Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
could tell the difference immediately and really liked being able to run a softer outer foam on the front without having a lot of tire roll which was a problem with the previous style of foams.
THIS is what I like from my first run with the closed cell inners! . You an actually feel the outer foams when squeezing the tires.
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

One video of the foams running Khaos-Rovers (almost 2 year old tires).
Soft outers up front and medium inners out back. Closed cell narrow inners all around. 5.5" setup
1 inch wide wheels.
Truck is 5lbs 4 oz, rtr.

As you all know some of the benefits inlcude reduced bounce, better sidewall support and improved forward traction.

Last edited by Szczerba; 02-29-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
1 inch wide wheels.
Not running the CI wideners anymore?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #24
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
with Medium Outers all the way around. The Medium Outers in the front might be a little too firm for most people, but this is how I prefer to run my setup...and it works
What caused you to try that? And now that you've stayed with it, what do you find for pros and cons?
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Not running the CI wideners anymore?

Not at this time.

Some details here. Post 170 on last page. Was mainly for weight reduction.

Crawler Innovations Khaos-Rover Comp Tire
Old 02-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not at this time.

Some details here. Post 170 on last page. Was mainly for weight reduction.

Crawler Innovations Khaos-Rover Comp Tire
Cool, I have always ran my Khaos on 1" wheels and been happy with the performance, going to try them with the new closed cell inners this weekend.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Cool, I have always ran my Khaos on 1" wheels and been happy with the performance, going to try them with the new closed cell inners this weekend.

you wont be sorry , these foams are so consistent at how they work ...no more hopping once i put these in my tires ....thanks Eddie for another great product
mustangboy_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Question for those guys running weight inside the wheels. Are you channeling the inner foam??
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Question for those guys running weight inside the wheels. Are you channeling the inner foam??
I was, when I ran wheel weight. My hacking job. hopefully tapatalk doesn't oversize this picture.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I was, when I ran wheel weight. My hacking job. hopefully tapatalk doesn't oversize this picture.

Ok, thats what I was wondering, I used to run the Mayhem Ultimate Comp wheels with that large support ring on my old Novas. I used to channel the inner foam to go around the support. I just wasn't sure if I should just leave the foam alone on these or groove them out a bit so the foams can do their job without the weights pushing out on them. Thanks for the advice Shane!!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

You can channel, or you can drill holes like Krawlfreak did in his latest XR10 build.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
You can channel, or you can drill holes like Krawlfreak did in his latest XR10 build.
Funny you should mention that. I was thinking about cutting slots in the foams and stuffing the weights in there! LOL!! The only thing that stopped me from doing that was that I was worried I'd compromise the integrity of the foam.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Funny you should mention that. I was thinking about cutting slots in the foams and stuffing the weights in there! LOL!! The only thing that stopped me from doing that was that I was worried I'd compromise the integrity of the foam.
Don't worry about that, just make sure to drill the holes small enough for a press fit. The slugs are a great idea. I was thinking about picking some up but regular lead weights work well too.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

DH or little harry weights may be an option as well.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
What caused you to try that? And now that you've stayed with it, what do you find for pros and cons?
I like my tires not to grab EVERYTHING or get wrapped around nubs on the rocks. I prefer to be able to pull up on an obstacle and let the truck/tires work. Most of the time they just go, but when it's a tricky climb or something similar where the front is looking for traction I just prefer to let the tires find traction in the direction I need them to go rather than them grabbing and pulling the truck in the wrong direction and usually binding up the steering at the same time.

The new inners helped a lot with this...A LOT, but I still prefer a firmer outer ring. I will say that I will run a Medium outer in the rear to break it in before running it in the front. A "new" Medium outer is too firm for what I'm looking for, but one with a little run time on it works much better.

I ran my rig last night with the skinny Khaos tires with the new inners and a soft outer with a medium outer tuning ring and so far they seem to be working the way I want them to. They're slightly softer than the medium outer by itself.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #36
~THE SCALE SHOP~

what is the actuall width measurement of the narrow and wide inner foams?
and would you recomend the 5.5 or 6.0 for the new 5.75" Iroks?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

It seems the current trend for most is soft front with medium rear.

I'm going to use Sedonas on 1.35" Vanquish SLW wheels and also ahevRovers on 1" SLW's.
The Bully currently weighs 5.8lbs but would be lighter soon. (say 5.5lbs)
Would the soft/firm be correct for both tyre wheel combinations?

Thanks
Rudolf
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
what is the actuall width measurement of the narrow and wide inner foams?
and would you recomend the 5.5 or 6.0 for the new 5.75" Iroks?
Can't exactly recall but I wanna say the narrow is 1.25" and the wide is 1.5".
Do not quote me on that !
I bought some of the 6" setup inners for the 2.2 Two-Face tires but sold the tires before I mounted them up. I am not sure. Eddie can chime in on that setup probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reden View Post
It seems the current trend for most is soft front with medium rear.

I'm going to use Sedonas on 1.35" Vanquish SLW wheels and also ahevRovers on 1" SLW's.
The Bully currently weighs 5.8lbs but would be lighter soon. (say 5.5lbs)
Would the soft/firm be correct for both tyre wheel combinations?

Thanks
Rudolf
My video above shows the soft/med on 1 inch wheels on a 5lbs 4oz truck with Khaos. With no outer tuning rings.

When I ran sedonas, I ran soft up front with a med outer and firm outer tuning ring.

Here is soft front / med with medium outer tuning rings in rear on a 5lbs 2oz clapped rover sportsman. Closed cell inners, of course.
ARCC SZCZERBA SPORTSMAN COURSE 1 - YouTube

I would say start with the soft front and med rear and get a few pairs of medium and firm outer tuning rings to adjust to your liking.
I like a soft front outer foam on all my rigs. and med-firm rear tire setup. That is just me.
The firm outer foams are pretty firm (not the tuning rings). But I do have some in my foam arsenal though.

Last edited by Szczerba; 02-29-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

I recieved my set of 5.5s last week as well....mounted them in ripsaws on a set of mayhem wheels, cant get them to stay seated in the bead, but i will say for an all around speed, crawl, bash rig they did great and dont fold under speed! I cant wait for the 1.9s to come out...and an tips on successfully mounting these would be great!

sent from my damn phone
mudn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudn_1 View Post
I recieved my set of 5.5s last week as well....mounted them in ripsaws on a set of mayhem wheels, cant get them to stay seated in the bead, but i will say for an all around speed, crawl, bash rig they did great and dont fold under speed! I cant wait for the 1.9s to come out...and an tips on successfully mounting these would be great!

sent from my damn phone
I've been using this method and it works great for tough beads and tough foam setups.

-Install the ring and screws to the wheel with tire and foam but only tighten them enough to where the ring and screws don't fall out

*try a little dab of shock oil on your finger and rub it around the tire bead OR bead lock channel

-Set the wheel and tire on a small jar, such as a artichoke heart jar. Whatever you pick out needs to be about the same diameter or smaller of your 2.2 wheel.

-Push down on the tire evenly as it sits on the jar (the jar keeps the wheel in place but the small diameter allows for the tire to stretch down)

This will stretch out your tire but in a downward motion making it easier to seat that bead. It works like a charm with my closed cell inners and my Mayhem Evo beadlocks

*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double Deuce foams for HB Rovers on XR10? Rock Spider Axial XR10 6 06-01-2011 04:49 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM