Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #1881
20K Club

Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCrawler View Post
I have been searching the web and here and maybe I have missed it and I apologize. I put my order in for a 4pl and want to use it for my sc truck and scaler. I really like the lap timer feature and I was wondering if you could do a video on that feature. I have looked at the manual a few times and it looks a little confusing. I watched a video on it with the 3px or whatever radio and it will probably worked like it, which seemed easy. Anyways I appreciate the help.
My time is pinched lately. I have a bunch of other videos I need to do. Since crawlers don't use this function I really haven't ever explored it. I'll see what I can do though.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #1882
Rock Crawler

Harley, here's one for you. I installed the Axial dig on my wraith. Seems to work great but when I want to lock my real wheels I can hear the servo click then no throttle. I have changed it to every DT and switch on the 4PL. With the same results. Is there a setting some where I am missing? The travel on the screen does not move at all, forwards or reverse. I set the DT to 100 per push so it should be like a 3p switch. I also tried it in 2p with the same result
Thanks,
Vince
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #1883
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynmech View Post
Harley, here's one for you. I installed the Axial dig on my wraith. Seems to work great but when I want to lock my real wheels I can hear the servo click then no throttle. I have changed it to every DT and switch on the 4PL. With the same results. Is there a setting some where I am missing? The travel on the screen does not move at all, forwards or reverse. I set the DT to 100 per push so it should be like a 3p switch. I also tried it in 2p with the same result
Thanks,
Vince
Switch to a new fresh model. Sounds like you have another setting active.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #1884
Rock Crawler

Leave it to you to try something I didn't think of. Thanks
Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #1885
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Switch to a new fresh model. Sounds like you have another setting active.
Ok I changed it to a fresh model. I set DT 4 to ch4 and set my end points so the servo won't buzz and burn out. Still having the same issue. The switch goes to D100 and I loose throttle from the display. The truck will not drive, and all the electronics seem to work. I eventually want to run 4WS and the manual states that ch3 is the slave for this function. So changing the model didn't seem to work which tells me the radio is the culprit. Harley can you get me a tech support number I can call?
Thanks,
Vince.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #1886
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynmech View Post
Ok I changed it to a fresh model. I set DT 4 to ch4 and set my end points so the servo won't buzz and burn out. Still having the same issue. The switch goes to D100 and I loose throttle from the display. The truck will not drive, and all the electronics seem to work. I eventually want to run 4WS and the manual states that ch3 is the slave for this function. So changing the model didn't seem to work which tells me the radio is the culprit. Harley can you get me a tech support number I can call?
Thanks,
Vince.

I honestly dont know the number, I've never called it.

It just sounds like you have some mix activated or something. I'm confused as well.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #1887
Rock Crawler

Ok I'll get the info off the web page. I did some more work on the radio. This is what I found out. Chanel 4 when made to have travel to D100 will kill the throttle, regardless of the DT/SW used to get it there. Maybe it's a software glitch. So I changed ch4 to ch3 to run the dig servo. With that the radio will show travel for the throttle with ch3 in all three positions. So it looks like I won't be running rear steering after all. I hope this helps somebody else.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #1888
Quarry Creeper

Just set up my 4pl for the first time. Dual FXRs and CC BEC. Throttle is reversed - forward on the trigger both motors go backward. I reverse the throttle on the radio and only the front motor reverses, not the rear. Can't seem to find a setting to reverse the rear. I know I can flip the motor wires, but is there a way to do it on the radio?
new2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #1889
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2it View Post
Just set up my 4pl for the first time. Dual FXRs and CC BEC. Throttle is reversed - forward on the trigger both motors go backward. I reverse the throttle on the radio and only the front motor reverses, not the rear. Can't seem to find a setting to reverse the rear. I know I can flip the motor wires, but is there a way to do it on the radio?
Reverse the channel your rear motor is on...

Ch 4, reverse.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #1890
Quarry Creeper

That did it. I knew there was a simple answer and I knew you would know it. Thx Harley!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #1891
RCC Addict

Ok, call me a dummy, but my screen goes blank, everything works, but I can't see anything to use the display. Are these super sensitive to sun or heat. I never just leave it in the open sun, I find shade to lay it down, and I always make sure the screen does not sit in direct sunlight. Today I went to practice, it was hot and humid and sure enough my screen was blank. After about 10min in the shade it finally became visible. That remote was never over 88*. I took it from my garage, to my truck, drove 10min to comp spot with ac going, then got out and screen was blank. Is something week in my remote, or is it just super sensitive.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #1892
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Ok, call me a dummy, but my screen goes blank, everything works, but I can't see anything to use the display. Are these super sensitive to sun or heat. I never just leave it in the open sun, I find shade to lay it down, and I always make sure the screen does not sit in direct sunlight. Today I went to practice, it was hot and humid and sure enough my screen was blank. After about 10min in the shade it finally became visible. That remote was never over 88*. I took it from my garage, to my truck, drove 10min to comp spot with ac going, then got out and screen was blank. Is something week in my remote, or is it just super sensitive.
You can turn the contrast up, it's in the system menu I think.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #1893
RCC Addict

You really think its just the contrast, I will turn it up and see if that helps.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #1894
Quarry Creeper

What screen do you leave up while you crawl with the 4pl? I was using the default but found I like the dual ESC screen so I can see where I have the rear bias. Just curious...
Old 05-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #1895
Quarry Creeper

A curious question.
When setting to S-FHSS and "High" speed, will this work with the FXR ESC's?
RX is R2104GF and BLS157HV servo on 7.4V.
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #1896
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by reden View Post
A curious question.
FXR - yes
FXR Pro - No.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #1897
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reden View Post
A curious question.
Yes, it's more for digital servos. The esc is fine in h mode.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #1898

Hello, I bought 4PL with code starts with B10, Have I update my radio to new firmware?
vrkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #1899
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrkal View Post
Hello, I bought 4PL with code starts with B10, Have I update my radio to new firmware?
It's all on Page 1.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #1900

I know, I´ve found it, but I just wanted to verify that it only applies to B010 or B011. So, that all other codes are OK except B010 and B011, if I understood.
vrkal is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM