Thread: DRV KRAWLER FOFF'en Formula Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by die-laughing View Post
Thats awesome! I want to build one now!
Thank you !

I did get another update last evening from Crawling Calvin. The wheels are edging their way closer to being complete. Calvin is a very dedicated Vendor and really takes care of is clients.
Might be seeing some wheels later this coming week. Before I can mount them, will need to find a set of 4 Vanquish SLW hubs in the 850 length. So if anyone has them they are looking to get rid of P.M. me.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Build is looking great.. Your gonna love those lockers from highland cralwer..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Build is looking great.. Your gonna love those lockers from highland cralwer..
I appreciate that. I have to admit with the holiday coming and a three year old who wants everything, this build will be slowing down till after. Very few items are remaining on the list. They are just a little costly. The Lockers, gears, CC BEC and Hubs will be pushing the final tag up. Oh ya, also a Receiver for my PL.
I will be able to update still with the items I have and the few still on the way. I am pretty famous for the time frame being in the nieghborhood of 6 months.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Oh yea the bead on the rims is HUGE thanks for making my life hard no its just a case of "mill the lip a little deeper and were set!"

The old sand paws I have are HARD so the rep is 100% right... NO foams needed. I think it would almost be an issue to have them in there so you couldn't grip onto anything!

Ill get some pics up soon of the rims in progress... helps my Sherline is down for more "upgrades"...
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
Oh yea the bead on the rims is HUGE thanks for making my life hard no its just a case of "mill the lip a little deeper and were set!"

The old sand paws I have are HARD so the rep is 100% right... NO foams needed. I think it would almost be an issue to have them in there so you couldn't grip onto anything!

Ill get some pics up soon of the rims in progress... helps my Sherline is down for more "upgrades"...
I've got to keep you working hard Calvin. Once you post up the pictures of the wheels you are going to get busy.

Stay tuned Everyone ! I know I am, I can't wait to see what Calvin has instore for this build.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
I've got to keep you working hard Calvin. Once you post up the pictures of the wheels you are going to get busy.

Stay tuned Everyone ! I know I am, I can't wait to see what Calvin has instore for this build.
LOL As usual Pro Line makes my life harder {not dissing their stuff. I like it and use it, its just their lip sizes on their rims and stuff makes life a wee bit harder. I may need to offer a "sand paw compatable" wheel the locking ring shown needs to be made a little smaller to fit... grr

Ok I made a mistake, I uploaded a photo but once I get my CNC going good i will say... got that

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #27
RCC Addict

OOOHHHH YYYAAAAA ! Looking great Calvin !
Old 11-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Red face

Quote:
OOOHHHH YYYAAAAA ! Looking great Calvin !
I told you it would be a BAD idea... what do I know

As I sit with my mill's drive unit in my lap I go "gee once I get this going I can make more stuff" going to be nice to have OK torque at 6,000 RPM than no torque at 10,000 or tons of torque at 2200 and no feed rate . Oh the joys of tiny CNC's
Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
I told you it would be a BAD idea... what do I know

As I sit with my mill's drive unit in my lap I go "gee once I get this going I can make more stuff" going to be nice to have OK torque at 6,000 RPM than no torque at 10,000 or tons of torque at 2200 and no feed rate . Oh the joys of tiny CNC's
Now come on Calvin, these are not to bad for a guy using a Swiss army knife and a friend holding a Black and Decker drill.
I can hardly wait to see these wheels in person !

All of you Formula Offroader's should note : Calvin will cut his wheels to allow for the thicker Pro-Line beads. And he will provide the best service out their. HANDS DOWN AMAZING SERVICE.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

I like the mini jack stands. They are pretty cool.
SLPatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:47 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Looking real Good . .
West Cork Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Freakin sick DRV,been a while since checkin in on the crawlin scene and wow you been busy.

Can't wait to see this beast shooting some roost!

I've been hitting the 1/10 sct and baja 5t addiction and man is it addicting. Got a 5ive t on the way.

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 11-28-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

nice work.
Random Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLPatt View Post
I like the mini jack stands. They are pretty cool.
I am really suprised by how many have commented on them. I guess someone should start to remake them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Cork Basher View Post
Looking real Good . .
Thank you, I hope to post up some pictures when I get the wheels. Still need hubs for them to be installed. One item at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. crawl View Post
Freakin sick DRV,been a while since checkin in on the crawlin scene and wow you been busy.

Can't wait to see this beast shooting some roost!

I've been hitting the 1/10 sct and baja 5t addiction and man is it addicting. Got a 5ive t on the way.
P.M. Sent , I have been trying to stay out of trouble. Just not with my Wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Hero View Post
nice work.
Thank you ! It will get interesting in the future.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Talking

Good grief. These tires are a PAIN to mount ... note I have some like 10+ year old Sand Paws so the rubber is EXTRA hard

Ok lets cut to the chase! The "spacers" I was talking about are really simple. They take a .9" thick rim and make it a 1.25" rim which the sand paws happen to like a lot more. I wonder why {EVIL sidewalls anyone }

Here's the finished product. No one say I have 2 screws in. I know that, I just slapped it together real quick for a photo and im taking it apart to fine tune everything ...

Daniel happens to be the poor test dude for the Sand Paw edition of rims... ah all in the life of research and driving
Old 11-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #36
RCC Addict

I am all about making sure Calvin get's the easy projects.

These are AWESOME Calvin ! You have really gone out of your way for me and this project.

I hope alot of you FOFFER's are taking this into consideration. Calvin is in need of your challenges !
Old 11-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
I am all about making sure Calvin get's the easy projects.

These are AWESOME Calvin ! You have really gone out of your way for me and this project.

I hope alot of you FOFFER's are taking this into consideration. Calvin is in need of your challenges !
Lol lets see... chopping up a new piece of Delrin and making it into a rim and you ONLY have a rim that is 1.3"... OR have a .9" rim with a spacer and THEN when you decide to make it smaller, you can. Hm... win-win

"easy" ha! Don't go there...
Old 11-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Good grief. These tires are a PAIN to mount ... note I have some like 10+ year old Sand Paws so the rubber is EXTRA hard

Ok lets cut to the chase! The "spacers" I was talking about are really simple. They take a .9" thick rim and make it a 1.25" rim which the sand paws happen to like a lot more. I wonder why {EVIL sidewalls anyone }

Here's the finished product. No one say I have 2 screws in. I know that, I just slapped it together real quick for a photo and im taking it apart to fine tune everything ...

Daniel happens to be the poor test dude for the Sand Paw edition of rims... ah all in the life of research and driving

Hey Calvin-
My son, you know he is three. He made sure that I saw their was only 2 screws in the rim.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Oh crap he can count!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #40
RCC Addict

I am glad he can count higher than me !