Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #1901
20K Club

Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrkal View Post
I know, I´ve found it, but I just wanted to verify that it only applies to B010 or B011. So, that all other codes are OK except B010 and B011, if I understood.
Just watch the video. If it looks the same then you don't need the update.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #1902

sorry if this was already covered, how do you adjust the neutral point for the throttle on channel 4 ? my 2nd esc isent arming, im running dual esc mod. thanks
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #1903
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
sorry if this was already covered, how do you adjust the neutral point for the throttle on channel 4 ? my 2nd esc isent arming, im running dual esc mod. thanks
You need to program the throttle position on the ESC first. That most likely your issue. Otherwise you can adjust your sub trims, but the ESC MUST BE SET CORRECTLY.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #1904
20K Club

If anyone is wanting to put a VP 1.9 on their radio (4PK or 4PL) let me know. I banged out a handful of adapters last night. I don't plan on offering these for very long. I was just testing out the mill setup last night. Email me for pricing.

Uses the stock wheel's foam.

2 piece setup.
you have to drill and tap the larger piece. All holes are spotted .050" deep already so there is no guessing. Super easy.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #1905
Quarry Creeper

Quick question on the SW1-PSH push button. Is there a way to make it set the rear bias to 100 on push? I have DL1 set to dial the rear bias back on 2% increments. It would be great to reset it to 100% with a single push.
new2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #1906
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2it View Post
Quick question on the SW1-PSH push button. Is there a way to make it set the rear bias to 100 on push? I have DL1 set to dial the rear bias back on 2% increments. It would be great to reset it to 100% with a single push.
I do not believe so. However I suggest changing your basing to 10% increments. You should never be more then 2 or 3 pushes away from 100% then. There is no reason to adjust by 2%. I have set up 100's of these setups, including most the top drivers in the US.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #1907
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Harley. I have a DT set to 10% increments which is what I use most of the time. Just wanted to see if this was possible.
new2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #1908
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2it View Post
Thanks Harley. I have a DT set to 10% increments which is what I use most of the time. Just wanted to see if this was possible.
You can setup one of your DT's to 100, that may set you back but it may put you to 120%. Give that a shot.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #1909
WAM
Rock Crawler

Harley, a friend thought he had seen a video from you which updated options for MOA button setups. In particular adding a "return to neutral" command for both bias and dig, perhaps on the lower push button.

Mine is still set up with the upper DT 1 & 2 buttons per your early video and I'm thinking that there must be a better way. Like changing to DT 3 & 4 and adding that "cancel" button mentioned above. Strike a chord? Or maybe that was someone else's video.

You mentioned you set up a lot of radios for the top guns. What's their favorite switch layout?
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #1910
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Harley, a friend thought he had seen a video from you which updated options for MOA button setups. In particular adding a "return to neutral" command for both bias and dig, perhaps on the lower push button.

Mine is still set up with the upper DT 1 & 2 buttons per your early video and I'm thinking that there must be a better way. Like changing to DT 3 & 4 and adding that "cancel" button mentioned above. Strike a chord? Or maybe that was someone else's video.

You mentioned you set up a lot of radios for the top guns. What's their favorite switch layout?
Nope, wasn't me and isn't possible. I always suggest the best setups I feel possible and for the most part it is exactly what the top guys use.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #1911
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Nope, wasn't me and isn't possible.
My understanding was he already has it on his 4PL, comped with it yesterday. I'll re-check the details.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #1912
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
My understanding was he already has it on his 4PL, comped with it yesterday. I'll re-check the details.
Boarding and dig are two different functions, each button can only be programmed with one function. The only way he could be somewhat accomplishing it would be to use rear dig via 0% rear biasing. This would mean yet another button for 10% biasing and one more for rear dig control. Not a setup I would use personally or suggest to people.

So unless it's only a return to 100% then I see no possible way. If its just a return then a simple DT set to 2p should work. It's not something I find called for. Rarely do I see any drivers that have been running for very long any further then 2 or 3 clicks off 100% on course.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #1913
Pebble Pounder

Harley, have you had a chance to try out a R204GF-E and a R203GF? I seen a few post on the use of the R203GF but nothing on the R204GF-E. I have looked at the specs for all five receivers: size, voltage operation range, channels and "ms" (???). The only things that stood out from all the specs was that the 204 is the smallest of them all and has an internal antenna, the 2104 is the only one rated for 3.5-8.4V and the others are 4.8-7.4V. I'm getting ready to order my 4PL and would like to order a few more receiver to take advantage of my discount but would like to be able to hear from some one who has actually had a chance to compared them instead of just going on specs alone.
pmadrid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #1914
Quarry Creeper

Im planning to get a Heyok winch controller and would like to know if the 4PL has a 2 position or a 3 position 3rd channel?
natskiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #1915
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmadrid13 View Post
Harley, have you had a chance to try out a R204GF-E and a R203GF? I seen a few post on the use of the R203GF but nothing on the R204GF-E. I have looked at the specs for all five receivers: size, voltage operation range, channels and "ms" (???). The only things that stood out from all the specs was that the 204 is the smallest of them all and has an internal antenna, the 2104 is the only one rated for 3.5-8.4V and the others are 4.8-7.4V. I'm getting ready to order my 4PL and would like to order a few more receiver to take advantage of my discount but would like to be able to hear from some one who has actually had a chance to compared them instead of just going on specs alone.
I really have only bond and tested most of them to work, nothing more really. A RX is a RX for the most part, use what fits. Don't over think it.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #1916
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by natskiboy View Post
Im planning to get a Heyok winch controller and would like to know if the 4PL has a 2 position or a 3 position 3rd channel?
It is covered in this thread on how to program it, see the first post. The 3rd and 4thvchannels can be see to be 2, 3, 5, 10, 20, etc. It works fine for the Hayok controller.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #1917

Thanks to all for your posts on the 4PL.

I just bought one.
NewToThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #1918
I wanna be Dave

Hey Harley, I got a strange issue with my 4PL. At some point recently, my transmitter is powering up with the third channel actuated. In my case, this is for my winch so unless I flip the switch to put Ch 3 in neutral, it'll power up my winch as soon as I power up the truck. But I can't figure out why it's doing this. Maybe you can help a brotha out?

Here's some images that may be helpful...

Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #1919
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Hey Harley, I got a strange issue with my 4PL. At some point recently, my transmitter is powering up with the third channel actuated. In my case, this is for my winch so unless I flip the switch to put Ch 3 in neutral, it'll power up my winch as soon as I power up the truck. But I can't figure out why it's doing this. Maybe you can help a brotha out?

Here's some images that may be helpful...

Check your switch and dial menu. Is anything else programmed to CH3? Specifically the sld1? Flip the slide on the side and see if that does it.

I'm thinking it could be the fail safe. Another simple fix, start a clean model and give it a shot.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #1920
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Check your switch and dial menu. Is anything else programmed to CH3? Specifically the sld1? Flip the slide on the side and see if that does it.

I'm thinking it could be the fail safe. Another simple fix, start a clean model and give it a shot.
Turns out it was sld2 that was also set to Ch3. Not sure how/why that happened, but it's fixed now.

Thanks, man! I hope Futaba realizes how much you help their customers.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM