Quote:
Originally Posted by intimadationrc View Post
is 8 square feet 4x4?
8sf is a 2'x4' 2x4=8sf
4'x4' is actually 16sf as in 4'x4'=16'
8'x4' is actually 8x4=32sf
We've got 36sf of foam course.
Division gives me trouble

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 08-29-2007 at 09:39 PM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #143
Web Wheeling

yeah I was not thinking when I bought the fiberglass... Now my frames I made are only 9 square feet, but when you start shaping up from that level, 8 square feet does not even cover half of it....
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:09 PM   #144
Rock Crawler

i was being funny lol i know you multipy lenght x width durrr
intimadationrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:45 PM   #145
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Well I am a idiot... 8 square feet is not the same as 8 feet by 8 feet, so I don't have enough to even cover one of the sections...
Simple mistake, but that definetly changes the price per square.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:58 PM   #146
RCC Addict

Today's update...

Chris and I glued the foam blocks down. We went through 6 tubes of adhesive. 3 of them were donated, the other 3 only cost us about $12. When I last checked it, the adhesive hadn't cured yet. Once it dries, it should be much stronger. Troy and I hauled it down to Jack's buddy in Cannon Falls around 7pm. The guy wasn't there, so we left it in his driveway. Jack says we should have it back tomorrow. I'll pick it up when it's ready. Then Troy and I are planning on making a trip up to Cambridge with the course and a load of rocks. I'm still waiting to hear back from Paul about the dirt, but we've caught wind that there may be an issue with using dirt in that area. We are checking into this further. With our 9x4 course, loose rocks from Troy's complex, loose rocks from Mike, and his plastic rock, and possibly some bridges, we should have enough to put on a decent show. Plus, we still have the scalers' course to dig out. Even if we can't get any dirt, I'm sure we can dig out trenches or whatever in the existing dirt. Mike is bringing a shovel, rake, and hoe. And I'm still trying to make it over to my parents to get their's too. And I'm pretty sure we'll have access to plenty of water.

More updates tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:35 AM   #147
tjb
Rock Crawler

The course is looking great guys! I really wish I could make it. I just finished doing up my new servo mount, and got the thing painted. This would have made a great course to do a shake down run on.

Plus w/ Troy being a Mod now, he could delete all my obscene behavior, and vulgarities, say maybe like rollovers, reverses, and gates! Congrats BTW!

Last edited by tjb; 08-30-2007 at 02:29 AM.
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:11 AM   #148
RCC Addict

Kevin,
Give me a call when you guys are heading to Cambridge (I sent you a PM last week with my phone number). I can help unload stuff if you would like. I also have some loose rock at my house in my basement. I live about 6 miles away.

thanks,
Casey
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #149
Quarry Creeper

when are you guys heading to cambridge? i would like to come help, but i have to mow the lawn once the lawn dries, but have it done by 1:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. so hopefully i can make it if it doesn't conflict with my mowing of the lawn.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #150
Quarry Creeper

OK godanngit , i'm call'n FOUL

Kevin is pre running the course

lools good guys , kevin gimme a call when ya can

there will be 4 in our party , Maddjack , Chace , Brosk(chace's friend) and myself

we are camping and will be up there mid-late friday

Last edited by pro beater; 08-30-2007 at 09:29 AM.
pro beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:05 AM   #151
Quarry Creeper

This is the best one i have found so far http://www.syntheticrocksolutions.com/

here are a couple others

http://www.artificialrockoutlet.com/

http://www.duraliterock.com/

pro beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #152
Web Wheeling

Here is a local place I found yesterday... http://www.themescapesinc.com/services/rock.html
Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #153
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb View Post
The course is looking great guys! I really wish I could make it. I just finished doing up my new servo mount, and got the thing painted. This would have made a great course to do a shake down run on.
Thanks Jay. This course has been a pain in my rear... maybe I shouldn't have sat down after we pounded nails through the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
Kevin,
Give me a call when you guys are heading to Cambridge (I sent you a PM last week with my phone number). I can help unload stuff if you would like. I also have some loose rock at my house in my basement. I live about 6 miles away.

thanks,
Casey
I'll give you a call when we're heading up Casey. I will accept any offer to help preserve my aching back. Yeah, those loose rocks would be great. 6 miles sounds better than making another load from Bloomington.:-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by theTman View Post
when are you guys heading to cambridge? i would like to come help, but i have to mow the lawn once the lawn dries, but have it done by 1:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. so hopefully i can make it if it doesn't conflict with my mowing of the lawn.
We will probably be making at least 2 trips. At least 1 trip in the morning, then 1 in the late afterrnoon/evening. Troy has to be down in the cities at 4:30p to pick up his paycheck. Our schedule for that day kind of revolves around that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro beater View Post
OK godanngit , i'm call'n FOUL

Kevin is pre running the course
Old 08-30-2007, 11:31 AM   #154
Web Wheeling

I will probably head up there after work tomorrow with the rock, as long as it is still there when I go to pick it up tonight.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #155
Quarry Creeper

i may not be able to help with the first trip because i only can mow the lawn if my dad is home and he leaves at 1:00-1:30 and i can't mow it early because it will be wet. if you guys have any idea of when you will be done with your first trip to cambridge and if it is early enough i may be able to help you guys, mow the lawn, and then get picked up to help with the second load.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 PM   #156
RCC Addict

I almost forgot... I was planning on bringing a prototype scoresheet to try out. It's main intent is to identify when someone has reached their 20 points for a gate. It is something I've been working on, but I didn't want to test it during any major comp. With the lower attendance, this would be a great opportunity to try it out.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #157
Quarry Creeper

good news. i should be able to mow my lawn early in the morning because the dew point is so low the grass wont be so wet. i probably will start around 7:00-7:30 and i can take 1 hour or 2 if i have time. so i would like to be notified a.s.a.p. once you know when the first rune will be getting here. you guys can call casey and he has my number so he can call me. i am going see if casey can give me a ride to the fairgrounds in cambridge.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #158
Web Wheeling

Well the pallet is sold... I just could not make it up there last night. But I am still going to see what they have for rock, and pick up a truck load. Might not get a full pallet like that, but I should get a good pile at least still.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:28 PM   #159
RCC Addict

Troy and I are taking of load or loose rocks up right now. If anyone up there wants to meet us there, we'll be there around 8:15pm.

MaddJack says that the guy couldn't spray the course today, but would in the morning. Hopefully they will be done First thing in the morning so it can dry enough to transport. We've got a fair amount of small rocks (enough to make my truck sag)... and we can get more. Mike, how's that 3x3 coming? What about them other rocks? Paul is still working on the dirt.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 PM   #160

Any final decision on whether this will be an official comp or not??? I'd vote for not but that's just because I'm probably not going to be able to make it... :-(

I'll contribute a little $$$ to help offset the cost of materials - just have no idea who to give it to...
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote