Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 02:51 AM   #1801
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

I have some trouble w/ my rear motor (XR w/ brood motor)
I add some capacitor on the motor, but glitch is still here...

and I have some trouble w/ my servo, can't have the ful travel even w/ EPA to 120....
dude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #1802
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get A Hobby View Post
They are r2104gf & yes I have tried recalibrate still same prob?
Just an outside chance, start a new model and reprogram everything. Not sure what you have going on.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #1803
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude26 View Post

and I have some trouble w/ my servo, can't have the ful travel even w/ EPA to 120....
Make sure your power is away from the antenna.

Servos don't go full physical travel, it's not in their design.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #1804
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude26 View Post

Full travel on the servo (most are 90* stock) or full travel on the steering? If you mean steering, a longer servo arm may help but will also drop torque to the wheels.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #1805
Rock Crawler

thanks for your answer

Harley, do you mean motor or ESC when you say "power"

for the servo, I'm using 7980 programmed by HP21+ so I have 180° on the paper
and I can't use a longer servo arm cause I made the Egressor mod on the steering...

the servo don't go full travel and the steering don't go as far as it possible

but except this I'm really really happy w/ my 4PL

sorry if my english is not clear
dude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:01 AM   #1806
Quarry Creeper

Hi, just a quick question. I have set my 4PL failsafe, but it's only out just 75, I have saw somewhere and it can out 100.

Just wondering if how I set the failsafe is right or not...so i hold + and -, then simultanously give throttle to the brake side, is that correct?
deephis46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #1807
Rock Crawler

Quick question,
Got my 4PL set up for 4WS following Harley's video and it works great, the only thing I need to know is can the order be changed up on what happens when I hit the button?
Starts out in FS only, click once it goes to crab walk,click again and you get 4WS, click again and then rear steer only.
I would like to change the order in which these come up. 1st front steer only,2nd 4WS, 3rd rear steer only and 4th crab walk.
Is that possable?
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #1808
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post
Quick question,
Got my 4PL set up for 4WS following Harley's video and it works great, the only thing I need to know is can the order be changed up on what happens when I hit the button?
Starts out in FS only, click once it goes to crab walk,click again and you get 4WS, click again and then rear steer only.
I would like to change the order in which these come up. 1st front steer only,2nd 4WS, 3rd rear steer only and 4th crab walk.
Is that possable?
Not really, although you can reverse the rear steer to trick the direction on crab vs opposite.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #1809
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtus420 View Post
Thanks buddy, just watched the basic vid and mine shows dt in the advanced menu which is the same as yours so looks like b102 is confirmed updated. PS, thanks for not flaming me for being so damn lazy
I have just picked up a 4PL and it has a serial no of B10200249 and it looks like it hasn't been updated.
Udlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #1810

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrsg View Post
I see HK-3000 3ch 2.4ghz FHSS RX at HobbyKing store.
link.........HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : HK-3000 3ch 2.4ghz FHSS RX suit the HK310 Transmitter
Does anyone know if this would bind with a futaba 4pl since it uses the same fhss technology?
Any comment please.....thanks
vrsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #1811

Another question,thank for information that Futaba R2106GF is compatible with 4PL. It"s a cheap small air receiver, for in door flying. How to connect channels , channel 1 for steering and 2 for esc , the same as surface receiver?.........thanks
vrsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #1812
RCC Addict

Quote:
Another question,thank for information that Futaba R2106GF is compatible with 4PL. It"s a cheap small air receiver, for in door flying. How to connect channels , channel 1 for steering and 2 for esc , the same as surface receiver?.........thanks
Yes, same as surface radio.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #1813
I wanna be Dave

Why not just set one of your Dt buttons to 3 positon,assign a channel for it,plug your rear steer servo into that channel set you endpoints and your done. You will have total control of the steering and can make it do anything you want with one switch. I use one of the lower switches above the throttle. One is my winch the other is my rear steer, you set the winch and steering servo up exactly the same other than end points.

No need to reverse order since you have total control over which way the rear wheel turns with that 3 pos switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by transambill View Post
Quick question,
Is that possable?
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #1814
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Why not just set one of your Dt buttons to 3 positon,assign a channel for it,plug your rear steer servo into that channel set you endpoints and your done. You will have total control of the steering and can make it do anything you want with one switch. I use one of the lower switches above the throttle. One is my winch the other is my rear steer, you set the winch and steering servo up exactly the same other than end points.

No need to reverse order since you have total control over which way the rear wheel turns with that 3 pos switch
That's not bad on a super, but even then a 3 position is a lacking setup. An independent control setup is nice to have 3-5 steps each way. An easily adjusted proportional control rear steer setup is a great setup in a 4WS scaler. The reason is at speed you can still take advantage of the setup. With a full independent setup you can get yourself in a ton of trouble at full throttle. And independent is pretty much useless for hill climbs and such.

Last edited by Harley; 02-04-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #1815
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, I forgot to add you can add the steps into the set up. I guess it works well for me under all conditions since I used to drive supers and am very comfortable in any situation with this set-up.

Thats the nice thing about the 4pl, it is so versital for all users
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #1816
Quarry Creeper

Is there any way to make it so that if you have 2 trucks on that are bound to your radio, that both trucks dont do the exact same thing. Heres and example. i can leave on of my scale trucks on and turn anohter one on and when i go to drive it they both go. I thought that if a friend and i had bound are radios to eachothers trucks so we could switch trucks that it shouldnt do that right?(they both dont just follow one radio).
I hope that all made sense, so i gess my question is can you make it so only the modle that is bound to the truck can run it?
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #1817
RCC Addict

Nope, unlike Spektrum who has model recognition Futaba doesn't. You can bind several models (RXs) on one 4PL model selection and send signals to all but not to a model bound to another TX.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #1818
RCC Addict

Quote:
I see HK-3000 3ch 2.4ghz FHSS RX at HobbyKing store.
link.........HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : HK-3000 3ch 2.4ghz FHSS RX suit the HK310 Transmitter
Does anyone know if this would bind with a futaba 4pl since it uses the same fhss technology?
Harley, I know your a futaba guy and probably want to see us using futaba rx's I'm sure but do you know if this will bind? Fred0000 has some of these so I may ask him to try it just to see one of these days. For 15 bucks shipped its a damn good price even if you lose the s-fhss technology. Any thoughts would be great even in the form of a pm, thx Kurt
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #1819
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtus420 View Post
Harley, I know your a futaba guy and probably want to see us using futaba rx's I'm sure but do you know if this will bind? Fred0000 has some of these so I may ask him to try it just to see one of these days. For 15 bucks shipped its a damn good price even if you lose the s-fhss technology. Any thoughts would be great even in the form of a pm, thx Kurt
With actual Futaba RX's only being $30 I have found no reason to make an effort to check into them. The ones for the 4PK were 4ch RX's but the 4th channel didn't work.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #1820
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
With actual Futaba RX's only being $30 I have found no reason to make an effort to check into them. The ones for the 4PK were 4ch RX's but the 4th channel didn't work.
Yeah, that makes sense for sure. If I do try it I'll post up with my findings just for the hell of it cause it wont cost me anything to do it. Isn't the 4pk rx a fasst rx and was it still compatible on an fhss system?? Cheapest I can get the r2004gf is 60 shipped in Canada, were are the 30 dollar units found? Thx for the response man

Edit: Think I found it, is it the r2006gs, r2106gs, r203gf and r204gf rx that works fine for 30ish?, seems like it should as they are s-fhss.

Edit 2: Looks like the r2106gs is the one to get, is the range the same as the 2104gf?

Last edited by kurtus; 02-05-2012 at 01:40 PM.
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM