Thread: FlySky FS-NB4 - ambidextrous pistol grip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2018, 10:31 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: FlySky FS-NB4 - ambidextrous pistol grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I love this thing...

I read FlySky's response to the video - They are updating the number of channels to 18 next year, and coming out with a new smaller receiver option in a couple months!

Battery life - 4 hours on the handle, 10 hours on the base...

And you can charge your phone off the base's USB port.

The receiver it comes with has such a nifty feature, the way the wires all plug in sideways instead of straight down, should make for a lower-profile electronics install.

Anyone want a good deal on a custom modded with a carbon fiber handle/lanyard attachment Futaba 3PV? Never even been powered up?

(just kidding...)

These points would be a selling point for me.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2018, 12:34 PM   #22
RCC Addict

18 channels i just bought a gt5 but if this will be released and updated to 18ch i will need an additional radio no question
And maybe they could then implement the cruise control of the trx-4 traxxas radio

Last edited by magic_yeti; 09-29-2018 at 12:47 PM.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:22 PM   #23
RCC Addict

I watched this video earlier with a lot of interest. My Spektrum DX4S is getting a bit tired now, and with all the long trail driving I do a lighter radio would be good. So far no sellers in the UK, but I can wait. If more channels and smaller rx are coming I could wait for that. Christmas present for myself maybe.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:45 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

4 hours on the handle, 10 hours on the base.

So the second battery are less than 2000 MAH, so if it is a 18650 you could DIY it to a substantial better run time if you could swap it for a 3500 MAH.

Mesa likie
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Anyone worried about dropping it - no worries, FlySky put a nice big loop for lanyard attachments.

Don't know how I missed that the first time I looked at it, as big of a fan of lanyards that I am!

I'm definitely enough of a klutz to need them.

I'm looking at picking one up as soon as possible, even though it may delay me getting a truly-tiny-tired crawler (MST CFX/CMX on 1.55" ) and a 4-Tec to mod as a rallycar.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Hi,
anyone already preordered the Flysky FS-NB4 Noble?
I am hesitating, because they stated, that the RX will only work with the FS-TR4 RX, which is not even available yet seperately - and it will not work with any of the other Flysky transmitters.

Love my 8-ch firmware hacked GT3C, but would also love the Noble.

Latest when they really will release a firmware update which will make it capable to control more, 16, channels, I will buy it.

Why cannot those new TXs be compatible with more RX, … this is a mess (at least with Flysky).

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:45 AM   #27
RCC Addict

I going to wait. No rush for me and they are not available in the UK as far as I know.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Well I bought one. Turned up yesterday and a nice surprise was 2 receivers. The normal FG4R and a FG4Rs which is tiny, about 2/3rd the size of a Spektrum Rx. The finish of the Noble is great, way better then my DX4S. I got so excited I charged the battery up while I was out, came home and installed the Rx's on my K10 Ascender (FG4R), and Twin Hammers (FG4Rs). Set up was easy and the screen is responsive. THe only fiddly part was setting up the shift on the 2 speed trans on the Twin Hammers, but I figured it out eventually.

Will post some pics later.

Last edited by M1tch; 01-06-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:49 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Very excited to hear your impressions, as this is one of the only additional R/C purchases I'm considering this year.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #30
RCC Addict

It's much better quality than I expected, but I haven't seen many Flysky's over here. Compared to the DX4S it's much better. All the buttons and switches have a good feel to them. The arm holding the wheel is about 4 to 5mm thick aluminium and is pretty tight to turn. I will try to get out this week for a run and see how it feels in use.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Well I managed an hour out today as the steering servo in my Twin Hammers gave up for some reason.

The Noble is very comfortable to use. With the base battery off it's also pretty light. The wheel mount can be turned a bit more than 90 degrees as well, so good for smaller hands. An advantage of the left/right hand setup is you can walk along and use either left or right hand to single handed, steering with the thumb. More impressions sometime soon when I get the servo fixed.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:21 AM   #32
RCC Addict

A 2 1/2 hour trail drive and the internal battery was only down to about 50%. The Noble feels a little top heavy without the base battery, but I soon got used to that. Got another 3 receivers now, so will be using them on other trucks. I will get some better photos soon. Oh, the lanyard loop got a spare boot lace installed.

Last edited by M1tch; 01-13-2019 at 03:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:29 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
A 2 1/2 hour trail drive and the internal battery was only down to about 50%. The Noble feels a little top heavy without the base battery, but I soon got used to that. Got another 3 receivers now, so will be using them on other trucks. I will get some better photos soon. Oh, the lanyard loop got a spare boot lace installed.

What receivers can you use with it? Will it work with the older ones?
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Hey M1tch, so do you think you have enough time with this radio to be able to recommend it? Have you come across anything you don't like about it?

I really like my Hacked GT3C radios, but very seldom do I use more than 4 channels.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, help me decide!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Soze. No it wont work with older rx's. I did try, but no go. The only ones it works with are the new FGr4 and FGr4s. They are almost as expensive as Spektrum rx's however. I usually only use 2 channel rx's except on the TW as it has the 2 speed trans.

Codyboy. Yes I like it a lot. Great quality. Even the box it comes in is good quality. It shows Flysky have really done well with this radio. The only thing about it is I can't seem to set any of the switches as 2 or 3 position. I did manage to set up the shift on the 2 speed Twin Hammers transmission after a while using one of the buttons by the wheel. Push once and it goes high gear, then push again and goes low gear. It works ok like that.

Compared to my DX4S it is much better quality and the long battery life with just the built in battery is great. I can't imagine running out of power with the base battery as well unless driving all day. With the usb charging it would be easy to use a power bank to get more life.

The screen is really responsive and menu is eay to use. I only read the manual just to help with the trans shift on the TW. The rest is dead easy.

Last edited by M1tch; 01-13-2019 at 12:09 PM. Reason: added channel description
Old 01-13-2019, 09:17 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Soze. No it wont work with older rx's. I did try, but no go. The only ones it works with are the new FGr4 and FGr4s. They are almost as expensive as Spektrum rx's however. I usually only use 2 channel rx's except on the TW as it has the 2 speed trans.

Codyboy. Yes I like it a lot. Great quality. Even the box it comes in is good quality. It shows Flysky have really done well with this radio. The only thing about it is I can't seem to set any of the switches as 2 or 3 position. I did manage to set up the shift on the 2 speed Twin Hammers transmission after a while using one of the buttons by the wheel. Push once and it goes high gear, then push again and goes low gear. It works ok like that.

Compared to my DX4S it is much better quality and the long battery life with just the built in battery is great. I can't imagine running out of power with the base battery as well unless driving all day. With the usb charging it would be easy to use a power bank to get more life.

The screen is really responsive and menu is eay to use. I only read the manual just to help with the trans shift on the TW. The rest is dead easy.

Might be a problem trying to operate a winch. You would need neutral, forward and reverse. Do you see a way to set that up?

Ernie
Old 01-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #37
RCC Addict

You can set a switch to toggle. I assume that would work. I don't use winches so haven't looked at that.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You can set a switch to toggle. I assume that would work. I don't use winches so haven't looked at that.

That would work! Would that be one of the 2 above the steering wheel?
Old 01-14-2019, 10:27 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Errrm I dont think so, they are Throttle and Steering trim. However I think they can be reassigned. There are 2 more buttons on the side of the wheel also. I have only read part through the user manual, which is available to download. If you want to read up yourself this is the link.

https://fccid.io/N4ZFG400/User-Manua...4015835.iframe

Last edited by M1tch; 01-14-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Errrm I dont think so, they are Throttle and Steering trim. However I think they can be reassigned. There are 2 more buttons on the side of the wheel also. I have only read part through the user manual, which is available to download. If you want to read up yourself this is the link.

https://fccid.io/N4ZFG400/User-Manua...4015835.iframe

Thanks M1tch, I did go ahead and ordered one, with extra RX, so now the wait on the slow boat from China begins!

Ernie

FlySky FS-NB4 - ambidextrous pistol grip - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pistol Grip Tech SVEN Superclass Crawlers 32 08-19-2016 08:39 AM
Axon pistol grip 2.4? bolibruch1 Electronics 2 10-13-2008 09:48 AM
Pistol Grip controls RB_Steve Electronics 32 05-04-2008 07:35 AM
4 channel pistol grip? Mortimer Snerd Electronics 10 04-28-2008 11:38 AM