Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Ittybitty's MRC "Built" Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Ittybitty's MRC "Built" Thread

Well I didn't think I'd start a build thread for this rig, but I had a few people ask about it so I figured I'd throw up some details and such. I picked the MRC Pro up from a fellow member here along with the Losi Brushless system and a Hitec 645MG servo.

I started by ditching the brushless system and going with the Castle Creations Sidewinder Micro and picking up several brushed motors to try out. I just prefer a brushed motor. I had a small issue with a Crawler Mafia motor, but these things happen. The next motor I tried was the Losi Slider motor which worked pretty well, but ran extremely hot no matter which gearing I tried. Today the Losi Insane motor showed up along with some new Associated pinions which are MUCH BETTER than the Mini T pinions. I like the power and low speed control of this motor and it also seems to have good braking as well.

Here's a list of the parts currently on this rig:

Electronics:

Hitec7950TH Servo
Castle Creations Sidewinder Micro ESC
Losi Insane 370 Motor - LOSB0837
Castle Creations BEC - East Coast RC, ecrchobbies, RC Rock Crawlers.
Heavy Duty 20awg Y Harness Monobloc - East Coast RC, ecrchobbies, RC Rock Crawlers.
Futaba 604 RX
Sky LiPo 2S 800mah 40C Batteries - Sky Lipo 800mAh 7.4V 40C for 800mm RC Planes and Blade, Walkera, Esky CX Helicopter

Suspension:

Infectious RC Titanium Chassis Plates - Infectious R/C Titanium MRC chassis plates - **UPDATED**
Bent rear lowers - LOSB1416
Stock shocks with MRC Silver springs all around
DLux shock/link mounts front and rear - DLUX FAB

Drivetrain:

BWD Motor Plate - MRC Pro Billet Motor Plate
60t Spur - Stock
11t Pinion - ASC21157
Traxxas Villain Yokes - TRA1539R x 2
Traxxas Half Shafts - TRA1951 x 1
Overdrive Pinion Mod - TRA7079
LCC Aluminum Knuckles - LOSA1035
LCC Aluminum C-Hubs - LOSA1039
LCC Ti-Ni Kingpins - LOS1518
LCC Inner and Outer Front CV Shafts
DLux Knuckle Weights - DLUX FAB
  • 4.5oz on each side

Wheels & Tires

DLux 1.9 Wheels - DLUX FAB
  • .5" Front Wheels
  • .7" Rear Wheels

Vanquish Products 725 SLW Hubs Front & Rear - East Coast RC, ecrchobbies, RC Rock Crawlers.

FRONT FOAMS - Crawler Innovations Lil Nova Single Stage SOFT Foams - East Coast RC, ecrchobbies, RC Rock Crawlers.
REAR - Crawler Innovations Lil Nova Single Stage MEDIUM Foams - East Coast RC, ecrchobbies, RC Rock Crawlers.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ittybitty's MRC "Built" Thread

Pics...

I've got the RX decased and heat shrunk and mounted along with the Y Harness and BEC mounted to the front upper links using a lexan tray.

The new Traxxas shafts are HUGE by comparison...shouldn't have any problems out of these!

Last edited by ittybitty; 01-05-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm still working on getting a little more steering out of the front end, but I'm held up until I get a different front servo/link mount so that I can move my front upper links around so the tie rod can go up and over the axle housing and keep it from binding on the current servo mount.

I listed the part numbers for the individual parts to do the LCC conversion, but I bought them all together in the LCC Rear Steer Conversion which saves you a bunch of money and is part number LOSB2046. I went ahead and installed the aluminum knuckles and c-hubs though.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Looks great man! Look forward to seeing it in action at the comp this weekend.
limited77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Good looking rig, it should do quite well!
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I forgot I'm also waiting on the 2mm hardware to replace the socket head screws that bolt the axle halves together with button heads with nuts on the backside to make things more rigid.

