Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #641

Location: 5,280ft Above sea level. I can see YOUR house from here.

Hello,
My name is Jason and my rig is an Axial ARTR with a Novak Crawler ESC, 55t Motor, and JR metal gear servo. The rig is stock other than the upgrades provided by Axial when you get the ARTR. I competed in my first "comp" (more of a gathering of guys with crawlers) this weekend at Hobby Town in Westminster, CO. It was GREAT and all the people at the comp were a great help to me the "newbie."
Thank you to all the guys who helped me out and all the people at Hobby Town.
jahair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2008, 05:57 AM   #642
Quarry Creeper

Hi, my name is Kev from the Isle of Man currently trying to make my mind up what to get, but it'll probably be an Axial as I want to be on the rocks ASAP ...I'll upgrade as I go on

My rc car addiction started waaay back in '78 with a rough rider, I've raced offroad, onroad, indoors, electric, nitro, and recently drifting which I prefer over the usual racing

Crawling has gripped me as much as drifting did 4 years ago

Kev
ManxCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #643

Default Hi all

Well, I finally got around to R/C crawling. My dad did some of that in y Haflinger 4x4 and a Munga 4x4x4 (that's right, dual steering).

Since I don't have the time or money for the real thing, I am trying scale.

My first attempt was a scale Unimog 1500 in 1/16, bu that was too small. I am currently playing with an AX10, bur I may trade that soon for an enRoute Brg (size dies matter!).

Hopefully I'll get some good advice here.

Cheers from Germany,

Thomas
Bogomir67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #644
Pebble Pounder

Default help with a crawling track

i live in nepa - no shortage of rocks here - looking for pictures of crawling tracks - i have seen many pictures of your crawlers on here and all are realy cool - what i need is an idea on how to lay out a nice course should it be long and high - i know it realy doesent matter the idea is to have fun - but i realy want it to be the best - a spot for novice and a spot for advanced - if you guys have any pics if you couls e-mail to me it would be awesome - thanks
chris
activethunderracing@yahoo.com
activethunderrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:23 AM   #645

hey, i'm new to the crawling scene, but not so new to the r/c biz.

i'm Chuck, 28 from Port Alberni, BC
i own a 3.3 Revo (currently stock), my recently purchased AX-10 Scorpion with Integy 55t motor(slightly used, from a buddy of mine), i just bought a scratch built Nitro Rustler from a member of another forum (waiting for it to arrive in the mail), and i'm going to buy my buddies mod'd TMAXX in a week or so

i'm not new to the 4x4 scene, not too much into crawling as i own a fullsize dodge power ram. but i love to offroad and find places to shoe-horn the beast into. i hope to find some wheelin mates in the area, to go crawlin with. we've got a great mountain in our backyard here in Port Alberni. and its a great place to meet up for some crawlin and 4wheelin
Crawling_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #646

name is Doug, im new to rock crawling... i hang out @ raceway hobbies in smithton, just down the road from belle vernon pa. i got the fever watchin crawlin cole and kinger at the shop.... which hassa rock crawling course in house... leaning towards 2.2 custom tuber chassis 1st, then prolly some scale building after 1st one is complete, for now im just soaking in some knowledge and pricing for an optimal rig, cuz these guys dont mess around! nothing id like more than to kick kingers assWHICH is ONLY a MATTER of time! HAHAHA!!! just jerkin yer chain kinger and matt.
stumplifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #647
RCC Addict

I don't remember seeing this thread when I jumped on here a few weeks ago so here we go

Nick

Norwich, CT

Tamiya CR-01 Landcruiser
Novak Rooster Crawler
Hitec 645MG
Proline 8-Shooters, chrome
Spektrum DX3.0

pic before the Prolines and nice and clean

860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #648

Hey, im Paul and I live in louisiana. My current rig is a stretched TXT1 with some extras.

My next purchase is definately going to be a Hi lift tundra.
913MOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:28 AM   #649
Rock Stacker

New here, I have a ax10 in the mail,should have it today. Only crawled once with a friends. But been playing with RCs off and on since about 1990
I also have a schumacher PROCAT (for sale) and back in the day I had a DoubleDare 4X4.
Man RCs came a long ways, that thing was a POS.
Love this sight, has tons of kickass stuff in it.
I live in Eastern OR
My name is Jeremy
44newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #650

Default Pti Golliath

Hi:
I got my PTI Golliath ROCK Crawler Today. I like to install a 2.5
Ratio Reduction gear can anyone please explain it to me how.
BRUSSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:46 AM   #651

im a newb. i dont have any crawler yet other than my real one. im stoked on this board and looking forward to building the toy base truggy i want in the future after lots of research. im from northern california.
kiyul4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #652

Well crap, I dunno how I missed this thread.. but I figured I might as well sign in here. Soon to be new to the crawling scene.. like so many. Not my first RC, ive had savages, tmaxx, grasshoppers (old school). MOstly nitros, but I the elec crawlers really appeal to me since I work in the field. I can keep it in my camper and take it with me to the jobsites, and there are ALWAYS TONS of rocks that would be perfect for an AX10 with a tube on it. Glad to be here, hopefully will learn lots and make some new friends.
Oilfield_Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #653
RCC Addict

Default Question for the admin/moderator

First off, I love this board! I hope to get some pics up of some of my stuff soon. Anyway, I have a Riinox tuber chassis, T-Rex 60 axles, Team Zero shocks, Axial trans, and 2.2 tires with Junfac beadlocks. My question is: Which thread/category should it be posted in when it's ready to unleash to the public?

Thanks in advance,

T.D.

Last edited by TrailDawg362; 09-29-2008 at 01:56 PM.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #654
RCC Addict

What up!! signed up this month, great website, I enjoy readin about the build threads and general chat. played on this site for about a year, don't know why i didn;t sign up i've had other types of r/c's before. I have a nylint 1/8 scale got started with that, now i have a ax10 rtr that i am upgradin. i live in alabama and have joined alabama rock crawlers website also. I feel like one of the brethern instead of a newby i've gott'n a lot of support already from both websites, thanks
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #655
Pebble Pounder

Hi, new to the forum,
Steve Donnelly
no rig yet plans for a AX10 edge in the works
as well as a mini losi
downingtown pa
love all that i have learned so far!!!!!!!!!
floundern45rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #656

Hey y'all, names Max and I just joined a few minutes ago. I live in Monroe, Wisconsin ( 45 minutes south of Madison )

Ive done RC for a few years, but have decided to get away from the nitro for a while.

I currently have a Tamiya TxT-1 and I got my first crawler, XTM X-Crawler a few days ago. Looking forward to talking to everyone!
Max_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #657
Pebble Pounder

hi all, I have been driving RC boats for about 6 months and flew both slimer and electric planes in the past. It is hard to fly planes from a wheeliechair so I have moved to the boats which I love but it is a bit of a drive to the water so I am also trying out the rock crawlers needs less space than a race course.

my plan is a Losi mini to start and a mini rock garden to drive it on....

oh and My name is Dan, the dostacos comes from when I was 1:1 offroading and both my wife and I drove Tacoma double cabs {the Tacoma guys call their trucks tacos for short}

Last edited by dostacos; 10-02-2008 at 04:07 PM.
dostacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #658
Quarry Creeper

Hello everyone, Anthony here. I live in Dungannon, a small town in southwest Virginia. I have been visiting this site for about a year now and have just now registered(I cant believe I have waited so long). Bought my first RC truck a little over a year ago, an E-Maxx. Not long after the Maxx I discovered the wonderfull world or crawling. Picked up a Scorpion and started crawling. I have recently added an Edge to the stable as well as a Losi mini crawler that the GF claims is hers. I will soon post up some pics of the rigs. Just want to add.....this place rocks, and thanks to all for their ideas and info.
awd199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #659

My name is korey and I am adicted to rc.

Getting my first crawler this week...flaming goat chassis with tlt axles, aluminum case pede trans.
Just getting something to keep me from bashing around my touring car between races. I have owned just about every type of rc imaginable as long as it grounded. Owned a couple clods and have a shrink wrapped clod from right before they came out with the superclod sitting in my closet
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #660

Name is Shaun obviously.
From South Carolina

Got my first crawler this week...used from the LHS

figured it was time to break a new toy (AX10) !!!
How do you post picks?

RC is life.
shaunmf is offline   Reply With Quote