Notices

Thread: DRV KRAWLER FOFF'en Formula Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
I am glad he can count higher than me !
So I can charge you for 4 rims and send you 2 and you won't know but the little genius can. Gee great Joking! Ill send all 4!

Turns out someone forgot to cut 4 spacers, I did 2... oh well its not that hard minus chucking the part up
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2011, 07:06 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Well I was informed by a Member that my thread was dead and in need of a update. Still waiting on $$$ , been having to spend it else where. Computer { PC died } and Wifey's vehicle launched the Transmission.

Anyway, received the TowerPro 995 servo and Aluminum Servo horn. I chose to try a TowerPro do to cost and also had read some Members here had go results. I really did not wish to spend the $$$ on a servo for this rig. I have spent HUGE $$$$ on my Crawlers, but I felt this does not really need it. I will be getting a CC BEC though to clean up the power going to it. { Also need to spend money on other items GEARS, LOCKERS, HUBS, ETC, ETC, ETC. }

So, here are a couple of pictures just to stimulate this thread :

DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

I don't think this thread is dead,,,,
West Cork Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Cork Basher View Post
I don't think this thread is dead,,,,
I appreciate that, I really am wanting to do more to it especially with the axles. Needing the Hardened overdrive Axial gears and the Lockers. One of the last sets of Original "BEEF TOOBS" are waiting in my toolbox.

I either need a Higher paying job or I could moonlight as a Male Prostitute. I would probably have to pay them though. If my Wife found out she would solve all of my money issues. I WOULD BE DEAD !

*** SPONSORS NEEDED ***
Old 12-04-2011, 03:58 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I appreciate that, I really am wanting to do more to it especially with the axles. Needing the Hardened overdrive Axial gears and the Lockers. One of the last sets of Original "BEEF TOOBS" are waiting in my toolbox.

I either need a Higher paying job or I could moonlight as a Male Prostitute. I would probably have to pay them though. If my Wife found out she would solve all of my money issues. I WOULD BE DEAD !

*** SPONSORS NEEDED ***
Some people forget that while your doing a live build,
you've got to order parts
Wait for the parts to arrive
Fit them
Take Photo's
Post on the forum

All the while keeping your

Wife / Girlfriend / kids happy , walk the dog .

and still have to go too work or collage ...

Old 12-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Some people forget that while your doing a live build,
you've got to order parts
Wait for the parts to arrive
Fit them
Take Photo's
Post on the forum

All the while keeping your

Wife / Girlfriend / kids happy , walk the dog .

and still have to go too work or collage ...

And then some ! ! !
Old 12-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Smile

It's my fault I need to work on the other 2 spacers and then this rig can move more. You want me to mount the tires for you so you don't have to

Be careful with the tower pro standard size servos. Mine were crappy but that's my experience. Hey who cares on an FOFF rig if it fails. It makes it more fun

Sponsors. Hm! I need sticker paper
Old 12-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
It's my fault I need to work on the other 2 spacers and then this rig can move more. You want me to mount the tires for you so you don't have to

Be careful with the tower pro standard size servos. Mine were crappy but that's my experience. Hey who cares on an FOFF rig if it fails. It makes it more fun

Sponsors. Hm! I need sticker paper
I think I can handle installing the tires, MAYBE !

As far as the wheels (Spacers) I can wait for one off design Pro-Line Sand Paw rims. Heck, I am going to have to do a section on this thread just on the wheels and tires.

Any of you FOFFER's looking for wheels for your Pro-Line Sand Paws in a true Bead-Lock . Look to Crawling Calvin, he is specifically building these for the Pro-Line thick Beads.

I realize the Servos are cheap. I figure for the price I can destroy one . I am hoping by using a CC BEC may help the life expectency. I may make a Servo guard out of some scrap Aluminum laying around.

For what its worth (0.02 ) Calvin your going to be getting free advertising on this Rig anyways.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I realize the Servos are cheap. I figure for the price I can destroy one . I am hoping by using a CC BEC may help the life expectency. I may make a Servo guard out of some scrap Aluminum laying around.
I used a spare T-Maxx servo guard , I had lying around...

Old 12-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
I used a spare T-Maxx servo guard , I had lying around...

Wild looking ride. I am digging the scale look. I have considered something like that. But, with the materials I have laying about, I will just probably end up something like Rowdy's. I have not desided as of yet, I will see what my Dremel produces.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:48 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Wild looking ride. I am digging the scale look. I have considered something like that. But, with the materials I have laying about, I will just probably end up something like Rowdy's. I have not desided as of yet, I will see what my Dremel produces.

Have a look at my full build thread..
Mad mAX-10..ProLine Tuber Cage Build.. - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board

Old 12-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:

Very nice build, I was specifically speaking about the servo guard. I did a quick couple of cuts on some aluminum last night. it should atleast protect the top of the servo case in a roll over.

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 12-05-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: edit
Old 12-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

DRV, very nice build.
My Parts list is the same as yours till the shocks, then you leave me for dead.

Looking froward to seeing arooster vid...
stewbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbaru View Post
DRV, very nice build.
My Parts list is the same as yours till the shocks, then you leave me for dead.

Looking froward to seeing arooster vid...
Stewbaru, I have not seen your rig lets see some pictures. I am curious about your comment about the shocks. What did you use ?

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 12-06-2011 at 06:24 AM. Reason: edit
Old 12-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Well I finally got a chance to post this up. Not a big update by any means but one none the less. Took a scrap piece of aluminum and made a (cover) for lack of a better word for the servo. I should stop spending money on my R/C stuff to by a better camera. NAH !

Old 12-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

No Build pics yet, hopefully over Xmas I';ll have some time to turn a parts bin into a build.

Shocks ATM are Traxxas Big bores 4" rears and 3.5' fronts.
stewbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Ok photos before they go out. It is my LOUSY version of how to mount these suckers
Ok step 1.
Put the ring on the tire. yes its a tight fit... that is the IDEA here

Step 2:
Take the 4 LONG screws and put them into the rim. yes i show all 4. I realized after the photo this was a BAD idea and had to take them out
[IMG]
From Downloads
[/IMG]

Step 3:
Carefully nest the bead of the rim into the slot. It is a pain but a little "massaging" can do wonders. Take your time here, the bead is THICK and HATES to seat... I warned you

Step 4:
Put all the OTHER screws in...
[IMG]
From Downloads
[/IMG]

Step 5:
Repeat... for all the OTHER rims

Main trick is patience... believe me it is a PAIN to seat but once it is in, it is in. Just don't over-torque the screws. Stainless screws are softer than black oxide and will strip {I know this FULL well... and these aren't cheap screws either }
Old 12-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Now I ask all of you, how many manufactures go to this extent to make sure you know how to assemble their product ? I can't wait to get my hands on these Calvin. These are never going to loose a bead. AWESOME ! ! !

All of you in the process need to contact Calvin about wheels, Especially with Pro-Line Sand Paws. Quite a few of us are using them. These wheels are purpose built, Calvin Put in a lot of time in development.

We have all heard the stories on here about the problems people are having installing paddles onto their wheels. Gluing, cutting all after loosing Beads. Well here is the solution.

Also little hint, he has all the specs now LOL !. ( At least for Pro-Line Sand Paws )

When these arrive I will get some pictures on here ASAP for all to see.

Thank You Calvin, I can't wait to send you another project HHHHmmmm ?
Old 12-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Talking

Quote:
Now I ask all of you, how many manufactures go to this extent to make sure you know how to assemble their product ? I can't wait to get my hands on these Calvin. These are never going to loose a bead. AWESOME ! ! !

All of you in the process need to contact Calvin about wheels, Especially with Pro-Line Sand Paws. Quite a few of us are using them. These wheels are purpose built, Calvin Put in a lot of time in development.

We have all heard the stories on here about the problems people are having installing paddles onto their wheels. Gluing, cutting all after loosing Beads. Well here is the solution.

Also little hint, he has all the specs now LOL !. ( At least for Pro-Line Sand Paws )

When these arrive I will get some pictures on here ASAP for all to see.

Thank You Calvin, I can't wait to send you another project HHHHmmmm ?
The big heavy bead on the sand paws is an asset and a curse all in one. Asset as in they shouldn't pull... PAIN as in they are a joy to mount main reason why they shouldn't pull out is they can't expand very much at high RPM which can stretch stuff really nicely. I know well from my old nitro truggy when that guy got going the tires swelled BIG time

Yup I got em specs down! Nice deep groove and a side relief and a bunch of other not to interesting crap! Now Saturday I should have my spacer block done for my mill and I can go check out how good it can make stuff again been way to long since my Sherline threw some chips... this is the last I did with it if anyone wants to send me a Christmas gift a 300+ GPH fountain pump is high on the list

130 GPH coolant pump - YouTube
Old 12-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #60
RCC Addict

UPDATE :

Received the Crawlin Calvin FOFF Wheels yesterday. And as most of you know they where specifically made to hold the beads for the Pro-Line Sand Paws. I am telling you their is no way that these will loose a bead. Time and Paitence is required because these are the tightest tolerance tire bead to bead lock I have ever had the Great fortune of putting together. All I can say is AWESOME ! ! !

Here they are fresh from USPS.

After first encounter with installation :

All four finally mounted: (ordered Vanquish SLW .725 Hubs today from TCS)

And last but not least is a huge THANK YOU CALVIN ! ! !

Any of you who are even considering building a FOFF, I am telling you these are the only choice out there. Calvins customer service is TOP NOTCH a true pleasure to work with.

I will post up more pictures when I receive the Vanquish Hubs.