What kind of weights is everyone running at each corner on their rigs? Before I did the LCC conversion and swapped to the DLux wheels I had 4.5oz in each front wheel and 3oz in each rear I believe. Now I've got 4.5oz on each front corner, but nothing in the rear. I'd like to add a little to help the suspension settle in some situations.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited77 View Post
Looks great man! Look forward to seeing it in action at the comp this weekend.
Looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
Good looking rig, it should do quite well!
Thanks...it's getting there...just need some good drive time on it to adjust to all of the new changes.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
What kind of weights is everyone running at each corner on their rigs?
I run my rigs heavy, I like how it settles them down and makes them feel more "planted". I'm running as follows:
Front wheels/tires/foams = 7.9 oz each
Rear wheels/tires/foams = 6.3 oz each
With my battery up front, it balances nicely just at the front edge of the skid.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Thanks...that's the info I'm looking for...anyone else got an opinion?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #10
RCC Addict

If I could be allowed to toss in some cautionary advice. You are running the traxxas marine yolks right?. I had the same and the plastic around the brass at the yolk broke loose during a comp and during a turn or a load I went to 2wd pretty quick. I went to MIP's and have not looked back yet.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
Wanna get? Gotta want.

That car is looking sharp! Very nice!

Sorry if I was a bit short in PM earlier. I have really been stressing trying to get everything out this week so I have been jamming through the PM's too.

Thanks a bunch for the support!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Looking good Ryan... What's the white ring on your right rear lockout?... Rear weight holder?
Gear Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Looking good
I orderd up the marine yokes to do the traxxas shaft confersion but while I was waiting I just cut the "ears" off the traxxas shaft made a rectangle hole to take the losi yokes then drilled a hole to run a screw thru. Been holding up great (and Im still waiting for the marine yokes to turn up)
Nik
Nik6189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:22 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
If I could be allowed to toss in some cautionary advice. You are running the traxxas marine yolks right?. I had the same and the plastic around the brass at the yolk broke loose during a comp and during a turn or a load I went to 2wd pretty quick. I went to MIP's and have not looked back yet.
I'm gonna run em til they give me a problem...and at that point I'll probably put another one back on. I really don't like not being able to get parts on short notice for items like driveshafts. Thanks for the heads up though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
That car is looking sharp! Very nice!

Sorry if I was a bit short in PM earlier. I have really been stressing trying to get everything out this week so I have been jamming through the PM's too.

Thanks a bunch for the support!
No problem Erik...I know you've been extremely busy with the parts you make along with building a nice Super rig as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer View Post
Looking good Ryan... What's the white ring on your right rear lockout?... Rear weight holder?
Thanks! Yeah I've been messing around with some ideas to put a little weight on the rear corners to get it to settle quicker and to keep the back end from passing the front end on downhills.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I figured that's what they were... I've been thinking about doing something similar. Are you running just the ring or bolting more to it?
Gear Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

That ring is just a nylon collar. I was looking at making it a press fit type deal and then drilling and tapping it to accept two 3mm screws and then cutting some brass washers in half and attaching them to the collar. I've got something much better cooking now...
Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Looking good man
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Those first pics were super dark...here's some brighter ones...ignore my ghetto tie rod and phillips head hub screws. I'm working on getting some black allen head replacements for front and rear. I moved my rear upper links up a hole on the rear and it really seems to have planted the front better on climbs. I still need a little weight on the rear corners, but it's acting much better now.

I also tore the front end down again last night and clocked the front axle up a little for a better driveline angle and then had to reposition the c-hubs on the DLux mounts to gain some caster back. I'd like a little more, but I can't do it until I mount my servo in the center and run the tie rod up and over the axle. The tires get into the servo hard and the tie rod binds up when I clock them back anymore than they are now.

Last edited by ittybitty; 01-06-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I wanted to let everyone know that East Coast RC has 5 of the MRC Pro's NEW in the boxes for sale. Visit the site by clicking this link East Coast RC, ecrchobbies, RC Rock Crawlers.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

where did you get the knuckle weights? ive been looking for some...btw are those the hotracing knuckles? did your tires both steer outward with the stock tierod!???
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote

Ittybitty's MRC "Built" Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~" Rc4wd's RCX TIMBERWOLF "~ Built by Run2jeepn run2jeepn 2.2 Scale Rigs 118 02-23-2011 06:38 PM
MRC "motor noise" and L-trail chassis "drive shaft" joeel Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 03-04-2010 04:38 PM