Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #541
Rock Stacker

hey i am a newb. i have a WK and have allready made it a tuber. i am from northern California (Placerville). i love wheelin and i personally think it heps with the rc crawlers.
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #542

Default Newbie from Finland

Hi all, I´m Jani and I live in Finland. I started RC Crawler hobby last year.
I had a 18" WB Stick, but I sold it away and currently I´m waiting for the Hustler SE to arrive.
I´m also looking for a new 2.2 tuber and Fatdog is one of my favs.

What I do for living??? I have a RC Distributing company and store here in Finland, so I think I can say I´m totally hooked.

Thanks for the great site.

Now back to read and learn.

Jani

Last edited by GarageJ; 02-08-2008 at 11:48 AM. Reason: add
GarageJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #543

Default Videos?

I'm kind of getting the itch to get a crawler but would like to see some videos of some "in action". Can anyone point me to a site where I can view some?

Thanks in advance!

Cobra26
cobra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #544
Quarry Creeper

Question Shock F-350

What is of best lenght for F-350 shock,110mm or 90mm?
RoadKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #545

Hey Ya!
Iam a Noob to Rock Crawling!
Iam Blake, from Nashville,Ill
Rig of choice is i dnt have one yet, iam designing one right now
Thought i put this in

See ya!
Blake
Hrnts69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #546

Hi my name is Pete and i come from over the pond in the UK:-P

I have had a Inerbeecrew mission for a couple of years now and a F350 high lift to past the time when i am not a pit bitch for the young lad who races nitro 1/8 truggy and monster at national level

here are a couple of pics

now i am waiting for the hustler chassis,2 MM esc's,cc bec to be delivered. motors? and don't know what axles raptor2(like the black) or integy spool axles?will be running lipo11.1v 2500mha and Nomadio sensor
mgtpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:33 AM   #547
Rock Stacker

Newbie here. Jason from Marshalltown Iowa My crawler will be the Scorpion.
Focus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #548
Rock Stacker

Yeah, I guess I have been here long anuf that I should post something here. My name is Dave, I reside in Sparks, Nevada and I have been building an ax-10 based crawler. Started with Chassis plates and axles, everything else is pretty much custom. Can't wait to get it out on the rocks and see what she's got!
ANUFSED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #549

Question

Hi, My name is jason and i'm from the uk but am moving to Australia within the next month or 2,

i dont have a crawler yet but been into rc vehicles for over about 20 years.

i'm searching around the site to find what is best.

so i'm looking for help from any guys that have been crawling for a while. what class is best? why?

Basically this is a project i wanna start when i get out to Australia and really just wanna build the ultimate crawler.

any help would be great, thanx
bigjay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #550

Talking

helo fellow crawlers, my name is Tim,friends call me speedy (go figure) i am DEFINATELY a newbie to crawling. i run an axial w/ r2hd and tons of mod's,also a goliath w/extension. i live in toledo,ohio i,m the president of a r.c. club here REVOLUTION RACING 40 or so members and growing fast. anyway i started in off road racing, raced micro electric in the winters, now i own an indoor race track in toledo where we now do rockcrawling. we have a couple courses our newest is very impressive. we have a fast growing group of guys here and would like to get some info on rules and course spec's if possible with the permission of the website post some pics of our place. in the summer where our off road track is we plan on having a nice outdoor course. i hope i'm not posting on the wrong thread if so sorry guys my brain is like a ROCK
speedy t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #551

Default Noob!

Hi Im Jeff, 34, from CT, My friends call me Steeda-

I have been into RC for about 20 years, Always 1/10 cars and trucks, I started with a Tamiya Super Champ, then Used to own:
Big Shot
Boomerang
Blackfoot
Hornet
Mauri Buig Bear
Clod Buster

Now I run/Own:
Jammin mini CRT- Converted to brushless- Novak 8.5, Spektrum radio, The thing screams, it's faster than my:
HPI Savage 25- Stockish Basher- My first nitro ever, i love it.

I am really interested in crawling, and have been looking for a TLT based 2.2 Rig for a while. I want something that is a good starting point and go from there. I like competing, i run the Brushless CRT on an indoor dirt track and will run the savage in Monster truck classes .

I also used to drag race a 1:1 Mustang, which made 740 to the wheels with A single turbo and an A-4 Blocked 347, i have owned 4 mustangs and none were stock. I got divorced and sold it all....

I have been into cars/RC forever, i like the people and friendships and competition of it all. I can't afford to race 1:1 anymore, so RC it is.

I also have a Honda VTX 1300 motorcycle, which is pretty much what I do allll summer. Now ill try to fit in Crawling!

I have a TLT based crawler and just picked up a 2.2 clod- now to see which one works best for me!
SteedaJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #552
Quarry Creeper

Hey all...new here also..This is an awesome and informative site!! .I got an AX10 for Christmas and its my first rc build ever...pretty cool to build it yourself

here it is...

Altho im not new to crawling...

first jeep

second jeep

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #553
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjay29 View Post
Hi, My name is jason and i'm from the uk but am moving to Australia within the next month or 2,

i dont have a crawler yet but been into rc vehicles for over about 20 years.

i'm searching around the site to find what is best.

so i'm looking for help from any guys that have been crawling for a while. what class is best? why?

Basically this is a project i wanna start when i get out to Australia and really just wanna build the ultimate crawler.

any help would be great, thanx
Welcome to RCC!!
There are several crawlers from Aus on the forum here.
Check out the Axial AX10 section for a great crawler kit that is very competitive out of the box, with a couple easy mods. Lots of factory parts availability, as well as lots of after market goodies
2.2 class is by far the more popular class right now, they're cheaper, and IMO easier to maintain.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/
Also check out the Regional section for info on the Aussie crawlers.
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy t View Post
helo fellow crawlers, my name is Tim,friends call me speedy (go figure) i am DEFINATELY a newbie to crawling. i run an axial w/ r2hd and tons of mod's,also a goliath w/extension. i live in toledo,ohio i,m the president of a r.c. club here REVOLUTION RACING 40 or so members and growing fast. anyway i started in off road racing, raced micro electric in the winters, now i own an indoor race track in toledo where we now do rockcrawling. we have a couple courses our newest is very impressive. we have a fast growing group of guys here and would like to get some info on rules and course spec's if possible with the permission of the website post some pics of our place. in the summer where our off road track is we plan on having a nice outdoor course. i hope i'm not posting on the wrong thread if so sorry guys my brain is like a ROCK
Welcome to RCC!! Tim.
TSC (Tri-State-Crawlers) are your guys, have you checked out the Regional section?
I know there's several guys in OH. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ohio/

As for rules and spec's, those can be found here: www.USRCCA.com
Our governing body United States Radio Controlled Crawler Association.
As for posting pic's, you can post them directly if you're a contributing member of RCC, which has other benefits as well.
Info here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/payments.php
Or you'll need to use a photo hosting site to link pic's to RCC.
Photobucket works well.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #554
Rock Stacker

Hello everyone, My name is ray and I live near Fresno, Ca. I don't have a crawler yet but I've been into R/C for 18 years. Currently (rc12L, LST2, and a brushless rc18T converted to sprint car.) I'm looking at an AX-10 for starters. I really love the scale builds you guys do.

Also I'm currently working on my 70 K5 blazer 1:1

Last edited by Tryker46; 02-23-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: premature submitting
Tryker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #555
Pebble Pounder

Hey everyone, little new to crawling, not to rc, my name is Derek, i live in Washington, seattle area (woodinville if your know where that is). ive watched this site for months and months and finnaly got my own crawler, ax-10, love it. had it for a month or so now, made some bent links, integy 55 lathe, rear steering, mounted links inside of chassis, the regular "cheap" mods to it so far. as i said im not new to rc, i have a old tamiya f-150, evader st pro, e-maxx, revo 3.3. I also have 2 boats a plane and a heli.
RcFanatic92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #556
Pebble Pounder

What's up everyone? My name is Gabe and I'm from the central Mississippi area. I've been in rc for a few years now but just got my first crawler. It's the ax10 with the xtrail chassis. I like the site, it's pretty cool. Got a lot of searching to do and I'm sure questions to ask.
Crutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #557
RCC Addict

Default noobie

hi,
new member from new zealand, i currently have a clod tuber which started out as a 1:6 new bright jeep clod scaler.I will rebuild jeep with more scale axles poss ax10 when tuber sorted.great site heaps of infomation.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #558

im new to RC. Not to 1:1 though.

Looking and trying to decide which RC to get.
slravene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #559

Ill get some 1:1 pics up soon.
slravene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #560

hey all...another canadian guy to add to the list.I'm not new to r/c cars but i am new to crawling. I've been driving r/c's since i was 6 and i'm now 22 so i got a few years at this. i have been on a few year hiatus though. Lookin forward to getting into some crawling.

I play with cars still...i currently own 2 camaro's(an 84Z28 with an LS2 swap underway and a 70 1/2 split bumper camaro that's backhalfed..this one is a serious project)Oh and i live in ottawa ontario
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote