Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Official Novak Crawler Products Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

well this sucks to hear.. i was planning on ordering the rooster crawler tomorrow.. probably still going to get it cuz i have used novak for years for use in my race cars.. i a have never had any problems and when i did i got another speedo that was brand new sent to me.. great ccustomer service with these guys..
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2007, 12:26 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

so if you flip the motor wires and use your throttle backwards on the controller, would that help the glitching?
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapegoat View Post
so if you flip the motor wires and use your throttle backwards on the controller, would that help the glitching?
no, by flipping the wires then reversing the throw on the radio you are right where you started
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I'm not having this issue with mine, it's smooth as silk forward or reverse. Power seems equal as well. I do get the occaisonal glitch but nothing too annoying (caps are installed) The drag brake with an Integy 55t is incredible.

Best esc I've ever tried...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #25

You couldn't get your ESC to take a one touch setup with your M8 or M11?

Double check to make sure that your throttle and brake EPAs are set to at least 100 each. For the best possible resolution (most smoothness) turn them up to 140 and 160 when doing the one touch setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
we could not get it set with either the M8 or M11, but will work ok with the JR R-1 but still not acceptable to me
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:54 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
You couldn't get your ESC to take a one touch setup with your M8 or M11?

Double check to make sure that your throttle and brake EPAs are set to at least 100 each. For the best possible resolution (most smoothness) turn them up to 140 and 160 when doing the one touch setup.
no it would set but never be smooth, On the esc we have when the epa is set above 120 and the one touch is done it only learches at low throttle input in forward, and silk smooth in reverse. Only by adjusting the epas after setup is it drivable at slow speeds. Ive played with it now for around 5 or 6 hours and any configuration is bad, there are 4 or 5 of us on the site with the same issue.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:58 AM   #27

We've noted that some people are complaining about a glitch at low throttle or unequal smoothness in forward and reverse... we've been in contact with a fair number of them and thus far the glitching problems have been related to another item in the car, IE, motor caps not soldered on properly, bad receiver/bad transmitter, etc.

If you are having these glitching problems I urge you to 1.) contact us directly so that we can better help you and 2.) consider swapping out some of your current electronics with some other spares you might happen to have...

As far as the asymetrical throttle issue the only reason we can see that there would be any asymetry is if there was some timing in the motor or something funny going on in your radio settings.

Again, if you have problems I strongly urge you to contact us directly because it will probably result in a faster response than just by posting here!

Charlie@teamnovak.com Steve@teamnovak.com

-Steve
Old 09-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
We've noted that some people are complaining about a glitch at low throttle or unequal smoothness in forward and reverse... we've been in contact with a fair number of them and thus far the glitching problems have been related to another item in the car, IE, motor caps not soldered on properly, bad receiver/bad transmitter, etc.

If you are having these glitching problems I urge you to 1.) contact us directly so that we can better help you and 2.) consider swapping out some of your current electronics with some other spares you might happen to have...

As far as the asymetrical throttle issue the only reason we can see that there would be any asymetry is if there was some timing in the motor or something funny going on in your radio settings.

Again, if you have problems I strongly urge you to contact us directly because it will probably result in a faster response than just by posting here!

Charlie@teamnovak.com Steve@teamnovak.com

-Steve
again I have tried 4 different radio and receiver setups, and nothing helps.

BTW I did email several weeks ago without response, I will email you again, you have a PM

Last edited by rockwerks; 09-20-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
no it would set but never be smooth, On the esc we have when the epa is set above 120 and the one touch is done it only learches at low throttle input in forward, and silk smooth in reverse. Only by adjusting the epas after setup is it drivable at slow speeds. Ive played with it now for around 5 or 6 hours and any configuration is bad, there are 4 or 5 of us on the site with the same issue.
Make that 6 of us
Will there be any sort of replacement for our systems?
I am not trying to be rude, or give anyone a bad name, but when you spend $200 on a motor and esc combo it should work like a charm.
tsaun987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun987 View Post
Make that 6 of us
Will there be any sort of replacement for our systems?
I am not trying to be rude, or give anyone a bad name, but when you spend $200 on a motor and esc combo it should work like a charm.
mine is the brushed esc
Old 09-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

MY mistake. With my GOATsystem, i get some glitching when driving very slowly forward. Reverse is totally smooth.
tsaun987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

I have just installed a TQ3 radio and receiver out of a t maxx i have seems to have solved my problems so far. Im going to run a couple more packs through it this evening to make sure.
NU2KRAWLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #33
Holmes Hobbies

I've got two on my super and they are smooth forward and rev. but a little glitch at slow rpm ever once in a while like Big Mike was saying. I have the DX6, pimp cane and the reciever is mounted on the chassis in middle with the esc's at each end.Maybe they are far enough away to help?
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:52 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

i have seen and experienced that the sevos sometimes cause glitching.. also ake sure there are no wirs touching any metal or graphite/carbon fiber. and it would be best to not have the electronics sitting diretly on the alum. or any metal.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 AM   #35

Glitching is kind of tough to diagnose sometimes ... oftentimes we have to play a game with replacing certain items in the car until the glitch disappears...

Glitches can come from shorted/bad motors, servos, receivers... and most commonly installation layout.

As a general rule of thumb the cleaner the layout is the better it works.

Always try to keep your power and signal wires separated from one another. This means don't wrap the battery wires around the input harness, receiver antenna, or receiver leads.

Sometimes receiver orientation in a car can make a difference as well, if you having a glitch sometimes just standing the receiver on it's side or edge will solve it.

Having a receiver sandwiched between motors or ESCs can also cause problems.

If you guys are having glitching issues I urge you to use some of these tips to try to solve them.

As always we are here to lend a helping hand and you can email us directly at charlie@teamnovak.com or steve@teamnovak.com

It can sometimes help to get pictures of your installations so we can see what we're working with... it's like what they say "a picture is worth a thousand words"

Thanks again guys and happy crawling!

~Steve
Old 09-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

just ordered my rooster crawler.. cant wait to try it out.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

recieved my rooster crawler today and in 5 min. i had it in my sw3 and was crawling it took 1 min to do the one-touch setup and the program select. everything runs super smooth both in forward and in reverse. and i do not experience any low speed glitching what-so-ever.. this speedo kicks ***! i love the 90% drag brake and the zero delay reverse. makes crawling tough obstacles 50% easier. thanks NOVAK for another awesome speedo!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:34 AM   #38
Rock Stacker

I have one on order as well. I like good feed back on what I purchase.
mannysouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

I bought the new rooster right before the crawler addition was released. So i was wondering if there was a way to do some kind of trade?
Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Well from bad to worse, the esc totally shut down this past weekend. plugged inthe battery, drove the rig about 4 feet and it shut down.......no amount of off and on would help and even tried everal differnt batteries.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/85567-official-novak-crawler-products-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
novak rooster crawler edition This thread Refback 10-04-2011 04:16 PM