LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #661
Pebble Pounder

newbie here ......... 1st post
OSIRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #662
Rock Stacker

Hey im StveO and i have a ax-10 and a hustler super class and i live in South Dakota ya and im a newbie to the web site but not 2 crawlin

Last edited by Steve'O; 10-13-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Steve'O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:47 AM   #663
Rock Crawler

I'm a newbie again! I remember when the RC10T was first released & I placed my pre-order for it, who can remember those days.

Anyway I wanted to get back into it again but in the past 20+ years I have acquired some more skills since the old rc days & figured since I was a mechanic/welder & have built many offroad toys that I would build a tuber & so that I could get back into driving quickly I used an Axial ax10 rtr for a base & am sure that by the time I am done buying & upgrading I will have a second complete crawler & my son wants to build one so I can pass some skills on to him.

I have been lurking on this & other forums for a while now getting back up to speed & love pictures of all of the builds so I will include some of my almost done project.

I am in the CA San Bernardino mountains so if someone would like to gtg I am all for it!

Here are some pics:
<br>
<BR><BR><BR><BR>

<BR><BR>And what thread would be complete without the poser shots!<BR><BR>
<BR><BR><BR><BR>
I have some definite opinions about stuff, 1 is of all of the pics on the net of tubers most of them look like the chassis is too small.

But that may just be me so I built mine to look more in proportion to my eyes.

I hope you all like it.
tubed-n-lubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #664
Rock Stacker

Smile new guy

Howdy my name is Jarod i live in the santa cruz mountains. I just got my ax10 2 weeks ago but i have quite a few friends with them. I have been wheeling for the past 5 years as i have a fully built samurai. i hope to learn a lot from you guys as well as help some people out.
mac67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #665
Pebble Pounder

Default New guy to rccawler...

Hi everyone,

I finally decided to join. I live in MN and have been reading threads and doing research since last year on this site! Wow what a help! Everyone has some great info and nice rigs too! I picked up a new Axial ax10 RTR last year and started changing things the next day! (I know the RTR is JUNK! But it was free so I can't complain) I have had a great time building and dialing it it. Just need a few more things, and plenty of practice and and off to a comp. I can't wait to post a few pics and get some feedback. Take Care all JDF
FoxintheDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #666

Jarle here from Norway! Currently building a semi stock bruiser. Keeping it as original as possible, but there will be some mods. Also own a Suzuki SJ410 (Samurai) in 1:1 Scale
fenderbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:55 AM   #667
Rock Stacker

Hello, Ty, here from AK. Getting back to the R/C. I had a JRxT. I know it's a truggy. I'm ordering my Axial. I've just started looked all around the site. Good tips and tech in here. I've had the wheelin' bug for a long time since I sold my '73 fj40.

I like the scale wheelin'.

Late Ty

Hey, tubed-n-lubed "nice ryde"!!
aktyfoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:57 PM   #668

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubed-n-lubed View Post
I'm a newbie again! I remember when the RC10T was first released & I placed my pre-order for it, who can remember those days.

Anyway I wanted to get back into it again but in the past 20+ years I have acquired some more skills since the old rc days & figured since I was a mechanic/welder & have built many offroad toys that I would build a tuber & so that I could get back into driving quickly I used an Axial ax10 rtr for a base & am sure that by the time I am done buying & upgrading I will have a second complete crawler & my son wants to build one so I can pass some skills on to him.

I have been lurking on this & other forums for a while now getting back up to speed & love pictures of all of the builds so I will include some of my almost done project.

I am in the CA San Bernardino mountains so if someone would like to gtg I am all for it!

Here are some pics:

And what thread would be complete without the poser shots!

I have some definite opinions about stuff, 1 is of all of the pics on the net of tubers most of them look like the chassis is too small.

But that may just be me so I built mine to look more in proportion to my eyes.

I hope you all like it.
Ever thought of maybe cleaning that rig before you put it on the web for the whole world to see?
bilster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #669

Hey
New Guy
Looking to buy, hoping the site will assist in making that decision.

Sorry for being long winded.
Fraxture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #670

Default Need parts. Stick etc.

I am just getting into crawlers but have been in RC for a long time. I want to build a stick crawler but am in need of the stick. Does anyone have or know of one for sale? If not, how about specs on building one? I am trying to find the ball links at the end of the stick. I have no parts so far for my build. I would be interested in any advice and or spare parts that you want to sell. I have a tricked out Associated 1/18 RC18MT. I have a fortune in it. I would be willing to work out a trade. Please email or post

Brandon
dawghause@msn.com
dawghause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #671

Give us the general info:
Who you are?
What kind of rig you have?
Where you live?

Mat
AX-10 Rock Racer (from rock racer to crawler to X-Trail)
Concord,NH and move in between Loudon,NH
I am kinda new to the hole crawling thing been working on my rig learning new stuff along the way of been so busy with taking care of my daughter and racing haven't had the time to go crawlering but it is loads of FUN!!
NewBCrawlerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:33 AM   #672
Rock Stacker

hello to all before me. drewmaly present. here in kansas. i'm fairly new to the crawling scene but very familiar with this hobby. picked up my first crawler two days ago, and i love it. (losi mrc) i'm more into the scale look so hoping to use my losi as the platform. hope to learn alot here! peace
drewmaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #673

Newbie from the North...

Gordon from just outside Vancouver B.C. Canada

Tamiya F-350 in the works

Scorpion is sold...

Have a CR-01 on the way, and hopefully a trailfinder at some point.
Gordkoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:27 AM   #674

Hi forums,
I'm Mark, I'm new to the forums and kind of new to the RC world. I'm in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada and I've had many rc in my life but nothing like the Axial Crawler I purchased a few months back.

Haven't really done many mods yet, trying to find more time for it.

I'm a car guy, if you wondering about the user name, I have a slightly modified 2002 Dodge Dakota, so I keep the same name on most of the forums I join.

Here's a few other pics of my crawler ...
G55 body

First day out with my buddies

I'm a Dodge guy so, my new body

Seems like a good forum and I have lots of questions
Thanks in advanced,
Mark
slvdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #675
Quarry Creeper

Hey all... I have been lurking for a bit, have a few posts but wanted to say hello. My name is Pat and I am from Mt Vernon Washington. Been doing some research and haven't quite decided which crawler to get yet.
megacabcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #676
Rock Stacker

Hey guys I am new here and dying to do some learning! I am from British Columbia, Canada, so lots of stuff to go crawling on. I currently own a Traxxas Slash just for fun and bashing. My mission for the winter is a Toyota 1.9 Scaler! Anyways I hope to make a ton of new friends and learn more than I can handle!
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:13 AM   #677

Hey FNG here. I got myself an AX10 and thinking about getting another one for the little one.
Naxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #678
Rock Stacker

sam
louisville, ky (falls of the ohio is awesome when its dry)
gonna pick up an AX-10 and possibly a losi MRC in the next few months once i pay off some debts on my 1:1 rig
samb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #679

Hi, im Fab from France
Im in RC since 4 years i tried different models and i actually have a Baja 5B, a Savage X, a Micro-T and sure an Axial AX-10. And i would like to buy a supersize crawler in the future so i think i will find a lot of info here
Teubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #680
Quarry Creeper

Smile Just another FNG

Hey fellas.......killer site.
I'm Josh....live in Spanaway, WA.
Another rock crawling newb....but not to R/C. I raced 1/10th scale off road cars in AK in the 80's....but we raced the cars indoors on carpet. This was before 1/10 scale on-road "pan" cars had come out. Plus, it was just too cold to race outside during the long winters...hahaha!!!! We modded the cars, lowered, foam tires, etc.....started with a Tamiya, then upgraded to modifed class with a decked out RC10 (1st generation), then the "new" Losi JR-X2.
Moved to WA and got out of the RC scene for awhile. I recently threw out ALL of my old R/C Car Action magazines......most of whitch were the first 5-6 years of the mag....including issue #1. Shoula kept 'em I guess.
So all this "new" Lipo/NiMH/RTR stuff has me a little out of the loop!
Keep myself busy custom painting old cars and bikes, building hotrods, and restoring musclecars.
Currently have a 2.5 T-Maxx & a 3.3 Revo.......AND, an Axial AX-10 on order, along with a CKRC T6 chassis.:-P Going to build a "semi" scaler.

Look forward to chatting with y'all.

Last edited by HotRodJosh; 11-17-2008 at 04:16 PM.
HotRodJosh is offline   Reply With Quote