Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Project Crawler. F/X 12005 (56K WARNING) Update 1/21

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2005, 10:58 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Project Crawler. F/X 12005 (56K WARNING, 8 pics)

As stated, I'll do my best to update as the project comes along. The Force housing 4-link pieces are in the near furture for the RC Crawler consumer. Just need to get the truck done and some runs on it to see if we need to change anything on the parts. One thing I might do is add more hole locations on the pieces for the lower link and shock mounts. Oh, and in reply to SuperDenk........ yes, they will come in their own jar of RC ALLOYS sauce with or without mushrooms, your choice :P
RCALLOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #22
Dirt Addict

Location: Stumblin' thru the parking lot of an invisible 7-Eleven

Awesome work.......as usual.
Jay
roktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:20 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Now Bill.
Dont Be Holding This Out On Showmerc Boys Too.
That Thing Is Freggin Awesome.
Nate
Xtremekrawler8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:19 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Default Tires/Wheels 1/21

Hello all
Well, decided to give it a go on using the Mega Force wheels. Narrowed them and made up some special rings for them to allow use of LST's and other Maxx tires. Currently have Savage tires on it as they were the only thing laying around to use. Now, I must admit I am a little nervous at how this all turned out. Overall width (sidewall to sidewall) is 16 inches and center to center is 12.437 which is only .437 wider than my TXT. Just looks VERY wide. My TXT is 15.500 overall width so this thing isn't all that much wider. Take a look at the pics and see what ya'll think. Average track width (overall width) seems to be 15-15.500 from reading other's specs on the board. Who knows, might end up doing something different to get it narrowed up. We'll see.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Project Crawler. F/X 12005 (56K WARNING) Update 1/21

Looks good.
I may have overlooked this in the thread....but where do you plan on mounting the batteries?
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:36 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Would you be interested in selling me some rings like that for my Mad Force crawler (with mad force wheels)? How much would it cost. I would really appreciate it if you could cause i want some maxx sized tires for it.
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:11 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Alrighty, figured out how to get my width down to a better number. Since I actually like the way the wheels turned out and look, I think I am going to experiment with narrowing the axle tubes. All that is needed is to take .250 of each tube, narrows the width by .500 which gets it to where my TXT is. Yippee, got the figure out. WAS going to get to work on installing the trans next week but that has changed. Seems anytime I want to work on my toys, people wanna order stuff. Ah, gotta make grocery money somehow.
Far as the Mad Force wheel mods and rings, no plans at all to offer these to the public. Too big of a pain to make and the MF wheels are a major pain to narrow, cut, machine, etc. Sorry

Last edited by RCALLOYS; 01-22-2005 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:14 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

I know that I've posted this alreay, but, man I love the clean look of that truck. I really dig that shot from the front, that's frickin' awesome.
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:18 AM   #29
Lifetime Gold Baby!

very nice...have you worked out how your going to mount the steering servo and linkage yet? should be interesting.
kingcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

why are you narrowing it, is it too wide for the rocks, cause the way it looks now is it looks perfect the way it is
pinkfloydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:26 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Currently the plan is to leave the truck at the width it is at now. Need to move forward and get the transmission installed because I have to design a few pieces to get that in there. Also have to make up all the pieces for the planetary unit too and get some driveshafts in it. Then the steering system will be looked into. Hopefully later next week I'll have pictures of the trans and planetary installed :-)
Old 01-22-2005, 10:41 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

sweet and good job, makes me want to get out and start another project
pinkfloydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Default Little Update: Trans Mounts

Hello all
Managed to get my upper tranny mounts done this afternoon. Nothing fancy, just something that was needed to get the tranny set in the chassis to work around. Will need to pull the truck apart to do some drilling for the mounts and other various items. Need to build up all the pieces for the planetary unit install then build driveshafts. As always, will do my best to update the post.

Last edited by RCALLOYS; 01-31-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:35 PM   #34
06 Super National Champ

Bill, ya dingleberry!

The idea is to LOWER the center of gravity.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:11 PM   #35

nice very nice i liek th txt in the background of that one pick you do some very nice work you could bea good parts maker or desighner you should look into that
e_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:13 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCALLOYS
Hello all
Managed to get my upper tranny mounts done this afternoon. Nothing fancy, just something that was needed to get the tranny set in the chassis to work around. Will need to pull the truck apart to do some drilling for the mounts and other various items. Need to build up all the pieces for the planetary unit install then build driveshafts. As always, will do my best to update the post.
Don't worry about the tranny! Work on a steering servo mount! We have projects waiting on these axles...
BoilermakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:39 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the replies and the snide comment from Jason . Working on a new idea for the tranmission in this project. Once that is done, yeeeeeeees the steering will be next. Have no clue when the tranny will be done so hang in there guys for new pics and info.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:37 AM   #38
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCALLOYS
Thanks for the replies and the snide comment from Jason . Working on a new idea for the tranmission in this project. Once that is done, yeeeeeeees the steering will be next. Have no clue when the NEW tranny will be done so hang in there guys for new pics and info.
Fixed that for ya. ;)
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Default Little Update

Well, as stated in the above posts......... went ahead and came up with my own idea for a transmission. Using some of the TXT tranny gears came up with a combo that will produce a final of 110:1 with my planetary unit installed. Room for tuning as well to gear lower if need be. Figured 110:1 is a good starting point as our TXT is 129:1 and works well. Not too slow, not too fast..... just right :-). So, going to finish up the transmission this weekend and get it mounted in the truck. Will post some pics then. This thing isn't super high tech, very bare bones and does what it was designed to do. Once the truck is up and running I may go back and tweek a little on the design to spruce it up a bit. Thanks for the interest and hope to get some update pics of the progress for the weekend, maybe Sunday.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:11 PM   #40
bendforthebone

That is so cool!!
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote