Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #101
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
Hey Eddie, I finally got some runtime on my closed cell inners and I'm loving the narrow 5.25 inner/soft outer combo with shaved boss claws on a .75" wide wheel.
Awesome news Jake. Thank you for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson View Post
order made thanks eddie
Your order is shipping today USPS Priority Mail. Thank you for your continued business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Nice! Will you have a good assortment at ECC with you? I want to pick up medium 8" outers for my super, 6" closed cells and a set of 6" medium and 6" firm for my scaler. Maybe some 5.5 closed cells as well, so I have extras.

And as lighting fast as your shipping is I would feel more comfortable picking them up there.
I will have some foams in all sizes and densities at ECC. However, I suggest you email me if you have a specific order you want.

I will not have any tires with me at ECC this year. Hot Bodies is still sold out of sedonas and rovers. I have a bunch of khaos and blocks in stock, but nothing for sidewalls.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Awesome news Jake. Thank you for the update.

Your order is shipping today USPS Priority Mail. Thank you for your continued business.

I will have some foams in all sizes and densities at ECC. However, I suggest you email me if you have a specific order you want.

I will not have any tires with me at ECC this year. Hot Bodies is still sold out of sedonas and rovers. I have a bunch of khaos and blocks in stock, but nothing for sidewalls.

Mailed, thanks! And I mistyped in my last one... I meant to say, 'Even as lightening fast as your shipping is', I feel more comfortable getting them from you there. I need the ones for the super for Sunday.

Thanks!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #103
RCC Addict

Ordered a set of 5.5 closed cell foams. Looking forward to it.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Used the 5.25 for the first time this weekend in r local comp and wow is all i can say.these things are amazing.
Thank you CI in helping with my 3rd place finish you guys rock.
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:05 AM   #105
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson
order made thanks eddie

thanks eddie got them today supper fast shipping and they are bad a$$ they seem to hold a side hill great thanks again
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #106

Love the new foams. Now all that is needed is hybrid tires, so I don't have to make myself.
tool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #107
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Basic Foam Starting Recommendations:

All 2.2 Comp trucks & tires;
5 - 6 pounds in weight
Tires 5.5" Tall & Shorter:
5.25 Double Deuce
Soft Outers - Front
Medium Outers - Rear

If your truck is in the four pound range, the 5.0" Double Deuce might be the better size to start with.

2.2 Scale Trucks
7 - 9 pounds in weight
5.5" Tall Tires:
5.5 Double Deuce
Medium Outers Front
Firm Outers Rear

5.75" Tall tires 6 - 8 pounds in weight; (set up more for scale rock crawling)
5.5 Double Deuce + Tuning Rings
Medium Outer Front + Medium Outer tuning ring
Firm Outer Rear + Firm Outer tuning ring

5.75" Tall tires 6 - 8 pounds in weight; (set up more for speed & trail rides)
6.0 Double Deuce / Do NOT use the tuning rings
Medium Outer Front
Firm Outer Rear
Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #108
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Keep the feedback coming everyone. All of it, positive or negative. I have received several complaints about the 5.5 Closed Cells. The complaints being they are too stiff and loss of traction. I had many conversations at the East Coast Championship with customers about this issue. The new 5.5 design is intended more for scalers NOT comp trucks.

The all new 5.25" Double Deuce is the size that will work best in most comp trucks. This was proven over and over again at ECC. Customers that switched from the 5.5's to the 5.25" loved them. Del Monte had the 5.25" Double Deuce in his tires and won the East Coast Championship in 2.2.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Keep the feedback coming everyone. All of it, positive or negative. I have received several complaints about the 5.5 Closed Cells. The complaints being they are too stiff and loss of traction. I had many conversations at the East Coast Championship with customers about this issue. The new 5.5 design is intended more for scalers NOT comp trucks.

The all new 5.25" Double Deuce is the size that will work best in most comp trucks. This was proven over and over again at ECC. Customers that switched from the 5.5's to the 5.25" loved them. Del Monte had the 5.25" Double Deuce in his tires and won the East Coast Championship in 2.2.
Good information on the 5.25" inners.

I'll just note...

If you were not used to a running any type of wheel support the closed cell inners will be a different feel overall. Depending on your outer foam they can feel taller and/or more bouncy.

