Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #7661

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
I'm going to sell my GCM60 axles after I finish up the delrin diff armor I'm making. So, if anyone is interested...

And that would put me at just under $3000 in R/C's sold this month. That's a lot of money. I didn't even sell that much stuff.. I guess that's what happens when people want to pay saydee1800 prices for some killer stuff. Haha. Just playin saydee. And, I still have enough rigs to play with whatever you guys do. Racing & scaling. Weird. Now, I'll have to play catch-up.
what all did you sell if you dont mind me asking?

i know you sold the drifter and c1, did you get like 1000 bucks each or something?
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #7662
Scale Detail Engineering

and the Futuba
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #7663
RCC Addict

I sold the rtr drifter, C1 FJ rtr minus rx, C3 project minus axles for a combined $2400. I expect the axles will pull in a large chunk.. Plus all the little stuff. Shit adds up quick. You don't really know until you sell it how much money you actually spent on R/C. Haha. It sounds like Jason will be finding that out soon.

But, I'm still interested in the stuff but, gotta take care of some other crap right now. I still have my C2 truck, stampede, sc10 & boat project for someday.

I'm working on some custom drift wheels, gcm diff armor, and I have some smaller r/c stuff to unload at some point. Meh
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #7664
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I'm thinking an old Honda XR and something to tow it with (Land Cruiser, 4Runner, Jeep)... Susan has already asked if I could keep it at Trey's house!
The bike or the truck?? ha. Things left at my house...must have keys left with them!
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #7665
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i dunno... all i know is i want a much simpler life and job. i dont care if there is less money, i want more time to enjoy my life.

i know very well after 14 years here that i wont ever really like city life and corporate culture. i'd love to have a job/career that makes me feel good and has some sort of sense of accomplishment or whatever.

first step i think is just to clear the clutter of all the crap i've accumulated over the years ive been here. i got sooo much stuff it feels like it'll be impossible to get rid of it all. unless i give it away or throw it away, and that just aint gonna happen.

i think maybe i'll start this weekend. i need to do inventory and organize all my stuff anyway.
yeah I know what you mean... I've got that a bit on my mind lately
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #7666
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
i dunno... all i know is i want a much simpler life and job. i dont care if there is less money, i want more time to enjoy my life.
Me too. The older I get, the more "free" time I want. Whether it's out with you guys on a Sunday, taking my daughter out for lunch, sitting on the couch watching tv with Susan or even just walking the dogs... especially after they almost laid me off.

I was like wtf, all the damn extra, unpaid hours I've put in, all the work I've won them and for what...? At least I had one manager that actually knew what was going on. But you'd like to think you're of some value to the place you work and not just a number.
Anyway, after they did that, now I just want to leave at 5.
Quote:
i know very well after 14 years here that i wont ever really like city life and corporate culture. i'd love to have a job/career that makes me feel good and has some sort of sense of accomplishment or whatever.
Susan and I talk about this... especially when I tell her I'd like to move to Portland and find something else to do.
She loves her job. She actually seriously makes a difference in peoples lives though.
My work, for the most part, is meaningless to the world as a whole... actually, damaging to the world except to a few people who rake in the profit.
I used to get a lot of satisfaction from the creation. It felt good to bust ass, working 15 hour days to meet some ridicules deadline. To say, I'm sorry kids, dad has to work... they need me.
But now... not so much.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #7667
Scale Detail Engineering

boy, we're a disgruntled bunch.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #7668
RCC Addict

Lets all quit our jobs, move somewhere and start a commune and we'll all have a job to do so we wont have to work.
Johnny can grow fruits, vegetables and weed...Chris can brew beer & other beverages and act as the town drunk, Trey can be small engines mechanic and can start on building the rock crawling course & trails and we'll charge $5 a head to come play, Jason is custom chassis fabricator and in charge of gathering the fine hunnies and bringing them into the compound, Chuck will be the manager of the little marshall's to make sure they are working hard.. Robert the town comedian, I'll be in charge of bartering with the locals and run the buy/sell/trade booth. I'm sure there are more jobs to fill.. Who wants in?

We can pull it off!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #7669
Scale Detail Engineering

Sounds fun!
I volunteer to bar tend 3 nights a week too.

I actually just clicked back in here cause I was gonna say,
Jason, let's set up a small shop and we'll turn out ad's, branding and marketing for Non Profit's: Homeless Shelters, Public Kitchens, Child Advocates, Mental Health Agencies, Free Clinic's and No Kill Animal shelters!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #7670
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
boy, we're a disgruntled bunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Lets all quit our jobs, move somewhere and start a commune and we'll all have a job to do so we wont have to work.
Johnny can grow fruits, vegetables and weed...Chris can brew beer & other beverages and act as the town drunk, Trey can be small engines mechanic and can start on building the rock crawling course & trails and we'll charge $5 a head to come play, Jason is custom chassis fabricator and in charge of gathering the fine hunnies and bringing them into the compound, Chuck will be the manager of the little marshall's to make sure they are working hard.. Robert the town comedian, I'll be in charge of bartering with the locals and run the buy/sell/trade booth. I'm sure there are more jobs to fill.. Who wants in?

We can pull it off!

WOW sure am glad I quit this club.

just joking

I find it also so easy to look at the negatives and feel sorry for myself.

It is much harder to see your positive and be humble. But happiness comes from being humble.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #7671
Rock Crawler

I'm the grease monkey...sweet!
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #7672

Quote:
Sounds fun!
I volunteer to bar tend 3 nights a week too.

I actually just clicked back in here cause I was gonna say,
Jason, let's set up a small shop and we'll turn out ad's, branding and marketing for Non Profit's: Homeless Shelters, Public Kitchens, Child Advocates, Mental Health Agencies, Free Clinic's and No Kill Animal shelters!
i would love that... would love to work for people that want to do good, and see my work and be able to be proud of it.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #7673
RCC Addict

This Sunday in Roselle? Scalers and Bashers?

This will be my last outing with you guys unless I catch some events during the summers when we are back up here. Out of town the next 2 weekends, packing the following 2 and leaving the 28th.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #7674
Scale Detail Engineering

Sounds good to me... but we still need a map. Or, just meet at regular Roselle and caravan to the new spot?

I swear Zero posted a map a couple weeks ago but I can't find the damn thing! Unless it was in a different thread... hmmm.

I can bring the Slash, Melons and Hera.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #7675

i'll most likely skip this one, although i would love to run the slash outside of the track.

might have to work, but really want to dig out all my crap and start selling it.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #7676
Pebble Pounder

I think I'm RC free this weekend. I'm taking my son to the onroad nats this weekend. That will probably be the closest to driving RCs that I get to.
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #7677
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Sounds good to me... but we still need a map. Or, just meet at regular Roselle and caravan to the new spot?

I swear Zero posted a map a couple weeks ago but I can't find the damn thing! Unless it was in a different thread... hmmm.

I can bring the Slash, Melons and Hera.
I'll see if I can figure out the location on google again when I get back
Old 08-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #7678
I wanna be Dave

Well since no one want to tell me the time, I guess that me "stay away"

place is close to Forest and Roselle road.

play nice.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #7679

i dont think anybody has decided a time.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #7680
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i dont think anybody has decided a time.
10 or 11 I would assume...

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame