Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Knightrunner and Utron projects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2023, 04:33 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Knightrunner, similar to my 1:1

Parts are rolling in.

Rc4wd mud terrains. Closest tire I can find to my 1:1s

Method wheels with black rings

Fusion brushless 2 n 1

Clear tacoma body

Bearings to replace all the bushings

Waiting on- limited edition breast cancer servo from NSDRC, club 5 rear links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jfrisch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2023, 12:26 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Body’s trimmed up. Prepping for paint now.

Picked up parts to build a bed to match the 1:1.

Wheels are pretty darn close to mine, tires as well. The inside lugs are just a little off, not enough to bother me. Pretty close to scale too, 1:1 has 37” tires and these are 3.85. 1/10 would be 3.7 if my calculations are correct.

Need to paint the heads of all the screws, besides the hub screws. Might get a little hop in my step and swap them out for scale bolts to be like lugs.

Really want to have it where I can open the hood, with an engine detail in the bay. I’ve found 1- 1uz engine bay and I can 3d print it.

Btw- the 1:1 has a functioning 1uz out of an sc400 in it. Runs and drives. Drivetrain is all swapped. Manual t case. Much better than the electronic one it came factory with.

Slapping some red on it today and gonna start disassembling the axles, trans to fit the bearings and ditch those bushings.

Old 09-23-2023, 04:42 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Tossed the red on. Much better!

Realized how bad I suck at putting decals on. I cut the clear off the front and back windows, they did not look good.

Also, cut the fenders, as my 1:1 is too. So it appears to sit a little high but that can be adjusted after all the new electronics are in.

Need to address front bumper. Since my 1:1 is kustom, I can’t find one that matches close yet.

Still debating on doing the matte clear on the outside. Just not sold on it yet.

Old 09-25-2023, 10:52 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

looking sharp... even without the bed as of now ... look forward to see the progress
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 03:26 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple View Post
looking sharp... even without the bed as of now ... look forward to see the progress

Thanks. I’m working on a bed now but I’m not liking where it’s going. Probably gonna be too flimsy and break the first trail lol

Gonna snag the 10.2 honcho bed and see if I like that more. It matches closer to my 1:1 bed.

Old 09-25-2023, 03:31 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Bushings are all gone. Trans is…. Goofy but I’m ok with it. I know it’s gonna need steel gears. Packed the diffs and trans with marine grease.

Can definitely feel the difference in the bearings vs bushings. Much smoother, obviously.

Hobbywing fusion 2 n 1 is all programmed and got to test it out. Clean and smooth slow crawling ahead!

Nsdrc servo, is just a thing of boobie, ope beauty! Fast and strong as heck. Will not go back to any other servo again after using these. Well worth the money.

Old 09-26-2023, 02:01 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Club 5 rear links are on.

Really like their stuff, their parts and pieces are well made. Rod ends w/ metal balls are nice.

Doesn’t appear the rear driveshaft is more exposed, I saw some post somewhere that the driveshaft was gonna get destroyed on this truck with these links. Not sure

Old 09-27-2023, 09:09 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Knightrunner and Utron projects

Working on bumper stuff…

Cut the flat spot off the bumper on the top. Heated up the bar with a heat gun and shoved a socket through to bend the bar more like my 1:1. Shouldn’t have used any tools to get the factory bends smooth, ended up putting indentations on the bar.

Don’t love it, don’t hate it. But it’ll do until I can figure something out. I’ll try and smooth it out and make it match. Trial and error!

Old 09-27-2023, 09:59 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

That bumper looks pretty nice so far. My guess is that if you hit it with some paint, something like Krylon Fusion it'll end up looking well finished.

Is that a DRZ parked next to your truck? I ride an old XR250R that's still a lot of fun!
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 10:02 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
That bumper looks pretty nice so far. My guess is that if you hit it with some paint, something like Krylon Fusion it'll end up looking well finished.

Is that a DRZ parked next to your truck? I ride an old XR250R that's still a lot of fun!

I’m hoping I can smooth out the sanding marks. Was gonna try to go higher and higher on grit and see if I will smooth out. Definitely need to hit it with paint though.

That’s actually my old dr650. Fun bike for sure! I’m on a 1200gs now though lol.

Old 10-02-2023, 02:42 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Some more tinkering with this thing.

Ordered scale beadlock hardware, hub hardware and a servo winch with a bigger hook and 250lb line from Lockeduprc.

The wheels look so much closer than before, to my 1:1 wheels. Also changed the hubs to .375 instead of .600. Less stance and looks more like the 1:1 version.