I am able to run the 5.5" inners all around on my sub 5lbs trucks cause I have been running the closed cell inners the past year and running plastic inner wheel supports before that. So, I am used to that setup. I like a really soft front tire so the 5.5" inners help give me the support. But that is me and each driver has their own setup.
If the current inners 5.5" feel too tall or bouncy in a 2.2 tire setup, just trim them down a knife or some other cutting device. Or choose a softer outer foam setup.

Just my .02

Last edited by Szczerba; 05-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #110

so is the tuning ring another ring that goes around the outside of the outer foam?

i just placed an order last week and i might have been confused that the tuning rings were additional rings and not just the outer ring of the 2stage foam.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
so is the tuning ring another ring that goes around the outside of the outer foam?

i just placed an order last week and i might have been confused that the tuning rings were additional rings and not just the outer ring of the 2stage foam.
Yes, it's an additional ring that gives you just a bit more outer foam if needed.

here is a pic

helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
Yes, it's an additional ring that gives you just a bit more outer foam if needed.
ahhh, now it all makes sense. thanks.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Good information on the 5.25" inners.

I'll just note...

If you were not used to a running any type of wheel support the closed cell inners will be a different feel overall. Depending on your outer foam they can feel taller and/or more bouncy.

I am able to run the 5.5" inners all around on my sub 5lbs trucks cause I have been running the closed cell inners the past year and running plastic inner wheel supports before that. So, I am used to that setup. I like a really soft front tire so the 5.5" inners help give me the support. But that is me and each driver has their own setup.
If the current inners 5.5" feel too tall or bouncy in a 2.2 tire setup, just trim them down a knife or some other cutting device. Or choose a softer outer foam setup.

Just my .02

Just see what you made me do!
I ordered 5 pair of 5.25 foams. 3 softs and two medium.
Thanks, order just confirmed shipped.
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Where is the best place to put the vent holes in your tires?

Last edited by Vertec; 05-09-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

I wanted to test the closed cell inners instead of just switching over on faith. On strictly climbing ability, they didn't match my previous open cell DD foams. I know now I need to retest with 5.25 inners, but have a concern.

My old foams are in Rovers that have some time on them. The pattern isn't badly worn but still, some break-in must have occurred. My new CC foams are in new Rovers -- I test back to back on the same rock same day. What's the chance that new Rovers are themselves a disadvantage compared to Rovers with some use?
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #116
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
Where is the best place to put the vent holes in your tires?
I punch a small 1/16" hole in three places around the tire tread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
I wanted to test the closed cell inners instead of just switching over on faith. On strictly climbing ability, they didn't match my previous open cell DD foams. I know now I need to retest with 5.25 inners, but have a concern.

My old foams are in Rovers that have some time on them. The pattern isn't badly worn but still, some break-in must have occurred. My new CC foams are in new Rovers -- I test back to back on the same rock same day. What's the chance that new Rovers are themselves a disadvantage compared to Rovers with some use?
Old tires = softer, more bite
New tires = firmer, going to need some break time

Old foams = softer
New foams - firmer, going to need some break time (7 - 10 battery packs)

5.0 & 5.25 - use 5.0 & 5.25 outer (the 5.5 & 6.0 outer does not fit the small inners)

5.5 & 6.0 - use 5.5 & 6.0 outer (you can stretch the smaller outer over the bigger inners, although I have not found a reason to need to)

On a side note, I am liking 5.25 in front and 5.5 in the rear. That seems to be working very consistent for me.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #117
Quarry Creeper

So the 5.25 & 5.5 inner foams are diffeent in size?
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by reden View Post
From memory.

5.25" Inners = ~ 3' 5/8"

5.5" Inners = ~ 3' 3/4"

And the 5.25 and 5.5 outer foams are different sizes as well. So you can't really run a 5.5" outer on a 5.25" inner. And vise versa.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #119
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by reden View Post
Yes.
Each closed cell inner is a different height.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

To experiment with smaller foams, any reason I can't just trim the OD of my 5.5 inners? Then cut apart the outer and snip off a small slice to get it to match the inner.

If I trim both, a little at a time, I could experiment to find what size foam is right for me.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote

*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double Deuce foams for HB Rovers on XR10? Rock Spider Axial XR10 6 06-01-2011 04:49 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM