Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #441
Rock Stacker

Hi John,
I have tried emailing through your site a number of times over the last week or so and have not heard back.

I am wanting to order the Mamba Max/CC BEC/7t Puller Combo, it looks like there were still 7t Pullers available for preorder, is there anyway I can preorder the combo?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #442
I wanna be Dave

JRH,

I was wondering if the elite 1500 2/3 cells have enough capacity/amp draw for the puller motors or simular. It seems to me they may not and want to use one of my 8 cells in a 5 turn drag motor for the scale comp.

Am I correct or do I need to adjust the gearing to match the ability of the battery ? I want mega wheel speed and still retain my torque.

I can always go lipo in this rig but really dont want to hassle with waterproofing that also, and the sharing batteries thing.........
Old 02-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #443
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

For crawling the 1500 cells are fine. For pulling I would use two packs in parallel. Amp draws on the 5t will probably want to get past 60 or more in a hard pull (if you have that much load). But, for normal scale use it is plenty of power.

Without a data logger it is hard to say where the gearing will want to sit, but gearing down is never a bad idea.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon7 View Post
Thanks for your help on the bec wiring John. Now that I have bypassed the roosterce's BEC and am running it at 6V, can I run more than 7 nimh cells o rdoes the ESC's cell limit still apply? Wanna run 8 if I can but not if it will damage anything especially my $90 ESC! Thanks bro! You are a cut above the rest
I would stay with the factory recommended limit, although I have read of some guys running more voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl rookie View Post
You've got mail
Made a Gmail account like you advised
Cool, I will check it out in the morning and respond with the rest of the emails that I am two days behind on

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve01646 View Post
Hi John was wondering when u will have more Elite 8 cell packs avail there is one showing ont he website wanted to get 2 and a Castle BEC?
Thanks Steve
I will recount inventory when I finish up orders tomorrow afternoon. I might have a pack or two left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Boy View Post
Hey John, I am wanting to run a brushless setup in my 1.9 scale rig. I was wondering if I were to get an outrunner motor from you and run it with my mamba max with your 9cell (10.8V) battery if it would work for a good all around trail setup. Thanks for the help.

Motor: http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...&cat=19&page=1

Battery: http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...&cat=10&page=1
As long as you kept your gearing low the little GWS would work well. 8-10 cells would be perfect for the motor, but I don't have those flat packs in stock at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Ern View Post
Hi John,

I want to preorder a Cobalt Puller 7T. I tried to do it on your site, but living in Canada, it wouldn't let me

I sent you an email about it, but just wanted to make sure you get it. Please let me know the total cost (I emailed you my shipping address) and I will send you a manual PayPal transfer right away. Also let me know what email I should use to paypal you

I would prefer one of the cheaper USPS shipping methods.

Thanks!

Aaron
You have email, and have probably already paid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmhero View Post
Hey John, i have the Hyperion EOS0606I AC/DC Charger, will the built in balancer adapter work with a thunder power 1320mah 3 cell 11.1 lipo? if not what adapter do i need to purchase to make it work. thx. joe
You would need the TP (thunder power) multi adapter, and then you will be ready to rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlb3 View Post
Hi John,
I have tried emailing through your site a number of times over the last week or so and have not heard back.

I am wanting to order the Mamba Max/CC BEC/7t Puller Combo, it looks like there were still 7t Pullers available for preorder, is there anyway I can preorder the combo?
The combos are not available at this time, and will not be available until after all preorders have been shipped out. The current price is also not correct, as the motor has increased in price since I made the combo.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #445
Quarry Creeper

hey jrh,
i need a new esc, or esc motor combo....... i have a brand new integy v10 55t, r2 tranny, wk axles/locked w/cvd's, 2-jrz9000t servos for 4 wheel steer, dx3 radio, and running maxx sized tires. the truck has decent speed and torque, but bogs down runnin both the servos, and motor. I am assuming i will need a cc bec, and a new esc at least. i was lookin at your brushless systems but i dont want too much power to start breakin stuff.... what would you reccomend as far as just an esc, and also a motor/esc combo?

thanks for the help.....
Old 02-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #446

I would say a CC BEC will fix most of your woes. For an ESC the Sidewinder is fantastic for both brushed and brushless. For a motor, the Revolver Black is a nice decent sized outrunner. I should have them in about 4 weeks, and in the mean time you can run the v10 and have fun with drag brake.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:42 AM   #447
Quarry Creeper

thanks jrh i will be ordering a sidewinder and cc bec from ya within a couple days..... thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I would say a CC BEC will fix most of your woes. For an ESC the Sidewinder is fantastic for both brushed and brushless. For a motor, the Revolver Black is a nice decent sized outrunner. I should have them in about 4 weeks, and in the mean time you can run the v10 and have fun with drag brake.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #448
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
For crawling the 1500 cells are fine. For pulling I would use two packs in parallel. Amp draws on the 5t will probably want to get past 60 or more in a hard pull (if you have that much load). But, for normal scale use it is plenty of power.

Without a data logger it is hard to say where the gearing will want to sit, but gearing down is never a bad idea.
Thanks JRH,

Can you tell me the amp draw capacity on the 1500 elite's.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #449

1500's will burst and recover from 35 amps pretty easy. Anything much over 25 to 30 amps for more than 5 seconds starts to fade them down. With battery bars I bet you could get some 40 or 50 amp bursts off the cells pretty easily. The hotter the cells, the better.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #450
Rock Stacker

Hi john I have a question for you on the quark procar 33 and I believe your second generation revolver b/l motor it has a white label with your logo and a blue can anyway when i turn it on it doesn't give the last set of beeps until i move the spur and hold the throttle is this a motor or speedie problem ?
Old 02-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #451

The Quark needs a throttle blip to arm (or your throttle trim isn't centered to the ESC). Until you bump the throttle it wont give the last set of beeps.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #452
Rock Stacker

WOW thanks for the fast response you da man
Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #453
Quarry Creeper

John is one better then the other... the mamba 25 or sidewinder. I will be using a 45t brushed motor for now but will upgrade to brushless later. I plan to run around 9 cells. Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #454

Sidewinder is for you. The M25 wont take the 45t 540 motors.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #455
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, is the castle link on your web site for the sidewinder? If I was replacing the 45t would you recommend the crawlmaster 1000. I still want wheel speed and torque. thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #456

Yes, the Catle link on my site is for computer programming the Sidewinder. The Crawlmaster 1000 is a good crawling motor all around. You might have a reduction in wheelspeed from the 45t.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #457
Pebble Pounder

Hey John, not to be a pain but i had sent a question through your website a day or two ago and have not received any feedback yet. Did it even go through or are you guys just backed up?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #458

Just a bit backed up on emails, I haven't tended them today yet. I have been flying by the skin of my teeth the past week or so with school hitting hard at the same time as shipping out the 10t pullers.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #459
Quarry Creeper

Quick question I have 2 rigs. Both Axial, both stock trans, axles blah blah blah.

Rig #1 is running a mamba max, with a crawlmaster 850. Great low speed crawling, awesome torque.

Rig #2 is running a mamba 25 and an OG revolver. Great low speed crawling, awesome torque, UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE top end.

Both rigs are running stock spur gears, 15 tooth pinions, and indentical settings/throttle curves. But holy crap does rig 2 (my sons) out run my rig like mad. Top end wheel speed is insane. When you need to BUMP and throttle out, his rig gets it. My rig will spin em, but nothing like I would expect.

Should I be setting up my mamba max differently than a mamba 25 to get more top end out of it?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #460

The crawlmaster 850 is just a slower motor. You could use more voltage to get more speed out of it.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM