Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Beerman's RcBros Berg build (update on page 7)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Beerman's Berg: RcBro/ Secret Agent Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
Where was this rod ordered from?

Thanks
MCMASTER

McMaster-Carr
sourdojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Sweet thanks

That place is right by my house.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
Where was this rod ordered from?

Thanks
I got it from McMaster and I want to say it was about 20$ to do all your links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Beerman Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #64
www.ottsix.com

Get some 4mm rod and I'll send you some Delrin sleeves to slide over them...Delrin slides over rock much better than raw aluminum.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Awesome build.

You're in the Super Exclusive Secret Agent'd Berg club now
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Awesome build.

You're in the Super Exclusive Secret Agent'd Berg club now

Thanks, It feels great

By the way I got a lot great information from your build, Its help me out a lot.

Last edited by Beerman Crawler; 07-24-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Default Beerman's Berg: RcBro/ Secret Agent Chassis

The great news is that the truck is up and running. Tom did a great job on my electronics. I'm running two BRXL de-cased, a futaba R2106GF receiver de-cased and a Castle BEC. All the electronics are coated in urethane conformal coating

Last edited by Beerman Crawler; 07-31-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Yesterday I got the crawler out on some rock and couldn't be happier. The weather was great and so was the traction. I would say so far I have about eight packs though it so everything has found it's happy place. I crawled four, 4S pack without stoping and nothing got hot or came lose. After getting it out on the rocks wanted to make a few adjustments. First off I wanted to comp cut the fronts even more and put a small comp cut on the rear. I do like a soft tire and that's do to the fact I crawl on smooth river rock. If I crawled on high traction rock I'm pretty sure my tires would be too soft. The other little change I made was stand my front stock up one hole. I wanted a little more belly clarence.

These are the front forms comp cut on my bench grinder.

This is the front and rear forms comp cut

Last edited by Beerman Crawler; 07-31-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Some action shoots

Old 07-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Got a few packs though the crawler this morning. I'm really happy with the tires after comp cutting the forms even more. My truck is walking lines that it had a hard time with yesterday. The next thing I'm going todo is make the rear upper links 10mm longer. If all goes good with the upper links soon I will make them out of carbon fiber tube. I'm hoping tomorrow to make body panels. After this weekend it should be finished up. So far very happy with truck

Last edited by Beerman Crawler; 07-31-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Decided it was time to cut out some body panel. I wanted to keep it simple so I use some black and red paint. I'm really happy how they turned out

Old 08-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #72
Wanna get? Gotta want.

So youre just spraying the elec with that stuff and leaving them bare? If that works, it sounds like an awesome idea to me. I also like how they are attached to the skid.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
So youre just spraying the elec with that stuff and leaving them bare? If that works, it sounds like an awesome idea to me. I also like how they are attached to the skid.
Problem I see is what if this hits metal? Short out?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I do have the esc's covered in heat shrink, and the bec. Then I heat shrink the "package" to the braces at the bottom of the chassis. I have been doing this along with a few buddy's for years without any problems.

Also wanted to let you know I have been really happy with the front Shafts. They are really working in nice. So far I have been nice to them but I do believe I can give them hell

Last edited by Beerman Crawler; 08-01-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #75
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Ah, its hard to tell that there is shrink wrap. I still think it could be a good idea to no heat shrink them if you could find something that is hard core and protects them from moisture and like Sally said, shorting out. It gets so hot here in the summer that I had to step up my heat shrink size because the heat shrink would shrink so much that it shorted my ESC's together. Now my only problem is that the heat creates a heat hole of sorts from everything getting so hot. Not having any heat shrink would be nice to let more heat escape.

Glad youre liking the shafts, most are in the same boat as you are and having good luck. I personally would not hold back on them myself. Worst case you do break them and then I can upgrade them to the stronger version that I have been making.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

The ESC's aren't quite touching each other either. They rest on a wire in between them on both sides. And inside the wires on the circuit boards is a layer of thermal grease to help dissipate heat evenly.

Here is a pic of a similar set up on my XR

sourdojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman Crawler View Post
It's update time. I finally made progress getting this built. I have the RcBro tubes on along with his knuckle weights and new gears. I still need to make some upper links and I will make them out of carbon fiber tube. So far I'm happy with the way the look and feel of the truck. Here and some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I want one!
Ricky G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Today I was lucky enough to get in some great crawling. It was a nice hot sunny day so the traction was great. I made some changes to the crawler the most Noticeable was comp cutting the front forms even more and giving the rear form a small comp cut. It really helped improve the Voodoo's overall performance on smooth river rock. I have the gold Dots and so far I'm Impressed with just how little wear the tire is showing. I run 4S so the tires see some good wheel speed. Another change I made was making my upper links about 7-8mm longer. I also moved the "L" Shape part of my upper link mount back a hole centering it right over the rear axle. It seems to help keep the front tires on the rocks. As of now I'm really happy with the geometry of the crawler so it's time to make some carbon fiber uppers. Here are some pictures from today.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

I got out for another great day of crawling. I went to a place that I haven't been to in about a year and boy am I glad I went. With the rocks being a little different then what I'm use to it expose a weakness. The rear tires were lacking forward bite. So what I did was drop the rear lower links a hole and dropped the upper links one hole. I also moved the rear shocks more up and down. After doing all this the rear tires had more forward bite but I still would like a little more. Tomorrow I'm going to try a little different Foam set up. I do have to say how much I'm liking having adjustable link mounts, RcBro did a great job with these.
Today I gave the Dlux front shafts some hell and they liked it. More then once I was at full lock and was able to stall out my motors on 4S. Here are some pics from today

Old 08-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Looks and seemingly performs great!!! Glad to see that your are putting more agression into the Dlux shafts. I went out today since I had it off with my SA and burned through 7-8 packs. I bound the front up several times with no axle issues. I did manage to kill an older(well used) 7950. Had a new 9380 on hand! Awesome servo!!!

Still tuned in and watching
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Beerman's RcBros Berg build (update on page 7) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith Kit Build - Page by Page Video Series. FastEddy Axial Wraith 60 06-09-2015 10:11 AM
SCX10 Honcho Video Build. Page By Page (Great For the New People) FastEddy Axial SCX-10 33 04-22-2011 06:47 PM
RcBros Berg Build RcBro EnRoute Berg 176 08-15-2010 03:36 PM
iPhonewizz Berg build Update 3! iphonewizz EnRoute Berg 8 05-27-2009 02:01 AM
iPhonewizz - Berg Build - ******UPDATE ****** iphonewizz EnRoute Berg 5 05-23-2009 09:20 PM