Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Ford F350 HD All-Pro Expedition Pack Rack Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2015, 10:14 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ford F350 HD All-Pro Expedition Pack Rack Build

Thank Mike. I am sure it will be plenty. If not i'll throw it n my Losi XXL and get a better one later.

Finished the sliders and primed for paint. Wholly opposite of Heaven are they heavy. Forgot to put them on the scale but easily 3/4 lb. Ride height is perfect now IMO. I dropped 4mm in total Ride Height. I changed the back springs a while ago to compensate for the Bed Rack and they may have compressed a mmm or less. The Fronts are 2mm from bottoming out so i'll switch the springs out tomorrow.

I will be taking off the peeling stickers separating the body colors and putting a Gray pinstripe later. On the fence for color of the sliders. Black, Gun Metal or Orange? Opinions?

** I cut the Passenger Rear too short and the Driver Front is too long. No big. Good thing i mocked it up before paint.

Last edited by cmbscx10; 08-10-2015 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Further Details
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Not a whole lot of time to work on the rig tonight so just my new Servo installed.

** Yes the Servo horn is temporary.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #123
RCC Addict

Definitely coming along nicely!!!! You don't have to tell me about the weight of the sliders. This is the extra set I have. I like the ride height also.
Attached Images

Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Definitely coming along nicely!!!! You don't have to tell me about the weight of the sliders. This is the extra set I have. I like the ride height also.
Thanks Norton. The comments are truly appreciated.

I liked building my sliders but if they don;t work out i am going to hit you up for your spare set.

Sometimes it is the little things that get you irritated at yourself and sometimes it is a blessing. Take for example my Rock Sliders. They came out exactly how i wanted/envisioned. I bolted them up put the body back on to check for final mock up before paint and BAM!!! I was like how the FAWK am i going to change the batteries. Got pissed at myself for not thinking ahead and thought i can do it through the side windows but had to take the body off to take them out. I began to take the body off all flustered and forgot to take the front screws out. Went to lift the body off and it hinged at the front. I told you i had a pea brain. Now i have to figure out some type of pin to go through the back mounts. Probably a stupid small hitch pin would work i guess.

Short Story over with an onto the pics

I think this is enough clearance for now. I'm shooting for this weekend as a shakedown maiden run but lots of little items i want to do before then so who knows. I hate wiring. Oh and i will only be doing it in 2WD. The Front shaft will be on the next order of parts.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #125
I wanna be Dave

Looks good , Mike, the ride height looks fine. After you get things the way you want, you may want to make some fenderwells out of Cool Whip or Ziplock containers, they'll keep your electrics fairly clean while trailing.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:53 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Looks good , Mike, the ride height looks fine. After you get things the way you want, you may want to make some fenderwells out of Cool Whip or Ziplock containers, they'll keep your electrics fairly clean while trailing.
Thanks Mike. I appreciate the comments very much.

I do plan on "Hiding" the frame in the front and made the below for my SCX but i like the container idea to contain dust better. The rocks in my terrain are clean but the dirt leading up to them is basically powder so they would help a lot.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #127
I wanna be Dave

In the Axial SCX-10 section, I did a "Frankenstein" build, made up of extra parts I had laying around. The lexan body was even made from 2 different bodies. Check it out when you can, you'll see the cool whip containers I used, and they're trimmed to fit tightly inside the body, it'll definitely help to keep the dirt out
Old 08-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

HUGE brow wipe. Wiring all soldered up. Hate that part. Programmed BEC & ESC (Thanks Norton). Good thing the Traxxas Rx box is big for all the extra wiring i have. Ha! Ha!

I am in the home stretch now. I need to go to the HW store for cable organizers, screws and some odds and ends. Almost there.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Oops! Forgot my sensor wire and damn these big builds. Need a longer one by almost 80mm. For now i moved the ESC onto the Rock slider and will order one up on my next parts order.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #130
I wanna be Dave

WOW, Great job. Nice and clean chassis, ride height looks spot on and flex it damn near perfect for stock looking truck.
Can't wait to see video if you get a chance.

stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:26 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
WOW, Great job. Nice and clean chassis, ride height looks spot on and flex it damn near perfect for stock looking truck.
Can't wait to see video if you get a chance.

John,
I appreciate the comments very much. This has been one of the "Fun" builds. I am a video freak in my life. I get made fun of a lot for taking so many pictures and videos. My editing skills are less than desirable but i guarantee you will see a lot of videos from me.

