Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Ittybitty's MRC "Built" Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ittybitty's MRC "Built" Thread

I don't know about on 2S..I'll find out in the next week or so since I have a new batch of batteries on the way. I decided to step down in size quite a bit in order to fit them on this chassis and run it in bodiless form. I've never like bodiless minis simply because I like them to look clean and it's just really hard to get the wiring and battery clean enough...but I think I've done it this time
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #102
RCC Addict

I have not seen it with 14t yet or had the opportunity to drive it. But I'm guesing it would run about like the stock motor on 2s
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

I said I'd update with pics, but never did. I'm currently painting some panels up for this rig since we have a comp this Saturday and this will be the first time running it in bodiless form.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

That's a dam sharp lookin mrc their! The ti links with the ti sliders are sick!!!

Let is know how you an the rig make out at the comp.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #105
MFDesigns

that in one sexy lil MF'r.
good job on the links and electronics, looks clean. the only thing it might suffer on is roleovers so don't get on your lid.

good luck this weekend.
mfawv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

I think they all suffer with roll overs.. mainly the upper edge of the servo, at least for me..
it wasn't so bad with my 4.25" rovers but stock just leaves a little issue!

So don't beat ur unprotected servo up! .. cough cough..
Old 05-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

I've got the servo guard off of it still because I knew I would be running it with the body at our local comp tomorrow. The body protects it when it's on, and when it's not I've still got the VP guard...and it's gonna match up with the new panels really well.

Last edited by ittybitty; 05-17-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

This little truck is working GREAT now! The changes I made to the electronics placement and the lengthened front uppers made a noticeable improvement in overall performance at our comp today. We only had 2 of us there to compete today since lowridinjuggalo had some things come up. Luckily we got to run these trucks prior to it raining too.

Here's the scores...course 3 was awful

Old 05-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

I will have a few new parts for this rig on Monday. First off will be a set of narrower spacers for the wheels. I want to narrow all 4 of them up and see how I like it. Since I was ordering from DLux I went ahead and picked up a set of his rear weight holders. I have PLENTY of his weight rings here so I'll slice a few in half and this will allow me to put the weight further out in the rear wheels than my current weight setup allows.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Good job at the comp. The small turnouts in the 1.9 class are depressing to me.. I really like this class. :/

Anywho.. how narrow are you goin? I have really come to enjoy a .5" wheel on the mini.. gives good height an more psi to the contact patch... makes a stock rover right around 3.9" tall..
Old 05-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #111
I wanna be Dave

I'm going with the 1/8" spacers up front and the 1/4" out back. I'm currently running a stock 1.9 rover foam AND a full single stage soft foam inside my front tires. It creates a dual stage that has been working really well for me. I'd like to see if the narrower front wheel would allow me to run the single stage foam alone.

Although it's marginal...I also like the idea of a slightly taller front tire creating a little more of an overdrive effect too.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Just a quick update before Battlegrounds. I just finished installing my body panels since I received the new 2S batteries the end of last week. I also installed the DLux rear weight holders, but I still need to cut some more weights in half to finish up one side. The new batteries seem to have enough punch to get the job done. I haven't gotten them out on the rocks yet, but I shot some clips just screwing around here in my office to show the difference between the smaller packs and the Gens Ace 450 3S I was running up until now.

Turnigy Nano Tech 260mah 35-70C - 2S
http://s292.photobucket.com/user/cle...9c521.mp4.html

Gens Ace 450mah 25C - 3S
http://s292.photobucket.com/user/cle...6d55a.mp4.html

Last edited by ittybitty; 05-28-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Couple pics...

Old 05-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

I run the 300mah 2s an love them! I also switched from some 3s bats to them. A little champ of a battery!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
A while back another member here on RCC posted some motors for sale in the classified that got my attention. They had neodymium magnets and he claimed they were very smooth and had enough punch too. They didn't have labels on them so it took some searching to find them for sale online. I wasn't about to pay what he was asking for them ($35+) so if you bought one...sorry they only cost $8.50 .

The motors are intended for a helicopter and have replacement parts available. They also come with a motor spacer...which you typically end up needing in order to set the pinion up correctly on these rigs. I've been running this motor for a while now and have to say that I really do like it. It's got great low speed control and enough punch to do what I need. I was running the Insane before this and the only thing I liked about it more was that it had a tad bit more wheelspeed with the 12t pinion. Now...the benefit of the neo magnets shines here. The Insane would have burnt up with anything more than the 12t pinion if used regularly and run hard. These new motors run cool to the touch with the 12t so I stepped up to a 14t pinion to gain some wheelspeed and to see how they would handle the larger pinion. The 14t does heat the motor up and by the time I run a 450mah pack...about 15 mins...the motor is hot enough that you don't want to hold it for too long. I was running a 3S LiPo.

Sorry for the novel...but I thought it was time to share these with everyone now that I've had some run time on them. I've bought them from more than one place and had good results. You can find them here:

Modified 380X Brushed Motor [EHB005] - $8.50 : Xtreme Production Official Web Site, RC Helicopters Parts for Helicopters Accessory

I bought mine on Ebay for more than that. But either way thanks for being a douche and calling me out.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #116
E.Y. Designs

Congrats on the win today Ryan Seems like you like to cut it close in big comps... With tying for first at Nats last year and tying for first today

You got some parts waiting for you when you get home
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Congrats ittybitty by taking the 1.9 in Battlegrounds! Good job, not even close one
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
I bought mine on Ebay for more than that. But either way thanks for being a douche and calling me out.
Well now they know it was you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Congrats on the win today Ryan Seems like you like to cut it close in big comps... With tying for first at Nats last year and tying for first today

You got some parts waiting for you when you get home
Thanks Everett. I was hard on the little truck at this comp after being a little shaken up on a 2.2p run so I had no idea I was near the top in the points until they announced it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarizi Tech View Post
Congrats ittybitty by taking the 1.9 in Battlegrounds! Good job, not even close one
Thanks Samu!

Last edited by ittybitty; 06-03-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #119
RCC Addict

I realize that brushed and brushless are two different worlds, but how does that motor compare to a Novak setup? Speed, power, and precision? I've got a Mongoose right now, but want to go to a simpler setup. Two power leads to an FXR or B1R has to be simpler than 3 and the sensor wiring running to my ESC. Not to mention, I have to fix the broken sensor lead and put new bearings in my motor now anyway...
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Well now they know it was you...
Ya, thanks for your concern. I could care less as I am not embarrassed or ashamed. I'm not even going to get into the numbers, but even if I was given them for free they are WORTH what I was asking for them.

You would have never found these motors if it wasn't for my time and effort spent testing all the combos that didn't work, finding these, testing them, having others test them, and finally posting a few for sale. You continue to piggyback off of others, and even when you piggy back off my efforts in finding suitable mini motors, you still feel you must speak down to me and the few people that bought a motor from me. That makes you a bitch in my book.

Now for why you are a hypocrite. You ran/run (no idea of your current state of affairs or desire to know so) your hobby store. If I am not mistaken, it was a for profit retail enterprise, correct? One in which you buy a product from a manufacturer or their distributer, and then resell at a value greater than your initial purchase? I'm sure you were just about to post all of your profit margins for all the RCC customers to see.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote

Ittybitty's MRC "Built" Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~" Rc4wd's RCX TIMBERWOLF "~ Built by Run2jeepn run2jeepn 2.2 Scale Rigs 118 02-23-2011 06:38 PM
MRC "motor noise" and L-trail chassis "drive shaft" joeel Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 03-04-2010 04:38 PM