Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Project Crawler. F/X 12005 (56K WARNING) Update 1/21

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCALLOYS
...Also will have to machine the Force pinions to accept the Maxx/Revo driveshaft joints...
What needs to be done to the pinions? I thought the TF pinions were 6mm...
BoilermakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2005, 10:03 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

The Force pinions are 8mm so they'll have to be machined to what a Maxx pinion looks like. Probably will go for Revo shafts as that is what everyone seems to be using now. Gotta find out which ones I need, outboards I assume with the parts (u-joints) for the centers. We'll see.
RCALLOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:05 PM   #63

Man Bill, looks just like my twin project. Only mine is alot crappier and doesn't work as good.
bill_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:59 AM   #64
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
The Force pinions are 8mm so they'll have to be machined to what a Maxx pinion looks like. Probably will go for Revo shafts as that is what everyone seems to be using now. Gotta find out which ones I need, outboards I assume with the parts (u-joints) for the centers. We'll see.
TRA5451
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Bill

Make two sets and PM me price for a set for my project. ;) Please.
BoilermakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Talking

Pfffff Rookie, looks like he used a hammer and chisel!!!!! LOL

Great work Bill, looks killer!!!!

Mike
Mikey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:29 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Hammer and a chisel eh Mikey? Well, my "hammer and chisel" will be working on front steering later next week. Did get that pretty much figured out and it appears it will work. Rear steer will be a different story though. Will be closing up the trans case with Lexan to finish that off. Also got my REVO shafts and those hopefully will get installed soon too. Have to finally finish the output shaft, mod the pinions and make spools for the Force housings. Then driveline is done for now. Probably another month or so and this thing will be up and running if I don't decide to change a million things in the process. Thanks for the interest. Will try and post a video (short one) of the front steering when it is up and functioning too.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

Will this awesome creation ever see rocks, or will it be confined to a glass case with lasers around the perimeter.... . I think I've still got some claymores and stuff if 'ya wanna boobytrap it..... .....(JK).

Seriously though, with all the labor and creativity being put into it, it would be a shame just to get it all beat up. Then again, it would be a shame not to.
;)
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:07 PM   #69

WOW.
AWESOME.

'nuff said.
kbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:41 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMorrison

Seriously though, with all the labor and creativity being put into it, it would be a shame just to get it all beat up. Then again, it would be a shame not to.
;)

Then why build it?????????
Bill at least can see if he can break it !!!!!!!
it all goes back to the old saying "ITS NOT WHAT YOU BUY ITS WHAT YOU BUILD"
keep pushing the limits of our hobby thats what like to see just like JasonAugusta's scorpion........ Bills F/X the list goes on and on.......

As always Bill looking killer when you get it done and are tired of it you can ship it to me I'll take GOOD care of it for ya!!
twisted84toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Not to worry guys, this thing will see use, rocks, scratches, scars, dings, etc. Main reason for building is we are going to the Kentucky meet at Green River. Our TXT fairs quite well as a recreational crawler but it was decided to build one from the ground up. So, it will indeed get scratched up. Although the first few pieces of rock rash will more than likely make me cringe and mumble dirty words under my breath .
On another note, the front steering system has been invented as of last nite. Been tossing about 4 ideas around and Friday afternoon a 5th popped into my head and appears to work flawless on paper. Later next week I hope to get started on it. Rear steer as stated will be a different story but getting closer to figuring that out. Keep in mind my goal here is to keep steer servos off the axle housing and out of site best we can. If I keep at it this week the front steer should be done or at least in prototype form. Ordered some material, special little pieces and some other parts Saturday morning in hopes of them arriving next week sometime. Will definately keep all posted. Thanks for the ongoing comments, they are great!
Old 02-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #72

sweeeet. i'm really interested in what yer gonna do for steering, i'm sure it will be slick.

i love how everything is designed to function and not just be pretty. i definitely have to make it to gr to see all these awesome rigs. and i always cringe myself when something gets scratched, but then after that i try to scratch it more and more. lol.

i shot ya a pm bill. mpjet related.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 12:56 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

scratches are like dents,rust,and "blingy" wheels it all gives them character!!
twisted84toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Default Wee Little Update 2/6/05

Hello all
Worked today in the shop on some orders we have going on. Well, finished up in enough time to start on some of the steering pieces. Mind you I've only got one done today but am waiting on other pieces for all of this. Nothing fancy yet, just a little adaptor for my front steering servo. Will allow attachment of "something" that will assist in my remote location steer servo. Figured should throw some pics up just to keep all entertained. Later next week should have more pieces and parts built up for steering. :-) Don't worry, servo will be upgraded to a 200 in/oz unit. Just using the Hi-Tec for mock up purposes, I think it will end up for rear steer.

Last edited by RCALLOYS; 02-06-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:37 PM   #75

I dare ask, how do you secure the plastic wheel to the servo?
Calata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:09 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Screw?
Bill I'm dramatically waiting for more
Rikpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:55 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Default Weee Update 2/8/05

Hello all
Managed to finally get an output shaft done today for the trans and the Revo's test fitted. Also whipped up some servo mounts for front/rear steer servos. Probably will be late this weekend before I get any new pieces or pictures up. Few parts I ordered late last week will be arriving Thursday of this week so I can get back to the steering department. Did something new (again) with the tranny, didn't make another one don't worry. Just was playing around and laid it on it's side. Motor is now right smack down on the skid and the output is off center. Appears it will work out fine and help even more to lower COG. Getting closer
Old 02-09-2005, 02:17 AM   #78

Hey, bill, the truck looks awesome. I just noticed you are from St. Louis, me too. Do you know of any good crawlin spots. keep up the great work.

Wil
roll-me-over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:10 AM   #79
Rock Stacker

Im from STL too!. I have a few nice secret spots to crawl. Send me an email. Sorry for the hijack.
stlcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:00 AM   #80

Bill, nice work as usual. I'm interested in seeing where the steering goes on this project (literally)....I'm thinking remotely located servos with cable steering maybe??
superdenk is offline   Reply With Quote