Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #121
I joined the Band!

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Nemo what density did you get? soft/med/firm?
Soft, Its a very light truck. Went to comp today and going to put Pitbulls on and get rid of these Trapawhores.
Cpt Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Got my foams today, thanks CI for fast shipping and awesome foams.
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #123
Rock Crawler

just ordered some meds for my 12 lbs xj
jdmguy760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

just ordered my 4.75t med for my 1.9 10lb scx10..on new proline tsl's xl
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #125
Quarry Creeper

mediums ordered but not shipped yet? usually get shipped next day. order 4201. when will it ship?
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #126
RCC Addict

Got my lil Novas 4.50 yesterday Eddie. And thanks for the info on the size for the XL TSL's and for the fast shipping. Already mounted up on some OMF's with no issues. I'll definitely will be ordering F/R sets for my wraith.

Last edited by muddywaters; 07-24-2013 at 11:16 PM.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #127
Rock Crawler

Eddie, I screwed up and ordered 4.75 for Baja Claws on an 7.5-8lb rig. Any way I can mod the inner to work?

Also are the outers all the same size besides firmness? I might have to just order inners if posible. But I would like to go ahead and mod them if I can?????? Thanks bro
Mighty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #128
Quarry Creeper

So what would u suggest running for my 1.9 wraith it weighs about 7.5 lbs and has 11.25" WB I'm running a panhard with cms up front and 4 link in the rear right now it has 1.9 rc4wd mud thrasher tires and the foams they came with on gmade vr01 beadlock wheels the 1" width should b fine but my tires only have about 3.85" OD and are about 1.5" W what do y suggest I get here are some pics for reference of my rig

ssdub33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #129
Pebble Pounder

i need foams for my SCX10 which i use for a mix of trailing and crawling , with a bigger priority on crawling , at the moment it weights 6.23 pounds but i still plan on adding steel sliders and front and rear bumpers . The tires are 4.19" baja claws and with the stock foams i have serious lack of sidewall stiffness .

what density do you recommend ?

thanks !

Last edited by atf300; 08-17-2013 at 03:33 PM.
atf300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #130
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdub33 View Post
So what would u suggest running for my 1.9 wraith it weighs about 7.5 lbs and has 11.25" WB I'm running a panhard with cms up front and 4 link in the rear right now it has 1.9 rc4wd mud thrasher tires and the foams they came with on gmade vr01 beadlock wheels the 1" width should b fine but my tires only have about 3.85" OD and are about 1.5" W what do y suggest I get here are some pics for reference of my rig

I do not make a foam that short. Sorry. The public demand has been for bigger tires and foams for them.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #131
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf300 View Post
i need foams for my SCX10 which i use for a mix of trailing and crawling , with a bigger priority on crawling , at the moment it weights 6.23 pounds but i still plan on adding steel sliders and front and rear bumpers . The tires are 4.19" baja claws and with the stock foams i have serious lack of sidewall stiffness .

what density do you recommend ?

thanks !
See above post...
Old 08-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #132
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
See above post...
wouldn't the smallest 4.20" foam work? no love for class 1 ?
atf300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #133
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf300 View Post
wouldn't the smallest 4.20" foam work? no love for class 1 ?
No, the 4.25" Lil' Nova barely fits into the original Proline 1.9 TSL.

And you are correct, there has been no love for the SORRCA Class 1 because they haven't asked for it or showed an interest in. I have found that most scale rc'ers mostly bash and cant' see the benefit of buying proper foams. It's rather unfortunate, because tire foams (aka tunable tire pressure) is the cheapest and largest single improvement you can make for better performance.

I will create a single stage closed cell foam for class 1 before I make a dual stage. That is why the 1.55 foam has been dragged out for so long and why I haven't made a new outer die for the size. 2.2 is still the predominate seller followed by tall 1.9's. I have to follow the money in order to progress the sport. I personally love the 1.9 and 1.55 scale and feel they are the true builder and driver size.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #134
Pebble Pounder

I've been doing some research and found in this thread someone that has a similar setup as myself but I do have a question. My rig is roughly 8 lbs running Proline TSL's (original size ones) with a 1" wide rim.