I used one of my SR300 Receivers and it was not recognizing the throttle input but was the servo. My RC work area is upstairs and even with the AC on it was near 102degrees. I was sweating my man area off and i almost kicked the damn thing because i used the same receiver in my Wraith that i just traded. I walked away for the rest of the day and remembered i had a second one stashed away. Plugged it all in tonight, bound it and it worked.

1st Power Up Test. Please excuse the fan. Forgot it was on. Will button up ESC & Servo leads in the morning and install into the Traxxas Rx box and give her a quick maiden tomorrow.
** Sensor wire was too short so i had to temp mount the electronics until the replacement arrives.
">
Old 08-16-2015, 03:38 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

:l mao::lma o:

Maiden run = Major Fail!!

Grub screws didn't hold so i made temp ones and they failed. That's why we test run them right.

It only took 2sec to realize 2WD aint gonna cut it. I wasn't planning on ordering the Front DS yet but i will along with some Screw Pins. Wish the Punisher shaft accepted Screw Pins but don't so i will modify them when they come in. If the shafts last i may blow a hole completely through to accept a full size screw pin.

">
Old 08-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

I put Lock-Tite on mine when I put them in/on, and I've beaten the crap out of that punisher shaft on the rocks, and still in.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:05 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I put Lock-Tite on mine when I put them in/on, and I've beaten the crap out of that punisher shaft on the rocks, and still in.
I did as well and it sat for almost a week so the Loctite cured. I don't know. Never liked grub screws to hold a rotating item. Glad to hear the shafts at least take a beating.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:51 PM   #135
I wanna be Dave

While waiting for some parts i removed the pealing stickers, busted out the rattle cans and shot the Bed Rack. Thanks to Mike Flea for the color suggestion. This is the closest orange i could match to the body without a custom color and i wasn't going to spray it out of my gun. Once it finally cures i'll permanent mount it and the accessories.

Really bored i could not find a Scale 6ft Digger Bar so i made one. Still need to paint the Silver parts Black.
** 1/6 & 1/8 scale would have made it it longer than the bed so i went with 1/10 scale.

Last edited by cmbscx10; 08-18-2015 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Grammar Correction
Old 08-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #136
I wanna be Dave

This build is coming along nicely. Ready to see it all buttoned up.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
This build is coming along nicely. Ready to see it all buttoned up.
Thanks Szczerba. I appreciate the comments very much and thank you for letting me own the body. I am trying my best for my 1st build and so far i am very happy with the results. The Front DS and other parts should be here Thu or Fri so i am crossing my fingers for a real maiden this weekend and then lots of tuning.

All the "Scale" items i have are on permanently. I will be looking for an Axe and Shovel next. The few i have found and been given link to seem to "Toyish". I'd rather pay a little more than buy a Barbie looking thing. If you guys haven't figured out that Orange is my favorite color then you should have seen my Wraith. This has lot's and lot's of Orange but i am getting a little carried away so they next "Scale" items like a shovel, axe etc will be a different color i swear.

** Yes Taco i mounted the PT horizontally **

Old 08-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

^ That's coming along real nice , Mike, looking forward to more and the videos when your done
Old 08-20-2015, 09:15 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
^ That's coming along real nice , Mike, looking forward to more and the videos when your done
Thanks Mike. I appreciate the comments very much. Parts arrived tonight so threw some on. This is the first time in hundreds of orders that AMain forgot to ship something. The Screw Pins for the Drive Shafts. I'll try and hit up the LHS tomorrow.

Rock Sliders back on, Longer 300mm Sensor Wire, Cleaned up the final wiring and see if you can see a color change to an item on the Bed Rack. Sharpies work miracles. For the Hitch Pin on the back i am just going to use a wing nut for now.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #140
I joined the Band!

I think that I would have went with a roof rack with the cage also. This is a very nice build and has been a lot of fun to read along. Thank you.
twissted is offline   Reply With Quote

Ford F350 HD All-Pro Expedition Pack Rack Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 97 Ford Expedition EBMONSTER97 1:1 Full Size Vehicles 0 11-21-2014 01:36 AM
Neeley's 1/6 Ford F350 build Neeley Large Scale Rigs 24 10-25-2014 07:30 AM
SCX10 Ford F350 Crew cab build RCBreeze 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 04-19-2012 02:30 PM
drop bed ford f350 ( first styreen build) smedo 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 01-12-2010 01:43 PM