Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: ECX Barrage upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018, 12:19 AM   #181
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: ECX Barrage upgrades

BrakeWeight, nice job on the body/bed lowering and clipping 1.5 coils off each spring. I've got one of these two and have a bearing kit and have also been contemplating it, over a cup of coffee is the best way!

I've driven mine twice, it needs smaller pinion gear to crawl well. I'm going to flip tranny like Harley did, the motor is running opposite of what it should, it's got some advance in the brushes, red dot is supposed to be positive. 2S lipo will work on stock ESC, I'l move battery forward and down too.

Last edited by Natedog; 04-10-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2018, 05:04 AM   #182
I wanna be Dave

I didn’t know that about the motor. I’ve got an HBX Devastator that I disassembled and never put back together. It’s he same tranny as the Ibex and Sumo. It’s waiting to go in whenever I get motivated again to take it back out of the box. I really would love a new body of a Toyota Land Cruiser from any year or some sort of military vehicle.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #183
I wanna be Dave

Motor looks very similar in size and shape to

NSR King (long can) motors
NSR - Professional Slot Cars

Slotit Flat 6 and Boxer (long can) motors
Slot cars and accessories in 1/32 scale Performance Universal Spare Parts

Wonder if the press on 1/32 scale slotcar pinion gears are same pitch as the Barrage spur gear?
Old 04-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #184
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Motor looks very similar in size and shape to

NSR King (long can) motors
NSR - Professional Slot Cars

Slotit Flat 6 and Boxer (long can) motors
Slot cars and accessories in 1/32 scale Performance Universal Spare Parts

Wonder if the press on 1/32 scale slotcar pinion gears are same pitch as the Barrage spur gear?
hey Nate, it's Todd. I moved to CO!

I used slot car pinions on a Losi Micro Crawler so they should work on the Barrage.
Shape_Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #185
I wanna be Dave

Hey Todd, I saw that, very nice change of locale! Good to hear from you!

Good to know, what brand did you use? 1/32 scale mostly don't have adjustable motor mount, therefore they change the diameter and gear tooth profile to make all the pinions and spurs mesh properly. 1/24 scale have adjustable motor mounts so the gear pitch is more 'normal'.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #186
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hey Todd, I saw that, very nice change of locale! Good to hear from you!

Good to know, what brand did you use? 1/32 scale mostly don't have adjustable motor mount, therefore they change the diameter and gear tooth profile to make all the pinions and spurs mesh properly. 1/24 scale have adjustable motor mounts so the gear pitch is more 'normal'.
Hmmm. I dont recall the mod pitch. I want to say it was Parma brand but my brain is fuzzy from all the years in Wackyfornia..
Old 04-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #187
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, I'll take the gears to the shop with me to verify what fits and post back when I have time. This place can do that to ya.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #188
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks, I'll take the gears to the shop with me to verify what fits and post back when I have time. This place can do that to ya.
If you look back on this thread, I think I talk about the mod pitch and place I bought the pinions.

Shapeshifter's Fungi Scorpion
Old 04-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #189
I wanna be Dave

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but the Barrage pinion and spur are the same as the losi micro crawler 0.3 Mod 1.5mm bore

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #190
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but the Barrage pinion and spur are the same as the losi micro crawler 0.3 Mod 1.5mm bore

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Perfect. And the place I ordered them was MicroAntrieb in Poland. It was easier to order from them a couple years ago. Last time I tried I couldn't get any English emails from them. In fact, last time, now that I remember, I sent them paypal money and they never accepted it.

I hate when this whole "career" thing gets in the way of my hobbies...
Old 06-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #191
Rock Stacker

Has anyone tried stuffing the barrage into a 1/24 model kit body? I’m kind of eyeing this Hilux, that the box claims is 195mm in width, vs the 220mm listed for the barrage... but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone attempt such a stuffing before. Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jwwolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #192
I wanna be Dave

Default ECX Barrage upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwolf3 View Post
Has anyone tried stuffing the barrage into a 1/24 model kit body? I’m kind of eyeing this Hilux, that the box claims is 195mm in width, vs the 220mm listed for the barrage... but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone attempt such a stuffing before. Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for it. 808 stylez.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #193
Rock Stacker

I think I'll give it a shot, Amazon is so great w/ returns that if it is an immediate bust I won't have lost too much. This time I successfully provided a link below.. might try to find something cheaper but worst case scenario can just chop the bed off and make a honcho style rear end..

https://www.amazon.com/24-sedans-LN1...=revell+toyota

hopefully I'll be back next week with an update
Old 06-05-2018, 09:15 AM   #194
Rock Crawler

You could always get a bed off a standard cab kit and extend the wheelbase. You could make a long bed crew cab!
R.Billy Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #195
I wanna be Dave

I finally dove off into my Barrage today. I’ve had it since the first of the year but haven’t done much at all to it until today.

I pulled the stock servo and RX/ESC combo. Replaced them with an MG90 as well as a 10a XYZ ESC. I’m using a dehoused Rx from one of my Axial products.

I also pulled the side trim off of the flat bed while I was at it. Used an O ring to hold the ESC on top of the servo, stuck the Rx to the underside of the cab, and mid mounted the battery. I want the body as low as possible and there just wasn’t enough room for the battery on top of the servo so mid mount was the best I could do right now. I also trimmed the fenders just a little bit to make the lines flow as well remove the sharp corners where the tires make a little contact. The side trim and Rx/ESC was about the same weight as the battery if not more. I can get a weight if anyone cares.

WHY IS THIS THING SO FAST!?!! It’s ridiculously tall geared and scoots around a little slower than my brushed 1/24 Losi Micro SCT. WTF? I may try putting the HBX(sumo) tranny in soon.

Also, the outputs for the LEDs on the original Rx looked to be set at 5v. I’ll see what I can scrounge up to make them work again.

I ordered one of these a few days ago. The mounting points are different but I think I can make it work. It’d be cool points for the long pointy stinger.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZD...t-4-link-frame

Old 06-05-2018, 09:28 PM   #196
I wanna be Dave

I pulled the 10t pinion out of a servo and once I got the Barrage tranny removed i realized I didn’t want the hassle. BTW, the tranny looks like a tiny SCX10 tranny. Supercool. I’ll save it for something later.

So in this went. I’ll wire it in the morning.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #197
I wanna be Dave

There’s a DDT 90t on fleaBay.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:05 PM   #198
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
I finally dove off into my Barrage today. I’ve had it since the first of the year but haven’t done much at all to it until today.

I pulled the stock servo and RX/ESC combo. Replaced them with an MG90 as well as a 10a XYZ ESC. I’m using a dehoused Rx from one of my Axial products.

I also pulled the side trim off of the flat bed while I was at it. Used an O ring to hold the ESC on top of the servo, stuck the Rx to the underside of the cab, and mid mounted the battery. I want the body as low as possible and there just wasn’t enough room for the battery on top of the servo so mid mount was the best I could do right now. I also trimmed the fenders just a little bit to make the lines flow as well remove the sharp corners where the tires make a little contact. The side trim and Rx/ESC was about the same weight as the battery if not more. I can get a weight if anyone cares.

WHY IS THIS THING SO FAST!?!! It’s ridiculously tall geared and scoots around a little slower than my brushed 1/24 Losi Micro SCT. WTF? I may try putting the HBX(sumo) tranny in soon.

Also, the outputs for the LEDs on the original Rx looked to be set at 5v. I’ll see what I can scrounge up to make them work again.

I ordered one of these a few days ago. The mounting points are different but I think I can make it work. It’d be cool points for the long pointy stinger.
[url]https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZD5YX8R2M/1-24-crawler-bumper-set-4-link-frame[/breaklol url]

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180605/acbdbdee5fe4eb7ab3f7ebbcd8e54c22.png[/IMGbreakinpurpose]

Be sure to come back with some pics if you get that tringer mounted- pretty amped to see how it turns out!!
Old 06-06-2018, 06:14 PM   #199
I wanna be Dave

I got the HBX tranny wired up and it's a lot slower. A whole lot. There won't be any wheel speed to get out of THOSE situations but I think it'll do nicely on some technical 'scale' terrain. The servo feels like overkill and that's good. I need to tidy up the wiring some and I wanna splice the LEDs in somehow. I may just try an old servo plug and see if they don't burn up with that.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #200
I wanna be Dave

I cleaned up my wiring and spliced on a servo plug to the LED leads. So far so good and no burnt lights yet just plugged into the 3rd channel port of my Rx.

ECX Barrage upgrades - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best First Upgrades - ECX Barrage Mancub Newbie General 89 05-16-2018 06:44 AM
Ecx barrage trail armor upgrades nerby149 General Scale Talk 3 01-23-2017 12:46 PM
ECX barrage Cpyonker General Crawlers 7 12-21-2016 09:18 PM