Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #561
Pebble Pounder

Hi all,New guy here from Mid-Missouri.I have been out of R/C for about 5 years (quit to race full-size dirt track cars) Before i quit I raced every R/C class except 1/8 on-road.Ran mostly at Real-R/C in Pleasant Hill Mo.Seen a Axial Scorpion in a R/C mag,bought one and now im hooked!I am very competitive in nature so I am sure I'll get a chance to meet some of you guys at comps in the future.
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #562

Default Wow..

guess I am a newbie ! These rock crawlers are bad . Makes my old RC 10 look like a complete bucket. I think that the coustum 4 link set ups are the ticket for me. I would really appreciate any info on where to climb and maybe go where I could check them at work. I live in southern california. Anywhere around there would be cool.
sWITCHBLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #563

Default newbie

hey my name is kyle i'm from gold bar washington i 'm here to learn and purcase crawler's.
rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #564

Hi, I have been into Rcs off and on for years. Few months ago I saw the Scorpion and I had to get one. I have done tons of 1:1 wheeling around Colorado and Utah. I am heading to Moab at the end of March and looking forward to bringing my ax10.
I look forward to meeting many of you on the rocks.
pressurepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #565
I wanna be Dave

Default Hello

Hey All--- The name is Kevin. I'm pretty new to RC Crawling but I have a 2.2. It's a totally custom (used to be) TLT Max Climber. Looking forward to getting into some local comps.

Later
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #566

Hey, I been lurkin around here for a while when I was researching my options for getting into crawlin...so here's my info:
I started RC'n bashing around with an original Blackfoot when they where new. Then I took a break while the kids where little and Uncle Sam sent me around the world. Then I got into bashing / racin' nitro offroad when the T-Maxx came out. Which gave me a pile of spare parts that I allways thought I could do a homemade maxx-crawler.
Last month I bought an AX-10 and love it! Iv'e discovered a whole 'nother aspect of the hobby to learn!
Heavy Metal Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #567
Rock Crawler

Hmm, I'm not really a noob anymore but I don't think I've ever posted here.

I'm a 31 year old, married, no kid's, 2 dog's and a cat. born and raised in Washington state
I own a small buisness and have been in and out of R/C for a few years. I got into crawling with them about 3-4 year's ago but didn't do the internet thing....found RCC a couple years ago then started competition's about a year ago.
I've also been into 1:1 wheeling for year's and have had everything from a sidekick with yota axle's to a built wj w/ Atlas t-case and 9inchs.

Hope all the noob's enjoy r/c crawling and this forum as much as i.

Jason
H3RESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #568
Rock Stacker

didint even see this haha well im not new to crawlin or rc cars i have a revo 2.5 and have been crawlin for about a year or so and just waiting for my Axail looking around for one still but anyways heres my jeep
and my first rig!

Last edited by ZJ Jarod; 03-07-2008 at 10:29 PM.
ZJ Jarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #569
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ Jarod View Post
didint even see this haha well im not new to crawlin or rc cars i have a revo 2.5 and have been crawlin for about a year or so and just waiting for my Axail looking around for one still but anyways heres my jeep
and my first rig!
Nice Zj, you ever go to Mallcrawlin.com? Here's my old WJ, just sold it to a guy in San Diego.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #570
Rock Stacker

Yea im on mallcrawlin and nagca and some other fourms, but why did you sell that wj that thing is hecka nice!
ZJ Jarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #571
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ Jarod View Post
Yea im on mallcrawlin and nagca and some other fourms, but why did you sell that wj that thing is hecka nice!
Had it 3 year's and got bored....moving on. I'm planning on a Brute next.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #572

Default Newbie

hello to all
been crawlen now for for four months now and im fully hooked . its a bitch
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #573

Hey everyone I'm new to crawling. Im attempting to build a mini crawler right now. Its going to be around 1/18th scale so I can just play around with it in my apartment. Glad to be here and ready to learn a lot!
Azngtboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #574
Rock Stacker

HI, this is nikhil,n im from windsor ON canada, im going to get my first crawler axial ax10, but i have yokomo n hpi drift cars, both nitro n e- rustler.
it after visiting this site, im looking to step into crawling. lots of cool stuff. love it n keep it slow n rolling.
biotoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #575
Rock Crawler

Hey everyone, Rob from Calgary here. I've been looking at crawlers for awhile now and finally bought this one. The "Spider" from Unitek.

Not sure yet if I'll try to use this chassis and fine tune it or just scrap it and toss the axles, driveshafts, gearbox and links on a proven chassis. I've already spent many hours reading stuff on these forums and have to say, I'm learning a lot. Thanks for starting and maintaining a great site.
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #576
Quarry Creeper

Hay, I'm a new guy from Pittsburgh, PA, and a complete noob when it comes to anything R/C. I've learned a lot from reading this site, and haven't asked any noob question on this site (I've been using the search).

I'm in the process of building an AX-10, or should I say, waiting for parts to arrive, so I can build my AX-10.

Anyway, this is a great site and I'm having fun learning about crawlers, and can't wait to get mine up and running.

Steve
Stburr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #577
Rock Crawler

Hey out there! Not new to RC but a rookie crawler. First we modified a WK and got it working pretty well. Then I picked up a Scorpion for my son, something we could just put together and go. What a machine! Now there's another Scorpion and the WK has been sold. Our first comp is in Denver on the 30th, can't wait.
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #578
RCC Addict

Newbie here: I'm Dewayne
Rig: AX10
Live: Fallon

I’ve been lurking & learning on this site for a while now, so i joined.
I use to tell my wife, I landed my rig back on its wheels by luck, now after RCCRAWLER tips, cheap tricks / parts guide
Need some driving tips for comps? You know you do. run2jeepn
Now, i tell her, I planned it that way
This site is awesome...soo much info....it will make your brain hurt

New to Rock Crawling, but not r/c
I've been rappelling off rocks for years.....now, I can’t stop bringing the rocks home
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #579

This is a newbie question I've tried search and haven't found an answer I saw a picture of a crawler with a motor mounted on both axels. Is that a stock crawler or just a great home build It says you can use a dx8 control and it looked real interesting Any info would be appreciated Thanks
poppamac70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #580
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppamac70 View Post
This is a newbie question I've tried search and haven't found an answer I saw a picture of a crawler with a motor mounted on both axels. Is that a stock crawler or just a great home build It says you can use a dx8 control and it looked real interesting Any info would be appreciated Thanks

What you saw was a clod crawler, clods have axle mounted motors, that is theie trade mark so to speak, thay are modded just like every other crawler on the market, with the clod you do not have to worry with tranny or drive shafts and gives you a few more options as far as chassis layouts.
JBHardwear is offline   Reply With Quote