Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: SCRC Summer 08 Comp Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 06:01 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

I'm actually contemplating the replacement of the "backbone" I have the aluminum channel, but I'm not sure I want to continue with the torsion style chassis, maybe I'll put something together just for this comp?

Who plans to run a Super?

Mnster
Jetboat?
??????
??????
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2008, 06:05 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Less than a week before the opening Comp of the summer series!!! Everyone please review the dates/times/locations at:

News & Events

This first COMP is Saturday 6/28....We hope all of you rock crawlers will be out there.

SCRC members, please arrive at 11:30am for the club meeting. This is an important meeting as elections for club officers will be held.

ANY competitior that is under the age of 18....please contact me via PM so that I can send you a LIABILITY RELEASE FORM that your guardian will need to sign and that you will need to bring to the comp. For those people over 18, the form will be available at the comp location.

This should be a GREAT summer series.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:18 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced RC View Post
I'm actually contemplating the replacement of the "backbone" I have the aluminum channel, but I'm not sure I want to continue with the torsion style chassis, maybe I'll put something together just for this comp?

Mnster
Jetboat?
??????
??????

Wahoo...2nd Place!!!!

We need a plan for rain... I know the general plan to run on Sunday, same time but, what about notification. Personally I think everyone should just plan to check this thread and their email. If it is a rainout we can send an email out but, I wont have access to the club email at the park.

Last edited by jetboat; 06-23-2008 at 07:21 AM.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #64
RCC Addict

I have internet ANYWHERE....so if need be, we can post to forums/email from the comp site. We can do everything possible to ensure that people are informed. Sort of like the posts that I did from the flooded country roads for the flooded FARM COMP. As long as we make those efforts, competitors should be happy.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 AM   #65
MWRCA'er

Quote:

Mnster
Jetboat?
??????
??????
Yeah not many people into the super trucks. I might be able to drag a buddy along. Zach might jump out of work early.

If you make it you could always sell it for something later.

I always check comp threads before I head out. This comp season should be great though. Just wish all the parts for my new 2.2 were here.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #66
Pebble Pounder

I'm in for Sat, me and my son are coming!
Ben ya better bring the CORR truck, I gotta see it run!
Hey Jeff i've got a 10x10 Matco pop up tent thingy i'd like to bring but don't know if it'd be alright with the park??

Last edited by bubbaracing; 06-26-2008 at 09:15 AM.
bubbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaracing View Post
I'm in for Sat, me and my son are coming!
Ben ya better bring the CORR truck, I gotta see it run!
Hey Jeff i've got a 10x10 Matco pop up tent thingy i'd like to bring but don't know if it'd be alright with the park??
The park district wants permits/money for tents/canopies etc, thanks for offering though!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 AM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Dang! Oh well had to ask! See ya there Ced!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:55 AM   #69
MWRCA'er

Yeah the Super is having weird issues. The gears are grinding or catching at random moments and stalling the axle. I think the gearbox just needs to be reshimed although there was a loud pow the last time I drove it. Should be ok though the aluminum gears can take it. I'll just have to tear it down to rebuild it after work tonight. Well and fix the damage I caused to the TLT at the last comp.

I'm thinking about bringing my bridge sections. They are helpful for getting up over and around impassible sections gaps, steep drops, holes ect and allowing the course to continue. Should I bother bringing them or is the terrain mostly flat like.

I'll bring the CORR truck.

Were are allowed to bring lawn chairs right?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 AM   #70
Rock Crawler

Go ahead and bring the bridge sections, may be useful depending on where we setup the course.

Lawn chairs are no problem.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Since the preserve district allows beer in cans, are competitors allowed to drink and drive? Or are we making SCRC events "family friendly" and making them "dry"? I ask this because this is a topic that has not been discussed. I did not read anything in any rules that disallow this, but the club may have an opinion on this topic. I am certain that I am not the only adult competitor that likes his beer on the weekends. But I also would not want to cause an issue.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

As a club I think we need to not condone alchohal consumption at the events. It posses too much of a saftey risk and as it is we are having competotors sign waivers. That being said, if you walk 50' away from the comp and its not your time to drive, then your just a patron of the park. To sum up what Im saying, dont drink at the comp or close to it but, we cant tell the whole park not to drink.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:20 AM   #73
Rock Crawler

I would prefer that ALL competitors were drunk, maybe I could actually win a comp this way So IMO xirtic you should start drinking as soon as you wake up tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

I have a LARGE selection of Axial parts that I picked up when HTU went under, Ill bring them with me so we can have some replacement parts available.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
I would prefer that ALL competitors were drunk, maybe I could actually win a comp this way So IMO xirtic you should start drinking as soon as you wake up tomorrow.
That is typically my Saturday/Sunday routine:

4:30am - Wake and take out the dogs
6:00am - Log into the work computer systems, and grab beer #1
7:00am - Walk the dogs (long walk) and enjoy beer #2
8:00am to 10:00am - Do work and enjoy beer #3

It is never too early for a beer. IF I could follow this schedule every day, I would. SADLY I am limited to just Saturday and Sunday. I look forward to some fun crawling tomorrow. I have not gone in a few weeks...so I gotta hope that I have some control. I think that I have adapted to the stick radio.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #76
MWRCA'er

Try to give me a 2 hours heads up if you cancel the comp. I know you guys live very close. I live like a hour and half away. Still only a 30% chance of rain which is good looks like its going to miss us going by the radar. I know last week it was the same forecast and the weather was perfect.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:38 PM   #77
RCC Addict

I know that the TRIBUNE is saying rain ending in the morning....then sunny. The rock/concrete is porous enough that an hour or two of dry ought to make it a good surface. I will have my laptop with me, so I will post if things look bad.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #78
Pebble Pounder

I'm most likely out now, but if luck goes my way i'll try to make it, might miss the 11:30 meeting but no worries. I really need to come so I don't get so far off in point's I don't have a chance! Ben i'm an hour and 15min from there so I hope it doesn't rainout either! I really want to check out the CORR truck bad! Jeff said he's bringin his brand spankin new Slash too so maybe a grudge match! lol
Old 06-28-2008, 07:17 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Im not actually bringing the slash, its being brought to me Im an hr south and its bright and sunny. Pack sunscreen and bug spray! Im aiming to get there about 11 to look the area over and see if I can figure out a course. Im thinking long but easy for the 2.2's.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:41 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

it's clear and sunny here right now, and i'm minutes away from Busse, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.... meteorologists still say there's a good chance for rain, increasing chances after 1pm.

just in case parking spaces become scarce, thought I should mention that
there's more area just down from the original area we have discussed, see map:
Attached Images