and scalers. We even included a mud hole, under a bridge. But you will either have to go to the games to see it, or wait until the event is over and I post up pics

Fisk came and thanked us tonight, and he asked if we heard the ad. He told us he wanted to mention us, along with a bunch of other things such as the mini race track. He had a huge list, but he just couldn't get to it. I am sure that as they kept asking him silly questions, he just wanted to continue with his list of things going on. Then they flash the lights and tell him to wrap it up.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #173
MWRCA'er

How'd it go?
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:16 PM   #174
Web Wheeling

It went pretty good, and we were able to leave our rocks at the fair grounds. We just had to haul the 4 truck loads to the far corner of the fair grounds.

A lot of people were interested in the Axial kit, I think we had more interest in crawling this year then we did last year. I ran several packs through my jeep, and 3 or 4 full packs through the gopher. Kept the charger pretty busy, as I wanted to try to keep a demo of some sort going.

For the comp side of things, the stages were hard, maybe more gates then we needed on a tight course. The results of the top three were as follows.

1st place - Etype R
2nd place - nicklepimp
3rd place - Probeater

I posted a few pics in chit chat, under one of Troys threads. I'll post some up in here later tonight.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #175
Donkey Punch Champion!

Default More pics please...

Hey Guys, looked like fun. I might have to get in on a portable rock section for my basement for the winter? I might store some of these free of charge? We'll talk. Any way, the truck is loaded and I am headed for bed. In the morning I roll for MOAB. Should be fun. I will post pics as I take them. See ya soon...

Ryan
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:36 AM   #176
tjb
Rock Crawler

Course looked great! I will be sure to make it next year for sure.

Great Job!
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:07 AM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Hey Guys, looked like fun. I might have to get in on a portable rock section for my basement for the winter? I might store some of these free of charge? We'll talk. Any way, the truck is loaded and I am headed for bed. In the morning I roll for MOAB. Should be fun. I will post pics as I take them. See ya soon...

Ryan

Ryan,,,,Be safe have a good trip see you when you get back...
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #178
Donkey Punch Champion!

Talking

Well 4 all u web wheelers out there...i am half way 2 MOAB. we r in ogallala nebraska. fun so far.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #179
Web Wheeling

I hear Nebraska is a very exciting state
Old 09-05-2007, 04:17 AM   #180
MWRCA'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Well 4 all u web wheelers out there...i am half way 2 MOAB. we r in ogallala nebraska. fun so far.
I'll be at Ogallala Thursday night staying at the Best Western. Still getting my junk packed.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote