Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: SCRC Summer 08 Comp Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #41
RCC Addict

These preserves are HUGE, and touch a few different towns. The portion that the COMP is at is in Elk Grove Village.

From the South:

I-55 to I-355 North to I-290 North to
Beisterfield Road Exit at top of ramp turn RIGHT (East) to
Arlington Heights Road turn LEFT (North) to
First Preserve Entrance on the LEFT "Main Dam"
Follow Preserver road to the first left, and park near the bike path.
Walk WEST about 100 yards on the bike path.

From the North:

I-294 South to I-90 "to Rockford" North/West to Arlington Heights Road Exit. At the bottom of the ramp turn LEFT (South).
Cross Higgins Road and proceed to the 2nd entrance on the Right. "Main Dam". Follow Preserve road West to the first LEFT and park near the bike path. Walk 100 yards west on the bike path.

From the West:

I-90 towards Chicago (East) and Exit at Arlington Heights Road. At the bottom of the ramp turn Right (South). Cross Higgins Road and proceed to the 2nd entrance on the Right. "Main Dam". Follow Preserve road West to the first LEFT and park near the bike path. Walk 100 yards west on the bike path.

Simply, this area of the preserve is off of Arlington Heights Road between Higgins Road on the NORTH end of the Preserve and Biesterfield Road on the farthest SOUTH end of the preserve. The differnt entrances on the different sides of the preserve do NOT connect to each other. Luckily the comp is at a location/entrance that has MAIN DAM on the sign. At least we will know that we are at the right location by this marking.

xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Cool, thank you very much for the directions. If my junk is together by then, count me in.

Matt
BagoXCAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Just for the record, I found two more good locations in Busse Woods, both similar to the location seen in the map above, but both other locations do offer slightly different rock sizes and variations of terrain in between the rocks. All three locations I have found in Busse Woods have parking somewhat nearby too.
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #44
RCC Addict

So I have deposited 400 flyers between 4 different hobby shops....I hope that if even 1% of these end up in the right people's hands....it will hopefully increase COMP attendance....and maybe even SCRC membership. I can only hope for such a positive outcome.

Flyers are at:

HobbyTown St. Charles
HobbyTown Schaumburg
Venture Hobbies Wheeling
RC Hobbies Naperville

Staff at all 4 locations seemed pretty on-board/excited about the next comp series. I hope that it reaps all of us/them some positive results.

If you all know of a shop that will benefit from a drop off of flyers, please let me know, and if it is within a decent distance, I will deliver a stack. If the location is more remote, I can provide a local person with a copy of the Word File, and they can have some printed/delivered. Let me know.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Good work with the flyers

I'm looking forward to some comp action. I won't be able to make it to Jetboat's bash coming up, I just have WAY too much going on, but I will do my best to make every comp of the SCRC Summer Series.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Default Judges!!!!

We need to figure out a judging schedual.... Personally I think there should be 1 team for 2.2 and 1 team for super. 1 person needs to call penalties first round and then they need to switch (on each team) that way no-one can say the judge wasnt fair.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

I'm in for judging.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Default gates

Just FYI, I have plenty of gates... I made 10 A 10 B 10 C and I am currently making 10 D gates plus I have some left over from HT that have all sorts of stuff written on them
Old 06-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #49

i under stand im way behind so i have a couple questions was the comp at your place worth points and do our indoor points still cary over and im i still an scrc member (mitch irwin) well any ways i will realy try to be at the comp
backtrailzracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:41 AM   #50
MWRCA'er

Jetboats place was cancelled do to rain. Were on different season now (championship) Points from the indoor series should no longer count towards this new season.

I'll be at Busse, I'll bring the MWRCA crew.

I don't mind judging.

Will we be running both classes at the sametime?
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:37 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Mitch...Your Still a member, anyone that has Joined in the past is still a member but we are going to have to vote on Dues so we can get insurance so things may change.

The comp at my place was just a bonus comp, the club had voted to exclude it from the points. Technically it was Flooded out, it was bright and sunny at comp time but the course was 5' under water. It will be resched for later this summer. Im a little worried about Busse woods, since its along the shoreline but, there is just over a week till the comp, plenty of timre for water level to go down.

Mnster... not sure how we are going to run the classes. I have plenty of gates to run 2 at a time and Im sure at Busse there is plenty of room. I think judges may be what causes problems but, with you Volunteering, myself,Ced and Bob P we should have enough. Im going to need some help setting up the course for super class, dont know that I trust myself to set up a tough enough course.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Flooding should not be an issue at Busse, I will confirm this weekend at the latest.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Just got a letter from Lockport Park District giving the club permission to use the area for an event. They just want us to keep the trail clear and stay off the tracks.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:06 AM   #54

not gonna make it sat. i have no ride i split my bell housing on my real truck some how? but will still try to make it to the next one
Old 06-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

you realize its next sat (28th) not this saturday.... There are several people in the club from Naperville area, maybe we can set you up a ride, just need to know about where you live. And how the heck do you break a bellhousing!!!!

Last edited by jetboat; 06-18-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:53 AM   #56
MWRCA'er

My brother won't make it. Has to work till like 1 or 2 then he might be down.

Halfj-7 said he was going to make the drive. I figure that would be cool.

Maybe I can convice Soya to go otherwise it's just me.

I'm not picturing a large group at this comp but who knows. Either way you look at it there isn't going to be several super class trucks. The majority will still be 2.2's. Once we get there maybe we can figure out how to run them. Might run two 2.2's at one time. I'm pretty rusty on the new rules, I haven't scored yet since the change. But, I'll help you guys out to the best of my ability.

I need to get cracking on that new 2.2 rig. Really thinking about a Berg even though I have several axials and TLT's sitting around. My current 2.2 is dated.
Super is pretty busted up from Devils lake too. Either way it will be great to get out on the rocks with some fellow crawlers again.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

My 2.2 dig has to be rebuilt and the ecs blew up (more acuratly caught fire) down at the farm rain out so should be fun. Heck my super is barely a super and from the grumblings I am hearing, next yr it wont be allowed. And to top it off I leave in an hr for a long weekend so I wont have anytime to work on it till evenings next week.
Im thinking we will have about 20 competitors, although with as many flyers as Josh put out, who knows!!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #58

i live right past the naper blvd/75th innersection and the bellhousing cracked do to a rod knock that vibrated out 3 of the 6 bolts then it was just lack of support
Old 06-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Default Bent Pimp Cane

Looks like I won't be running a super at this comp, bent my pimp cane :-(
Didn't take much to bend it either Guess my driving style doesn't fit the pimp cane..... I could throw together another torsion-style rig I'm sure, but I'm thinking it's time to try something else.

I can't wait till next Saturday though, I'm really looking forward to it! If anybody wants to check out Busse prior to the comp let me know, I can meet you there. I will probably be down there at least once before next weekend to make sure my 2.2 is 100%
Old 06-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #60
MWRCA'er

Dang that sucks... I was hoping super class would be more full.

Nothing beats a TCS style Stick. It's just so much more predictable and stable.