Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2004, 12:27 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Howdy, my name is Geoff and i am fairly new to this RC crawling deal. Im used to "real" offroading in my pickup but i have always enjoyed playing with RC trucks. Anyway, im sure you guys are prolley gonna have a hay day with me. Im trying to build one out of a radio shack truck. I actually have two different trucks and im planning to mod each of them. I dont want anything to hardcore cause i have no money so this will do for now. But so far its coming along slowly. The big truck which im trying more to finsih isnt running right now. its actually in many pieces and needs some help. but that will be for another post. anyway..cya'll around.
GeoffSFAs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2004, 01:14 PM   #42

hey everyone i live in abby and i have an emaxx a tamiya touring car its old its like 90s but its a great little car i have lifting it higher and higher in height im getting it tuned for offroad racing and its four wheel drive so it vwill be a great lil car but anyways my dad has an wide emaxx but im 14 and i need to find some sort of solid axle truck to make my crawler :P
e_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:05 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

hey I'm new too,
name: Nate
location: New Hampshire but moving to Orlando Florida around the start of september
rc's: 1 Jugg, 1 Savage, 1 Wild Willy 2, 1 xxxt, 1 mini t, 1 t2m (bought in Madrid Spain 9 years ago), 1 Kyosho Fairwind 900 sailboat, and about 6 other cars
1:1 toys: 95' dakota, 47' Willys cj2a, 3 snowmobiles (yeh, I know, not much snow in Florida but they are staying in New Hampshire)
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:24 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

New guy here...Great site! I've got a crawler project just starting and found this place while surfing. Theres some great info here. I have a truggy and a HPI RS4 MT2 to bash with a couple of 1/8th scale ski boats....and a couple of Rovers and a Jeepster, too. Thats my TReK on 'cliff hanger' here in Moab.
Is the Moab event still on?[/img]
Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:22 PM   #45

Give us the general info:
Who you are? Father of 2 - Husband of one ;)
What kind of rig you have? T3, Clod, E-Maxx, Losi XXT, Evader, Lunchbox, Blackfoot
Where you live? I live in Northern Cali with my family.

This looks like an awesome site - I hope to spend a lot of time here!
TheModfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:54 PM   #46

Hi Everyone, Im new here too.

My name is Brendan, Im from Melbourne Australia.

Been into RC for a while and have a Stampede. Got sick of trying to mod it so it would crawl properly so I ordered a TXT1 a couple of days ago, cant wait for it to come.

My 1:1 4WD is a shorty soft top 40 Series Cruiser, i have it in a million bits at the moment, rebuilding and re-spraying it as a demonstration car for my bussiness (4WD Accessories)

Got a couple of ideas that I will post up when I have some more time

Brendan
AussieTXT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:37 AM   #47
Adilynsdad too!

Hi, I'm a newbi. I'm 30 father of two girls. Been into rc's for six years. I've been into rc rock crawling for six months. I have two Boyer chassis clod busters and one txt-1. I had gotten into the mini-t scene but, saw some rc crawlers and have now sunk some serious cash into the hobby. I have learned a lot already for this site and have gotton two friends into the new sport. In Mississippi we only have rock piles and rock dikes but, we still have a blast.[/img]
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:31 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

i am major noob. I would post my info, but I'm to lazy.
KidWithAcrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:48 PM   #49

Hey people I'm a newbie here on this board but I've been into R/C for a long time. however, I did stray from the hobby for about two years and am just getting back into it. I have to get with the program and see all the new stuff because I'm used to all the old school stuff
rockslider42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Nick here, i am a newbie to rockcrawlers. been racing nitro dirt oval for a while, found your web site went out and bought me a new emaxx. this beats the heck out of goin in circles all the time. i am from Tennessee.
lookin forward to building my first crawler, thanks for a awesome site.
NICKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:25 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Who you are? I'm camel_rc, URC Member, BigDoubleUrc Mod

What kind of rig you have? Currently: 2 T3's (one for bashing and one for racing), and a HPI RS4 RB (4WD racing buggy project)

Where you live? Saugus, CA
camel_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:59 PM   #52
bendforthebone

san diego
tuber clod
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:53 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Another new guy. 31 years old been into rc's for about 5 years mostly nitro until a year ago now you couldn't give me a nitro.
Current ride Kyosho Twin Force stock for now
5 year old son has a mildly modded stampede
BigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:53 AM   #54

Nude-be here!!

I'm ready for a forum where the 4-by's are extreme and the drivers are even tougher, made of hardened sinew with beads of sweat popping out on the forhead from death defying rock crawling... I'm ready to get gritty and feel the ... oh.. shit.. I just broke a nail on the keyboard.. I'll be back later..

pirate
pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate
Nude-be here!!

I'm ready for a forum where the 4-by's are extreme and the drivers are even tougher, made of hardened sinew with beads of sweat popping out on the forhead from death defying rock crawling... I'm ready to get gritty and feel the ... oh.. shit.. I just broke a nail on the keyboard.. I'll be back later..

pirate
ummm...I think we need a pic!
Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:37 PM   #56
bendforthebone

welcome everybody to the best rccrawling board on the net
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:14 PM   #57

Hello,

I'm New to RC Crawling but def. not new to RC. I have been in racing for the last 13 years and found that with my new job I have no more time to race. So Here enters my new favorite --RC Crawling--.

I like the fact that it's a anytime, anywhere type of fun.

Right now I have a Clod with a Gecko Chasis w/
: RC Guy steering kit
: Integy Lathe Motors
: Supah Roostah
: Dual 645MG's
: Air. M8
: Pro-line Giant Tracs

Blah, Blah, Blah.......Here's a pic

I also have a 96 XJ with 7" of lift and 32's, right now I am planning for more lift, gears, and 35's

CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:01 AM   #58

hello new guy here.i love this site i work in a machine shop at work so i have alot of time to do this. i have 10 rc trucks 2 planes 2 full size crawlers 1 dirt bike and a girlfriend. i am 23 years old and live in north carolina
devchev99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:15 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Hi, I am Deano, Have been a member on clodtalk for about 2 years now I go by the name Surferboy some of you might know me. I live in S.L.C. UT. Yes I live about 5 short hours from the worlds best rockcrawling Moab. I have been it the utrcrc comps all 4 and hope to make it to the moab comp in sep. My rig can be seen on utrcrc.com I have a rc guy Gecko 2 I run Imex jumbo swamp dawgs on maximizer beadlocks. and most of the standard crawling things. My crawler has a light blue cj8 jeep body. I have been lerking around here for awile, I just joined a day ago and got busted for posting in the wrong place Hope this is where I need to post this. This site runs diffrent than clodtalk so it will take some time to get use to so go easy if I post wrong Sorry Jason for the worng post.

Rocksurfer
RockSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:41 PM   #60

Hey, I'm Mike

New to the RC crawler arena all together.
I've got a Maxx, I know it's not a crawler but that's what I want to get or build now.

The only wheeler I have right now is my Suburban.
'87 Chevy Burb with D60 dually front, D70HD rear both getting regeared 5.13:1 and adding ARB's
Ordered dual beadlock rims to run 38.5's
I have the cases to build my doubler case for low low gearing.
Once the axles are done it gets 1410 driveshafts and a transfercase parking brake.
I've already gotten the fenders trimmed and a shackle flip for the rear, working on swapping 52" springs in the front and 56" springs out back.

Once it's "done" it'll be a monster crawler to play with.

But I'm here to learn about building my own RC crawler now to keep me occupied while I'm stuck or broken (which happens alot in my Burb)
Skratch is offline   Reply With Quote