Now I need caps

Before on left, right is with all the hardware fitted

Fitted the locked up Rc servo winch. It’s a VERY tight fit. There may be 1/16” of clearance between the spool and part of the ifs mount. But it works good and it’s strong for the price (less than $50)

Worked on the bed too. My scx10ii honcho body came in…..but it’s not working out like my other truck did. I feel like the 10.2 bed is longer than the og honcho bed. May keep working on my scale one and see where that takes me.

Another option is to make a metal one and braze it. Was trying to keep the weight down on this rig but that may have to go by the wayside.

Old 10-08-2023, 08:37 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Can’t wait to see the new one look like yours! You can always flat red the outside after lightly scuffing the plastic. And pm me if you need someone to take those 4.19 pin seekers off your hands!
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 02:29 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Slapped the rtt and roof rack on the new rig to take it out for its first trail run. It’s only been 5 months since I started with it. Better late than never.

*I picked up the Losi dirtbike and had way too much fun driving that lol*

Anywho,

Here it is!

Next to the OG tacoma, be kind. It’s had a rough life

Old 02-25-2024, 01:41 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Did well today. Tires are not terrible but not great. Slips a bit on the rocks. Mud and dirt they are much better.

It’s pretty close to the real thing now!

Old 03-18-2024, 03:33 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

I’ve decided to put the red truck on the shelf and leave it home. It too clean to mess up, plus those tiny 1.9s are not for me. Not on our trails filled with leaves, sticks and everything else.

Been driving the gray tacoma, the actual Knightrunner.

But now I have stripped front and rear diff gears. Front started clicking then wouldn’t work at all. Then, came the rear. Front diff, one of the pinion bearings gave out, that was the cause of that. Rear hasn’t been diagnosed yet but I’ve already ordered a new gear set.

Went ahead and grabbed the ifs2 and I’m gonna rip all the old ifs off. It’s worn out, the bushings for all the bow house stuff are worn, there’s a lot of slop in the steering again.

Tossed around the idea of doing a sas but decided against it. Still like my ifs tacoma.

Good trail run nonetheless!

Old 03-19-2024, 07:30 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

Front and rear diff gears are goneee. Front was clicking for a while, figured that’s what it was.

Rear went out from, I’m assuming, running the rest of the trail in 2/3 wheel.

Both rear hex pins were broken too, two at once is a new one for me. Usually it’s just one.

It was abused so nothing against it. 4s is just too much fun.

Ifs2 will be here in a few days and I’ll rebuild it. Give it some new shocks and fresh grease. This is still the most reliable crawler I’ve had in years.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Ifs2 came in and it is sick. It really does come on the stand to display it, with the section of frame!

Pretty neat little feature, I wasn’t expecting.

Got it all swapped in and driveshafts hooked back up…. The front then spun a different direction than the rear, causing a bind. After seeing if I could flip the front diff gears, that can’t be done due to some plastic casting on the housing.

Ended up flipping the rear diff gears and now it’s all good. Except for my diff cover is now upside down . Weird, and I didn’t see that issue anywhere else. REGARDLESS, it bolts right into the Knightrunner and is a well needed upgrade.

Removed the honcho bed, put the original bed back on. Tired of the goofy way to remove body to change batteries. Back to the og way. 4 pins and done.

Rear diff got replace with factory associated parts and fresh grease.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:00 AM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Now, what to do with this ifs setup with all the bowhouse parts you can buy, and brass knuckles??

Stick it on the shelf and reminisce in the future lol

Old 03-24-2024, 04:31 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Ah much fun today. The refresh helped this thing come back alive.

Old 03-24-2024, 11:38 PM   #100
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfrisch01 View Post
Ifs2 came in and it is sick. It really does come on the stand to display it, with the section of frame!
Really appreciating all the detailed shots. I have the IFS v1, and despise it. Bump steer, terrible geometry. Honestly regret buying it, however it was the only IFS kit as I was wanting to build a scale replica of my 4Runner.

Looks like I'll be snagging a IFS v2.
diezel666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Knightrunner and Utron projects - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Knight Runner axle swap. smc-93 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 11 10-05-2021 06:50 PM
1st build to match 1:1. Pbjeep Axial SCX10 III 31 04-11-2020 07:28 AM
JK build to match my 1:1 Numbcrawling 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 12-12-2012 09:50 AM
TTC-ish Scale-ish Budget-ish Wroncho-ish Build Meatwad Axial SCX-10 77 01-19-2012 03:00 PM
another hilux build to match my 1:1 4x4yota 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 01-06-2011 01:25 PM