Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Official Novak Crawler Products Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Assuming your soldering was done correctly, it would not void our warranty. Contact Charlie and let him know what happened, and he will take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo View Post
Even though I shortened the 12'' motor wires and soldered on a Deans connector???
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Assuming your soldering was done correctly, it would not void our warranty. Contact Charlie and let him know what happened, and he will take care of it.
Thanks...I sent Charlie a email and he hasnt returned it yet, I firgured he has been busy...I will feel alot better if they take care of it...Its frustrating to buy the "latest and greatest" and then have it fry on ya...

Hoping for the best,
K9
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanks...I sent Charlie a email and he hasnt returned it yet, I firgured he has been busy...I will feel alot better if they take care of it...Its frustrating to buy the "latest and greatest" and then have it fry on ya...

Hoping for the best,
K9
If you e-mail from a "free" account, it might get caught in our spam filter. If you don't hear from him today, let me know. Novak will take care of it.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:58 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
If you e-mail from a "free" account, it might get caught in our spam filter. If you don't hear from him today, let me know. Novak will take care of it.
thanks...
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Even though I shortened the 12'' motor wires and soldered on a Deans connector???
It said right on the instructions that if you do that it will void the warranty. But contrary to that. It has been said by some novak rep on here that if it appears that it was done correctly (plugs are in the right place with good soldered connections and shrink wrap used) and the problem was not generated by that upgrade then there wont be a problem. It seems very iffy to me so I didn't install my deans. Mine is working great so far, but Im gonna have to get alot more run time on it before I do it. Just incase. Too many people are having issues. I don't want a warranty issue.
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #66
Rock Stacker

Could you help me with a programing problem? I've tried several times to program it to progam #3. It won't blink three time just one or two but not three or four. What am I doing wrong? Would like to get it figured out cause I leave for campiong tomarrow. If any one could help I would like to prevent another ruined battery. thanks ahead of time.

Keep trying to email Steve but it gets thrown back.

Last edited by mannysouza; 10-11-2007 at 10:19 PM.
mannysouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannysouza View Post
Could you help me with a programing problem? I've tried several times to program it to progam #3. It won't blink three time just one or two but not three or four. What am I doing wrong? Would like to get it figured out cause I leave for campiong tomarrow. If any one could help I would like to prevent another ruined battery. thanks ahead of time.

Keep trying to email Steve but it gets thrown back.
Hi, I've made the same mistake (if You're talking about the Rooster Crawler), the Rooster has just two programs, one for NiMh and one for Lipo (with cut-off). This is explained in the manual addendum (a very small sheet of paper enclosed in the Rooster box), not in the User Guide.

bye.
andreazinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #68

Sorry about you guys having trouble emailing us... sometimes the free email accounts out there tend to get stuck in our email filters here

I do my best to go through the caught mail but it'd be helpful if you put something very noticable in the subject lines like NOVAK CRAWLER or something of the like.

You can always post here or try to private message... I try to get onto these boards once every couple days if time permits!
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

i have a rooster crawler and my truck goes in reverse. i reversed the throttle and will then go forward but i have to trim it to the max setting and still the wheels go in reverse. Then i try resetting then ESC with the throttle in reverse and trim back to nutural and the same thing happens. I know all my wires are connected right because i compared it to another truck with the same system.
Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Hi Guys,

The motor being backwards is easy to fix. Simply program ESC backwards. So when you do the one touch, simply move the trigger the opposite direction you're supposed to.

The reverse trigger output then setup, "washes out" the reversing of the trigger. Additionally, the outpu of the trigger won't really be the same, so just reversing moves your neutral and changes the endpoints for each side.

You could also change the motor's endbell or wire it backwards.

Either way for these crawler applications, the motor is usually "0" timing anyway so your choice on how you do it.

The filter issue seems to be related to Hotmail mostly. Gmail and the rest seem to be fine.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #71
Pebble Pounder

Default Poof

Well got my new AX-10 together (first crawler) great kit BTW, so I set it up with the Goat crawler system 18.5 turn 7 cell Elite 1500 battery pack and 2 Hitec 5645 servos.

Well the battery is new so I slow charge it (hyperion oes 5i) till is full and plug it in and run the truck for about 30 - 45 min total well stated getting late so unpluged the battery and discharged it. the next morning I get up and charge the battery at 1amp till it peaks and put it in the truck.

Then I flip the switch and the rear servo wigs out and the ESC stats smoking so I turn it off ASAP and pull the battery (which is really hot now) and my heart sank:-(.

have and E-mail into support but probably won't here from them till Monday .

after some testing the pack, servos ,and RX are fine . put the pack in my stadium truck and all was good , still not sure what was the deal with the ESC.

Gyyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #72

Gyyro,

If you have been browsing the forums you would have seen that there were a few of us that have had that problem, including me. Box everything up, fill out the warranty service form, make sure you include everything that they ask for, receipt, etc. Send it out to Novak, they will take care of the issue.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:38 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
Gyyro,

If you have been browsing the forums you would have seen that there were a few of us that have had that problem, including me. Box everything up, fill out the warranty service form, make sure you include everything that they ask for, receipt, etc. Send it out to Novak, they will take care of the issue.
yeah have the system packed up already thanks just hope it doesn't take to long.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #74

I have to send one out tomorrow as well, I need it back by the 4th as a backup for a comp, hopefully they can do that.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Default no word

Well E-mailed tech support on Friday and still no reply as of yet, just sent Steve a mail hope their not getting stuck in the filter as I have a yahoo SBC address.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:08 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyyro View Post
Well E-mailed tech support on Friday and still no reply as of yet, just sent Steve a mail hope their not getting stuck in the filter as I have a yahoo SBC address.
got A reply from Steve in few min . other guy is at the trade show hehe.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:43 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Hi Guys,

Everyone is back, had a good time at the show. We're keeping a look out for the crawler systems coming in and processing them ASAP.

Thanks
Charlie.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Just want to thank the guys at Novak for helping make the last NOSTR GTG a big success. Here's exesivefire's winning beer-pong shot to take home the grand prize: a new Rooster Crawler

Now he's gotta build another rig
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:53 PM   #79

Can you use duel brushles motors with the goat?
montyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:25 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

There's no brushless controller that will run two motors. I've heard airplane guys say they're gonna try it, and then you never hear anything more on the subject. Sometimes the magic smoke brings enlightenment.

BL motors are phased by the controller; Novaks use a sensor to show the rotor's position; other speedos can interpret it electronically. If two motors COULD run on the same controller, they'd have to be in perfect synch at all times; not likely in a Clod.

Short answer, you need two Goats.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/85567-official-novak-crawler-products-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
novak rooster crawler edition This thread Refback 10-04-2011 04:16 PM