Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 03:40 AM   #381
Rock Crawler

Hi John,
I am looking to upgrade the motor&esc in my fj45, its a 1/8 heavy beast of a thing and is currently running on a old rooster with a 550 motor. (probably came from a drill)
I want to keep the rig on 6 cells, but the current setup stalls to easily. Its already geared pretty low (highlift axles, buggy trans and rc4wd 2:1 reduction) but I could lower the gearing if needed.

Is something like a crawlmaster/sidewinder combo going to have more torque than a 550 or is my only hope to raise voltage and gear down? currently the rig just cant get out of a bind, and the motor gets fairly hot.

can you ship to nz?

Thanks
Leo

oh, I am kinda on a budget.

Last edited by Fracture; 02-05-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #382
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I do ship to NZ.

If you want to keep with 6 cells, you will have to gear down to get more torque from the average system. One option would be a 35t motor at zero timing. It might be a bit slower that what you run, but it would produce a bit more torque. Since you already run a 550 can motor, you should be able to run a Cobalt Puller motor. That would certainly give you more torque. The third option would be an outrunner like the Crawlmaster. On 6 cells you wont have much wheelspeed at all, it would be slow compared to the current motor you have. But, the torque would be a class above.

What is your budget?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #383
Moderator Rule Breaker

John I'm building a super,would setup for electronics be alright ?

vislero 2100

siderwinder

7t puller

cc bec

jr8711 servos
Old 02-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #384

I would use the 10t Puller and more battery if this is a shafty. What axles and tranny?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #385
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I would use the 10t Puller and more battery if this is a shafty. What axles and tranny?
tf axles, either pede or emaxx locked in 1st haven't made up mind yet. I was thinking the 7t for happy medium.But if a 10t will push this rig around better. what lipo then ? 4cell and up ? If so, then what esc since the max and sidewinder only go up to a 3cell.Also what should I be looking for on the continuous bust for this rig?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #386
Quarry Creeper

Ok, here's the specs:
Twin axles with XL's
Hyperion Z3013-16 thru a T4 stealth with a Mamba 25 and CC BEC
2 HT 5955's
Vislero 2100 3S

Seems to work great but I am new to the brushless game. What is the max temps I should watch for on the motor, and the ESC? I ran it for the first time last night and while nothing drastic happened the ESC did get a little warm to the touch, NOT hot, just warm. I just got a IR temp gun to verify the difference between warm and hot but want to know what to look for.

Any thing else I should pay attention to?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #387
Rock Crawler

Hey John,
did you get my email regarding an order? Should I resend it? I just wanna get a sidewinder/crawlmastersport combo, it wont let me buy through your site as I am in nz.

Will a sidewinder handle haulin a heavy, low geared rig with a crawlmaster, or do I really need a Mamba Max?

Thanks
Leo

Last edited by Fracture; 02-11-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:42 AM   #388

Default Lipo charger/balancer.

Hello John,
Quick question bout' a Lipo charger/balancer you carry, as I recall it's the hyperion EOSO606I....i think. Anyway, need to know if the balancing port has a hyperion/apache connection? I know it has a multi-port adaptor but, just want to make sure. Also, do I need to make my own charger to battery output plugs....and if so what or which one can I use?..gonna use it w/traxxas hi-current plugs. Can this be shipped UPS? thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #389
Rock Crawler

I may be getting a side winder in trade for a bad MM form castle. They wanna send me the 4600 KV combo. That's waay too much for crawling right?
It'll be my first BL so I'm in the dark. Still reading and searching. Any suggestions??
Old 02-13-2008, 11:51 AM   #390
Rock Crawler

Im converting my J2-TT rig to Brushless/LiPO. Im running a MM and wanting to know if Scorpion 2215-22 is the motor for me. I want to run a 3C Lipo. Hyperion EOS0606I is the charger i want to use will it charge the Vislero 1300 3s lipo battery you sell? Do i need a BEC if im only running a HiTEC 645MG?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrik View Post
Im converting my J2-TT rig to Brushless/LiPO. Im running a MM and wanting to know if Scorpion 2215-22 is the motor for me. I want to run a 3C Lipo. Hyperion EOS0606I is the charger i want to use will it charge the Vislero 1300 3s lipo battery you sell? Do i need a BEC if im only running a HiTEC 645MG?
With a 3 cell lipo you are best with an external BEC, no matter what the servo. The 2215 is a good motor, and will be great for a little lightweight outrunner. The hyperion 0606i will charge vislero cells too, they come with the proper adapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon7 View Post
I may be getting a side winder in trade for a bad MM form castle. They wanna send me the 4600 KV combo. That's waay too much for crawling right?
It'll be my first BL so I'm in the dark. Still reading and searching. Any suggestions??
The 4600 motor can't crawl since it is a two pole non sensored inrunner. Any outrunner would be better. The 4600 would work great in a basher though, like a stampede.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipilot View Post
Hello John,
Quick question bout' a Lipo charger/balancer you carry, as I recall it's the hyperion EOSO606I....i think. Anyway, need to know if the balancing port has a hyperion/apache connection? I know it has a multi-port adaptor but, just want to make sure. Also, do I need to make my own charger to battery output plugs....and if so what or which one can I use?..gonna use it w/traxxas hi-current plugs. Can this be shipped UPS? thanks
The balancing port is indeed hyperion compatable. I include an output cable with the charger, and you would just need to solder on your choice of charging plug. I generally ship usps, as the ups store is out of my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracture View Post
Hey John,
did you get my email regarding an order? Should I resend it? I just wanna get a sidewinder/crawlmastersport combo, it wont let me buy through your site as I am in nz.

Will a sidewinder handle haulin a heavy, low geared rig with a crawlmaster, or do I really need a Mamba Max?

Thanks
Leo
I will check through my email, I haven't had enough time to look through them in a few days. Very busy with school and shipping out orders lately. The sidewinder should take some pretty heavy loads for hauling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onespeeder View Post
Ok, here's the specs:
Twin axles with XL's
Hyperion Z3013-16 thru a T4 stealth with a Mamba 25 and CC BEC
2 HT 5955's
Vislero 2100 3S

Seems to work great but I am new to the brushless game. What is the max temps I should watch for on the motor, and the ESC? I ran it for the first time last night and while nothing drastic happened the ESC did get a little warm to the touch, NOT hot, just warm. I just got a IR temp gun to verify the difference between warm and hot but want to know what to look for.

Any thing else I should pay attention to?
I like to keep everything under 140 or 160f. They can all get hotter (except servos and batteries need to be 140f or under). If the rig starts cogging badly dont jam more throttle, pick it up and check it out. The m25 is small so you could damage it with the motor under too much load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
tf axles, either pede or emaxx locked in 1st haven't made up mind yet. I was thinking the 7t for happy medium.But if a 10t will push this rig around better. what lipo then ? 4cell and up ? If so, then what esc since the max and sidewinder only go up to a 3cell.Also what should I be looking for on the continuous bust for this rig?

A 10t would push a heavy vehicle around with less heat. I wouldn't go beyond a 3 cell lipo. The continuous will vary on your gearing and rig weight. I would want to use minimum a 2100 15C lipo, maybe larger.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #392
Quarry Creeper

hey jrh i was wondering what is a good power supply for the eos1210i charger i am looking at the ofna but not sure if it would work

thanks
chad
Old 02-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #393

Anything with 12-15v and at least 10 amps depending on battery that you are charging will work. I have not gotten into the power supply market yet, as the major suppliers sell at wholesale to the public. The best power supplies will be expensive. You might try to search RCgroups to see what they have to say.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:17 PM   #394
Quarry Creeper

thanks for the info jrh i appreciate it
Old 02-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #395

Default How longs the back order for Colbat puller 10t?

My rig is ready to go, less the motor, ESC and batteries. How long is the wait? If it too long I may go in another direction. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:10 AM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulapunchRacing View Post
My rig is ready to go, less the motor, ESC and batteries. How long is the wait? If it too long I may go in another direction. Thanks.
Just a few business days now. I have the motors in town, just waiting for the machinist to get done with them.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #397

Default Thanks, Can you set me up with some

lipo batteries and a charger for my rig. Let me know the $ and I'll paypal the funds, thanks again John
Old 02-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #398

Default adaptor for lipo balancer.............

JRH,
Does the Thunder power balancing adaptor (on your site) plug-in directly to the Hyperion EOSO606I. I just realized that my balancing adaptor is a TP plug not a Hyperion......................Thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #399
Rock Crawler

Holmes-
im looking at going brushless in my tuber. Right now im runnning an 55t lathe with 8 cells and a telkin esc, this is going through a 14t pinion and an axial tranny to TLT axles. Im looking to get either a sidewinder or mamba max esc and some sort of small brushless. the problem is space is at a premium in my buggy and the 540 JUST fits (and actually is a little too close to the chassis for comfort). ive been looking at the BM9, eflight park 400, and your Scorpion 2215-22. How does the scorpion compare to the other two as well as a 55t lathe?
Old 02-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #400
Quarry Creeper

this is a real stupid question but hey jrh on your hyperion eos1210i is it the hyperion eos1210i 30n charger on your site
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM