Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Phildirt’s Element Enduro Trailwalker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2020, 08:47 AM   #41
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Phildirt’s Element Enduro Trailwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
About 1/2 of a 5,000 MAH 2s pack lol. Or less. Honestly as I painted them I was like “why am I doing this” lol
I left mine on the bench for the longest time unsure whether I should put them on. After periodically glancing at them for a few weeks I finally just tucked them in a bin. They basically became part of the clutter. Mounting them definitely finishes the look of the truck. Really like your paint scheme. It soothes the eyes. Now I want to at least mount the mirrors on mine for a picture before I scratch the thing up. My mind is making waffles...
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2020, 12:26 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Cut down OG SCX10 rear bumper. Left just enough to say one is back there.

Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:27 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Pretty good profile I think.

Old 12-03-2020, 12:30 PM   #44
RCC Addict

For the sticker haters. I like them haha. Race trok. 74 is a nod to my birth year, yes I am old. Picked all of the black and white ones out to keep with the theme.

Old 12-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Closeup in case your vision sucks like mine lol

Old 12-03-2020, 12:32 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Apparently I’ve been to many many state parks in my back yard

Old 12-03-2020, 12:34 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Obligatory shelf flexing. This thing has ridiculous articulation before it lifts a rear tire, way more than the SCX10.

Last edited by Phildirt; 12-03-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:35 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Love the stickers! They add a lot of character and make it your own!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:36 PM   #49
RCC Addict

I plan on taking this thing hiking tomorrow or Saturday to log some miles. Really hyped about that, will be nice to scoot around with something that works.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Side note: those tiny ass stickers were a pain to cut out of the sheet. But getting them as tight as possible makes them look so much better. I know decals aren't everyones cup of tea and I tried to do just enough to break up the monotony of the blue/black and not go overboard. The big "74" stickers have a metallic border that doesn't really show in the photos but looks really cool in person.

I'm thinking the bomber interior all black, with blue seat belts and driver helmets trying to match the body color as close as i can. I found some Injora 1.9 bead locks last night on Amazon that are satin black centers with blue rings. Keep going with the theme I've backed myself into.

Still undecided on tires. I kind of like the size of these, they are growing on me but I need to see how much they rub. If it's not too much I may go with either TSL XLs or Baja Claws. The Claws might go with the race truck look a little better. I'm not uber worried about performance considering there aren't a ton of rocks here, I need an all around tire, not a sticky wall climber.

Last edited by Phildirt; 12-03-2020 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Very nice looking, great job. I wrote the body off when I first saw them released, but it’s growing on me. I’m definitely stealing the blacked out trim idea.
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:50 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Haha thanks...yeah it called to me the first time I saw it, then i looked at builds and either loved or hated them. Ebbet's is the one that made me pull the trigger and I pictured copying it...but didn't...honestly i think part of it is the yuge tires. You stuff big enough meats under a Prius and it looks hot lol.

I can't wait to beat the crap out of it though, I am pretty sure most of ya'll think all I do is paint these things and cut things off them
Old 12-03-2020, 02:32 PM   #53
RCC Addict

I will tell you what I do like about Element. The body catches a lot of heat but there are so many little perks:

Extra fasteners
A ton of decals including the ability to make personalized plates - I made a "FILDIRT" one but can't figure out where to mount it
Multiple shock tower locations for different links
Tall rear body mounts for the optional topper - which I may order. Think it would look good in flat black. Only reservation I have is it looks to be a hair taller than the cab. light bar on the cab could hide that.
The gears were all greasy
Everything is tight
Thick polycarbonate
It runs pretty good out of the box

What I don't like so far
Font drive shaft angle is really steep. As bad as my SCX10 when I lifted it with shock keys. Not sure what if anything can be done.
No on/off switch. You plug in the battery to turn it on. I'm a noob but didn't know that was a thing, my 10 year old Axial had a switch and so did my cheap ass hobby store ESC. Maybe I just haven't found it yet...
Motor: can't decide if it wants wheel speed or torgue. It does neither really well
Body: way too tight on the fenders. If all you did was street/mild trail it would work but forget it if you like bumps at all

We'll see what breaks, I have a few upgrades in mind but going to put some miles on the stock parts first.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:32 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Side note: those tiny ass stickers were a pain to cut out of the sheet. But getting them as tight as possible makes them look so much better. I know decals aren't everyones cup of tea and I tried to do just enough to break up the monotony of the blue/black and not go overboard. The big "74" stickers have a metallic border that doesn't really show in the photos but looks really cool in person.

I'm thinking the bomber interior all black, with blue seat belts and driver helmets trying to match the body color as close as i can. I found some Injora 1.9 bead locks last night on Amazon that are satin black centers with blue rings. Keep going with the theme I've backed myself into.

Still undecided on tires. I kind of like the size of these, they are growing on me but I need to see how much they rub. If it's not too much I may go with either TSL XLs or Baja Claws. The Claws might go with the race truck look a little better. I'm not uber worried about performance considering there aren't a ton of rocks here, I need an all around tire, not a sticky wall climber.
That said I would go with tsl's or boggers... I have Vaterra Tsl's on my 10II atm and they work good... 4.6" or so I also have 4.75" rc4wd boggers on my honcho now... work good as well...

As far as the on off switch, I prefer not having one myself, as I find they fail more often than not. usually to open so nothing works....

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 12-03-2020 at 03:36 PM.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Good point on the switch. I guess I just liked that I can toggle the scx10 off without popping the body off. I need to get some body clips with pull tabs and it won’t suck as bad with this one. They are new so super tight.

I’ve just been looking at Proline tires, completely went over my head that RC4wD had a licensed bogger. Looks a little more scale, at least as far as size goes. The Proline ones are comically tall and a little on the skinny side for that height. Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:35 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Some shots from this morning. It did really well, crawls great. Had to pull the bumper back out a hair because the tires were catching the corner but other than that it handled these tires just fine. I thing I could run pretty much any 4.75ish setup. It runs a little faster than I can walk, slow enough to muscle up a near vertical slope, side hills well...I didn’t experience any of the torque twist issues I have read about. Overall I’m very happy I went with this platform based on first impressions. The mirrors aren’t going to last.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:38 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Posted this one on IG. @philipschell if anyone wants to follow. I don’t post a whole lot, I’m not that important or interesting lol but I will follow back to see your shenanigans as long as they aren’t political

Old 12-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Actually this one is the one I posted. Better shot. Cannot wait to do something with this grille, may start this weekend. Thinking styrene but gotta figure out the headlights. These are comical.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:43 AM   #59
RCC Addict

This spot was super cool. About 5 mins from my house. Is a big pond/pit and they graded out wet dirt, it dried hard as a rock in the shape of dozer treads. Was like lava rock but softer, would crumble if you stomp on it.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:46 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Last shot. Used up just one pack but didn’t have a lot of time, have some honey do’s and kid has a basketball game later today (cheerleader)

I may look into a phone holder for the tx. Wanted to make a video bc at one point I was laughing at how well this thing was running but couldn’t do both.

Phildirt’s Element Enduro Trailwalker - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element Enduro Trailwalker gets tires JMHZ2401 Videos! 0 11-17-2020 04:16 PM
Element Enduro Trailwalker JMHZ2401 Videos! 0 11-06-2020 06:38 PM
New Element RC Enduro Trailwalker RTR - IN STOCK! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-24-2019 07:13 PM
New Element RC Enduro Trailwalker RTR - Pre-order Now! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-28-2019 05:29 PM