Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Knightrunner and Utron projects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2024, 06:21 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Knightrunner and Utron projects

What do you think of the IFS V2 compared to the V1 after running it?

I was debating the swap, but mine does pretty good with the V1. Not sure I want to spend the coin yet.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2024, 09:22 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by diezel666 View Post
Really appreciating all the detailed shots. I have the IFS v1, and despise it. Bump steer, terrible geometry. Honestly regret buying it, however it was the only IFS kit as I was wanting to build a scale replica of my 4Runner.

Looks like I'll be snagging a IFS v2.

Yeah, I disliked the v1 before the bowhouse stuff. Then, once the rod ends started wearing, they would pop off all the time, had so many issues with steering. Bought an extremely overpowered servo (which I love now, and only buy them) it just wasn’t controllable on really technical climbs.

You won’t regret the v2. It is so much better and performs way better than v1. With the control arm setup, steering design, it has little to no bump steer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jfrisch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 09:25 AM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
What do you think of the IFS V2 compared to the V1 after running it?

I was debating the swap, but mine does pretty good with the V1. Not sure I want to spend the coin yet.

The v2 is far better than the v1 in terms of technical crawling. It acts like a real ifs suspension now and you’ll kind of “3 wheel” which is exactly how my 1:1 tacoma performs.

It handles like a scale version now and the little bit of clearance it added, is noticeable.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:07 AM   #104
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfrisch01 View Post
Yeah, I disliked the v1 before the bowhouse stuff. Then, once the rod ends started wearing, they would pop off all the time, had so many issues with steering. Bought an extremely overpowered servo (which I love now, and only buy them) it just wasn’t controllable on really technical climbs.

You won’t regret the v2. It is so much better and performs way better than v1. With the control arm setup, steering design, it has little to no bump steer.

Agreed, but even then the Bowhouse parts only partially correct the steering issues. Instead of spending $30+ on helping the IFS v1, I'm just gonna get the IFS v2. Glad to hear testimony from someone with both, and the input is greatly appreciated!
diezel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 02:01 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Getting the trucks and myself ready for the G6 coming up.

Adding scale stuff, lights, maintenance, etc.

Lights the not working arb one is now working. Wire came loose- it’s fixed and working now.

Have had this arb fridge for a while with nothing in it. Printed some labels and made my favorite beverage of choice for wheeling

Old 04-07-2024, 07:13 AM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Trailer came in. Bought two. One for my son, which was $100 more and his was a pita to put together. Instructions sucked and sooo many pieces.

Mine, however, took about 20 minutes. His may be built stronger with aluminum plate vs mesh but he traded wheels with me and I got the aluminum solid wheels. Cannot stand wagon wheels!

I don’t know but it has a striking resemblance…

Hitch is pretty slick. Functions like a real one and using the utron bumper on the Knightrunner worked well. If I cared enough, I’d shim the hitch a bit to keep it level but it will have the hitch on for such a short period of time it doesn’t matter to me.

Old 04-19-2024, 11:33 AM   #107
Quarry Creeper

Man oh man the g6 was a blast. The red truck did excellent, the gray one, not so much.

Getting sooo tired of diffs clicking on these ifs setups. Just rebuilt the gray one and used the factory associated rear diff with the factory built ifs2. Already stripped. Cannot get these things into a tight spot without stripping gears.

Knightrunner and Utron projects - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Knight Runner axle swap. smc-93 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 11 10-05-2021 06:50 PM
1st build to match 1:1. Pbjeep Axial SCX10 III 31 04-11-2020 07:28 AM
JK build to match my 1:1 Numbcrawling 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 12-12-2012 09:50 AM
TTC-ish Scale-ish Budget-ish Wroncho-ish Build Meatwad Axial SCX-10 77 01-19-2012 03:00 PM
another hilux build to match my 1:1 4x4yota 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 01-06-2011 01:25 PM