You recommended the following setup for the other person, but they were running a .75" wide rim.

4.25T Lil' Nova Dual Stage Foam
Medium Outer - Front; Narrow the outer to 1.75" width
Firm Outer - Rear; Narrow the outer to 1.75" width

My question is do you recommend trimming the width because of the tire width or because of the narrow rim?

Thanks,
-Jon
trombley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #135
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trombley2 View Post
I've been doing some research and found in this thread someone that has a similar setup as myself but I do have a question. My rig is roughly 8 lbs running Proline TSL's (original size ones) with a 1" wide rim.

You recommended the following setup for the other person, but they were running a .75" wide rim.

4.25T Lil' Nova Dual Stage Foam
Medium Outer - Front; Narrow the outer to 1.75" width
Firm Outer - Rear; Narrow the outer to 1.75" width

My question is do you recommend trimming the width because of the tire width or because of the narrow rim?

Thanks,
-Jon
I too have the 1.9 Proline TSL tires and put some CI 4.25 lil' Nova dual stage foams in them. My rig is heavy and those tires are so soft. I have a firm in the rear and medium up front. I probably did what most vendors don't want to hear; modified. I used my dremel with a sander and made a notch for some weights on the inner side of the inside ring. Then I rounded down the outer corners of the fronts. The rears I left alone. The inner firm ring was my focus of adjustment. The result is that my tires have that semi-low psi appearance(AWESOME GRIP), but not too much give. And now I have great side-hilling abilities with no tire roll. I'll try to post a photo soon to my thread in Andy's 1.9 Jimmy.

Andy
I.D.10.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #136
Quarry Creeper

I was wondering what you think is best for a 7.5 lb rig running Mickey Thompson 1.9 Baja Claw TTC (4.75" outer diameter) on axial beadlocks with wheel weight rings installed.
Cultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #137
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.D.10.T View Post
I too have the 1.9 Proline TSL tires and put some CI 4.25 lil' Nova dual stage foams in them. My rig is heavy and those tires are so soft. I have a firm in the rear and medium up front. I probably did what most vendors don't want to hear; modified. I used my dremel with a sander and made a notch for some weights on the inner side of the inside ring. Then I rounded down the outer corners of the fronts. The rears I left alone. The inner firm ring was my focus of adjustment. The result is that my tires have that semi-low psi appearance(AWESOME GRIP), but not too much give. And now I have great side-hilling abilities with no tire roll. I'll try to post a photo soon to my thread in Andy's 1.9 Jimmy.

Andy
That doesn't bother me. I wish more people would experiment with the foams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
I was wondering what you think is best for a 7.5 lb rig running Mickey Thompson 1.9 Baja Claw TTC (4.75" outer diameter) on axial beadlocks with wheel weight rings installed.

4.50" Lil Nova
Med front
Firm rear

You will have to trim the foams to clear the weights. Don't stretch them or you will increase the outside diameter and change the performance. Also be sure to vent your tire.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #138
Quarry Creeper

trimming the foams to fit over the weight rings will be a pain, they stick up pretty high.
Gravebane525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #139
Rock Crawler

I have a 10lb rig with 1.9 treps and stock axial 8 hole rims. My tires always look flat and if I let it sit for any amount of time it gets flat spots. What foams would you recommend?
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #140
I joined the Band!

Have an SCX-10 right at 6 lb, want foams for 4.75 tall soft Trepadors and or soft Baja claws. I was thinking soft foams in front med in back, sound about right? where can I buy em for the $10.95 stated on first page, any link to that. thanks
Asterix2mf is offline   Reply With Quote

*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 103 02-24-2020 01:01 PM
*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 295 10-26-2018 10:55 AM
*_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 14 05-22-2014 06:13 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM