Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 05:55 AM   #1541

Red face Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hey all,name is roly(rolie) from oz,newbie to pc's.crawling and obviously this site I have a dumb as Q., hope someone can answer...does a crawler motor (55T)need an esc that is specifically designed for crawling. I have not had anything to do with rc for about 8 yrs and so much is new to me, back then where I'm from they didn't even have crawler motors at the rc shop, so I have much to learn.
roly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #1542

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

New guy from Illinois here. I have been in and out of the R/C scene for over 25 years. I have played with them all, cars, buggies, trucks, boats, planes and even a heli or 2. I have been out of the scene for a little over 10 years and just had a chance to buy a Ax-10 off a friend and jumped on it. I have had a few 1:1 scale trail rigs over the years and now into Polaris RZR's, so it seemed natural to pick up the Axial. I have tons of questions and like to mod and come up with my own stuff, so here goes......
6gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:05 AM   #1543

Can no one answer this very basic question ?, perhaps I need to explain why I have /or a perspective of the ...I'm sure, a dumb ass Q. I' ve only dealt with motors from 27 turns to the lower no.eg 15 turns 12 turn etc. I have just taken out the drill motor out of my slightly hopped piece of ...t buggy, turned sermi-crawler truck and replaced it with a somewhat ,apparently more torque orientated motor ,being a 55 turn RC4wd branded, and found it to perform like a complete let down.?, and I'm thinking I might not be able to use an esc that I used for a21 to say,.. 15 t motor ,which mind u is not exactly a new one but before I jump the gun and accept that maybe after 7 years its just to old, that maybe it's just wrong for the application, either way it would explain a lot because so far I've replaced everything but the vehicle itself , which I do admit will have to be done but (5 kids !!!? ,my noose is pretty tight),so does a rock crawler motor require a specific ESC for more than 27 turn???? and.... HEY!! new guy 6 gears, BET u have plenty of knowledge as variety is a great teacher. thanks 4 reading from roly down under ..zero flame character.love it all!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #1544
Rock Stacker

Been lurking for a while finally decided to join now that I have a reliable Internet provider. Been building and running Rc vehicles for over 20 years. Current stable scx10 honcho, which is hands down my favorite, ax10 tuber, traxxas slash, tamiya touring car and my sons stampede. Looking forward to making connections with others to crawl with in my area as well as more ideas for the never ending modifications.

Last edited by Carolina Scaler; 01-03-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Carolina Scaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #1545

Default Re: new crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwraddr View Post
new guy here from ct, got three scx10's so far-the first is a lifted 1970 ford with 2.2 super swampers, the second is a 1979 ford extended cab on 2.2 mud slingers and the third is a k5 blazer on 1.9's. always looking for new ideas, and i've gotten a lot from this site
Post up some pics.... we all LOVE pictures.
I personally would like to see your 70's Fords
Interested to know if you 79 is lexan or ABS?
THX_138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #1546

Quote:
Originally Posted by roly1 View Post
uhmm... where does one go after the intro (that surely no one but other newbies read as they intro themselves), to get answers to dumbas questions ???? sorry but I drive trucks a little better than pc,s. ....flame me if you want, but help me work this sh.. out and barewith me cause I'll come good eventually. ooohh., if theres anything lost in translation in that last part ,...it's, maybe an aussie term for I'll work it out eventually!!
Welcome to RCC!

You simply go to the rest of the sections on the forum and post your questions and comments and pictures.

Just use common sense and ask tech questions in tech sections, share information in appropriate sections, ask Axial questions in the Axial section not the Kyosho section etc... Just common sense.

Avoid the Cool Truck!, Nice work on the build!, Wish I had one!, Sweet paint job etc.... those posts will be deleted... too many of them and you will receive an infraction for post whoring.

Your best stop next would be the Forum Rules atop the Home page and also atop the first page of every section there are section specific rules in the "Stickies". Take some time and familiarize yourself with the rules first and it will not only help your avoid warnings and infractions, but will also help you learn more about the forum and what makes good productive posts.

Oh... and don't forget to post pictures!.... we all love pictures... LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!
THX_138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #1547
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by roly1 View Post
Can no one answer this very basic question ?, perhaps I need to explain why I have /or a perspective of the ...I'm sure, a dumb ass Q. I' ve only dealt with motors from 27 turns to the lower no.eg 15 turns 12 turn etc. I have just taken out the drill motor out of my slightly hopped piece of ...t buggy, turned sermi-crawler truck and replaced it with a somewhat ,apparently more torque orientated motor ,being a 55 turn RC4wd branded, and found it to perform like a complete let down.?, and I'm thinking I might not be able to use an esc that I used for a21 to say,.. 15 t motor ,which mind u is not exactly a new one but before I jump the gun and accept that maybe after 7 years its just to old, that maybe it's just wrong for the application, either way it would explain a lot because so far I've replaced everything but the vehicle itself , which I do admit will have to be done but (5 kids !!!? ,my noose is pretty tight),so does a rock crawler motor require a specific ESC for more than 27 turn???? and.... HEY!! new guy 6 gears, BET u have plenty of knowledge as variety is a great teacher. thanks 4 reading from roly down under ..zero flame character.love it all!
Hi roly1.....I don't normally come in here, but figured it was time to stop by.

No, people are not ignoring you.
You have 5 kids, I only have 2 (one is on here as well.....), I can feel your pain & lack of time.

As to ESC's, most ONLY have limits for low turns/winds, NOT too many.
Older ESC's (I have some from the early 80's....):
1-Don't have drag brake
2-May not have reverse
3-Don't have LiPO LVC's (low voltage cutoffs so you don't over-discharge your packs)

Run what ya brung, do some searching on better ESC's when you are ready. Holmes BR-XL, Tekin FX-R, Castle Creations all make good crawler ESC's.

As to motor turns, when in doubt, up the voltage.....

I may not pop back in here soon, but feel free to look around and post where it seems correct.

Oh, and welcome to RCC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #1548

Hello! An Olahoma Rc Basher here. Some friends told me about a big RC crawler fest in this state that goes down every year so i got to get me a crawler soon so i can play too! Im looking at a Night Crawler right now.
mccollom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #1549

Thanks heaps mate , (charlie-III),and I keep forgeting about the time difference,but hey all good,thanks 4 the welcome and like everyone keeps saying ..great site!!.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #1550

okay thanks 4 the tips THX 138..and your patience,taking points onboard,.. moving right along now,
Old 01-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #1551

Give us the general info:
Who you are?chase/weemanch
What kind of rig you have?stadium max,electric rustler,HPI on road electric
Where you live?erie,mi
weemanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #1552

sounds like a AA meeting... my name is jake and i live in fort leonard wood... i started with a venom creeper now im into scaling. i have (ofcourse) an scx10 and its starting to look pretty sweet with that old proline humvee body that they discontinued. anyways WHAT DOES RCC STAND FOR? yes im sure its something obvious but we were all here once upon a time...
RCstuffdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCstuffdude View Post
sounds like a AA meeting... my name is jake and i live in fort leonard wood... i started with a venom creeper now im into scaling. i have (ofcourse) an scx10 and its starting to look pretty sweet with that old proline humvee body that they discontinued. anyways WHAT DOES RCC STAND FOR? yes im sure its something obvious but we were all here once upon a time...

yes i realize rccrawling but im entering a site with "answer the qeustion" and i was denied
RCstuffdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #1554

My name is Sonny AKA Mr.Tek

I live in Kuwait right now.

Im rocking a axial Wraith. Steel and aluminum links Custom hand made.

And aluminum side panels again hand made. Lowering links and differnt gears.
Mr.Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #1555

My name is Channing. I live in Arlington, Texas.

I do 1:1 Crawlers, and drive a Suzuki Samurai. Im a Member of the Dallas/Fort Worth chapter of Texas 4 Wheel Drive, and im currently on the Board of Directors.

I have an Axial SCX10 which is a mutt made from spare parts I bought off a friend. I also have a Losi MCR Pro thats currently broken and awaiting new electronics. I also have a Slash 4x4 for my Go Fast needs.
chansuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #1556

Just wanted to say hello/introduce myself, my name is Stephanie and I have been lurking for about a week or so now.

I ordered up a Jeep Unlimited body from Proline and look forward to building it up to be a RC Crawling version of my 2011 Mango Tango JKU.

I go offroading with the Jersey Crew and have recently broken my right leg and am unable to drive for a while so this will be my new addiction and entertainment.

Lots of good information on here, and some really incredible builds. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice!
Swooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #1557

john from etowah tn i have a berg
skinner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #1558

Hey all,
Glad we have a site like this. I've been lurking for a while and finally bought my Losi Mini Crawler in October. I've done a few of the free mods and now I'm starting to get into buying stuff for it. I hope to soon get a Losi Night Crawler so I can go on some big stuff, but the MRC is quite capable. There is a lot of information here so I'm just reading through trying to take it all in. Hope to see some of you soon.
Oh and I live in Tomball Tx, and I've seen some posts about a crawing site here in town at a local park. I work in town so on my lunch break I'll be going down there to check it out and maybe do a little crawing if I have time.
Stephen
ScoobaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #1559

What's up everyone? I got to play with a Losi crawler today at lunch and now I want one! I'm glad I found this board.
lightningdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #1560

Hello all, Ken here. from Massachusetts.
I started out with rc helis but decided i needed something do on days when i couldn't fly, so i got a stampede, then decided i couldn't live without a summit, and went crawling over everything i could find, i heard about rock crawling and saw a article about the xr10 and said thats for me!
I did a budget build and couldn't be more pleased with the results. Oh a few things need changing but i don't plan on competeing so its a great starting crawler. Luckily i have plenty of rocks on my property so I'll be building a rock course in the spring
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote