Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations
Loading

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2020, 07:11 PM   #181
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Scottville
Posts: 3
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Hi I just purchased some 4.50 comp cut lil novas soft front medium rear for my standard pitbull rock beasts. My rig is a bom that's about 8lbs. Can I use these same foams for a set of proline tsl NON xl? Can I just buy the inner since I read on your website they use the same outter?
K22hsct is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #182
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 3
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Trx4 bronco 9llb used for crawling
Proline 1.9 TSL swamper Predator 120mm o/d

Iíve never brought foams before and I havenít a clue which one. The stock foams are a little soft for my liking.
Bigtim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:32 PM   #183
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,491
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtim1 View Post
Trx4 bronco 9llb used for crawling
Proline 1.9 TSL swamper Predator 120mm o/d

Iíve never brought foams before and I havenít a clue which one. The stock foams are a little soft for my liking.

RTR weight?
Intended usage?



YouTube video explaining the foam system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN18x-Sqb8Q


CI website Foam Calculator:
https://www.crawlerinnovations.com/foam-calculator/


CI Foam Guide:

https://www.crawlerinnovations.com/foam-guide/


Use discount code;
iamworthy
For 11% off your order.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #184
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 3
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
RTR weight?
Intended usage?



YouTube video explaining the foam system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN18x-Sqb8Q




CI website Foam Calculator:
https://www.crawlerinnovations.com/foam-calculator/


CI Foam Guide:

https://www.crawlerinnovations.com/foam-guide/


Use discount code;
iamworthy
For 11% off your order.
90% rock crawling 10% trail
Rig weight is just over 9 pound
Bigtim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:51 PM   #185
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,491
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtim1 View Post
90% rock crawling 10% trail
Rig weight is just over 9 pound

Did you try the calculator at all? Do you have any feedback?



How about the guide?


Sigh...
CWR-2334 front
CWR-2335 rear

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 06-14-2020 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spell check
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #186
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 3
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Did you try the calculator at all? Do you have any feedback?



How about the guide?


Sigh...
CWR-2334 front
CWR-2335 rear
Itís the sizing Iím getting confused with cause the tires are 4.75 but when Iíve read some reviews people are using 4.5 size foams. Sorry to Be long winded.
Bigtim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:47 PM   #187
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,491
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtim1 View Post
Itís the sizing Iím getting confused with cause the tires are 4.75 but when Iíve read some reviews people are using 4.5 size foams. Sorry to Be long winded.

I appreciate your feedback.
What do YOU need the calculator to tell YOU so YOU will feel confident to order?


With 11 years and counting in business, there is PLENTY of information about our product lines from other customers.
Why do I need to speak on the product line when customers do it so much better?
And you prove my point, that people don't truly care about the designers thoughts or recommendation, they ultimately do what they want or what their friend told them to buy. Hence the reason why Crawler Innovations has nearly 200 different foam offerings.


You may not like my blunt expression, but life is short and time is precious.
If I take 25 minutes to answer every customer with parental type care, I will no longer be productive.


None of this is personal and I hope you take no offense.
Have a great day, and thank you for the opportunity to dialogue.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:08 AM   #188
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 33
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Hi.
Two possibilities;
4.50" = More tire forward bite/squish

CWR-2025 front
CWR-2026 rear


-OR-



4.75" = Less tire forward bite/squish
P/N;
CWR-2034 front
CWR-2035 rear


Optional Tuning aid:

CWR-3015 (one disc on the outside of each foam for added support)



Use discount code;
iamworthy
For 11% off your order.



Thank you for your interest in CI products.
Hey man, sorry to bring this back up.
I went to a Hobbytown USA that had an indoor crawler course and found pretty quickly the limitations of the factory Canyon tires and picked up a set of the Proline Hyrax in G8 compound.

They look to be a little taller so I was thinking I should up to the 4.75 + the tuning discs. Do you agree or have other suggestions?
Hoss81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:23 AM   #189
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,491
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss81 View Post
Hey man, sorry to bring this back up.
I went to a Hobbytown USA that had an indoor crawler course and found pretty quickly the limitations of the factory Canyon tires and picked up a set of the Proline Hyrax in G8 compound.

They look to be a little taller so I was thinking I should up to the 4.75 + the tuning discs. Do you agree or have other suggestions?



RTR weight?
Intended usage?
Again, this comes down to the users personal preference and how they want their tire to feel and perform.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 04:56 PM   #190
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 33
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
RTR weight?
Intended usage?
Again, this comes down to the users personal preference and how they want their tire to feel and perform.
I used the calculator, sorry to bother you.
Hoss81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:06 PM   #191
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,491
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss81 View Post
I used the calculator, sorry to bother you.

Did the calculator work for you? I have been informed by a few people where it did not work on the device they were viewing/using it on. And you're not a bother. Thank you for your business.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:31 AM   #192
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 33
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Did the calculator work for you? I have been informed by a few people where it did not work on the device they were viewing/using it on. And you're not a bother. Thank you for your business.
Yeah, I'm using a desktop PC in Chrome and it worked for me fine.
Hoss81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:56 AM   #193
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Saco
Posts: 9
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

So cut to the chase, Capra is close to stock with a little weight up front.
Got net Rock Beast XL and the stock foams seem rock hard.
Can someone suggest a better foam that will work with the XLs?

Thank You.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
z381472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:24 PM   #194
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,491
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by z381472 View Post
So cut to the chase, Capra is close to stock with a little weight up front.
Got net Rock Beast XL and the stock foams seem rock hard.
Can someone suggest a better foam that will work with the XLs?

Thank You.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Depending on RTR weight and intended usage, the average stock crawler would use CWR-2024 front and CWR-2025 rear. 4.50" Lil Novas
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 103 02-24-2020 01:01 PM
*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 295 10-26-2018 10:55 AM
*_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 14 05-22-2014 06:13 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com