Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #1661

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

hey, just joined, trying to find a crawling group in Ottawa Ontario, i have an Axial wraith, a 1/16 traxxas slash 4wd brushed, and a losi micro rock crawler
zachie-james is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #1662

Drew here, straight outta the mean streets (cul de sacs actually) of Centreville VA.
Recently I have returned to RC cars after a 20 year hiatus, my other hobbys are vintage road and old school BMX bicycles and my custom Honda CB 750.
Drewfus420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #1663

New to the crawling scene, but have been into rc trucks awhile with a vintage clod I bought and built in 1988, just purchased an Axial scx10 w/honcho body rtr. Looking forward to modding it and finding others in my area to crawl or excursion with.
diasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #1664

Gday rockcrawlers! Ben from sydney Australia, I have been crawling in 4bs for a while now and after seeing some of the rc crawlers at our Tuff Truck challenge here I have decided to give it a crack. The hardest part is deciding what to build or buy mmm this looks like it could get out of hand
cheers
skipNh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #1665

Hey Guys! I'm new and am looking to build a crawler/rock racer/rock bouncer? I want to know whats out there! Chassis?? Rigs?? I was planning on buying a Wraith KiT but was told that I am gonna need to replace a lot of parts out of the box???
Mastajag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #1666

Hey im new here i dont have a crawler yet but dont you worry ill get one very soon im 16 and i live in colorado springs colorado. I have a construction job in woodland park putting in a road lol but its job if you know what i mean
assault44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #1667

I'm a Brit but I've been living in France for the past eighteen months. I'm a novice RCer and I've just ordered my first crawler, an Axial Racing XR10.

Here's a list of the parts I'm using for the initial build:
  • Castle Creations Sidewinder Micro ESCs
  • Castle Creations 10A BEC
  • Holmes Hobbies Crawlmaster Pro 540 16Ts
  • BWD Delrin Motor Savers
  • Vanquish Motor Plates
  • Vanquish Transmission Cases
  • Traxxas 3775 Oilite Bushings
  • Robinson Racing RRP-1013 Pinion Gears
  • Savox 1258TG Servo
  • Robitronic Aluminium Servo Arm
  • Axial High Leverage Steering Arm
  • HB Sedonas
  • Castle Creations Castle Link USB Programmer Kit
  • Futaba 4PL
  • Futaba R2104GF
  • Kypom 850mAh 3S 35C LiPos

This won't be a comp rig; I intend to build it strong but light while I learn the ropes.

I plan to add the following:
  • Vanquish .6 Caliber SST Weight Set
  • Chaotic Crawlers Titanium Links
  • Chaotic Crawlers Titanium Steering Rod
  • Axial Stage 1 Aluminium Upgrade Kit
  • Axial Stage 2 Carbon Fibre Upgrade Kit
  • Axial HD Gears
  • Crawler Innovations Double Deuce Foams (softs on the front and mediums on the rear)

If the Savox servo doesn't prove up to the job then I'll replace it with a Hitec-7950TH. I don't have any plans for wheel upgrades yet; we'll see how I get on. I may also run RC4WD gears instead of the Axial ones.

As I said, I don't plan to comp. What I'd like to do is go the film-maker route. I've got my eye on a GoPro Hero2 for Christmas. If, however, I do choose to comp, I'll build a second rig built around XR10 axles with full Vanquish upgrades, knuckle weights, wheels and something like a Chaotic Switch chassis.

The parts have started to arrive but most won't be here until the end of next week. Living in rural France plays havoc with delivery schedules!
greenstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #1668

Can anybody help me find jp custom berg lockouts
pinklovesraiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #1669
PaF

Hi!

I'm also a newbie from the netherlands, don't have a crawler (yet) i have bin on this forum for a while, just soaking all the info and pics
I have a Savage flux and a TA05 Eagle drift car but drifting is so much my thing. so im selling it and getting a scx10
PaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #1670
Pebble Pounder

Hello Everyone. My Name is Scott and I am from Colorado Springs, Colorado. Which I recently found out has one of the greatest rccrawling areas EVER in Palmer Park. Anyway, I have an ax10 rtr that I bought used. It was 100% stock when I bought it. Even had the open front differential gears in it. Since then I have installed the axial front spool, made my own lower bent links with Traxxas rod ends. Extended the upper links as far up the chassis as possible, Made my own steering linkage, moved my lower links inboard, mirrored the tranny, softer spring that were meant for a wraith. Spacers inside the shocks to lower the ride height. Then I made a new battery and electronics tray that put the battery down and forward in front of the tranny and the electronics now reside behind the tranny. Of course i added a total of like 15oz to the front tires and about 7 in the rear, Hi-tec servo to aide in turning the nose heavy pig. Oh and geared it lower but cant recall to what. 12-93 comes to mind. Next set of mods will likely be to return the gearing to stock and add a 55t motor. And I really want a dig so that may get moved to the front of the line.
Scocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #1671
Quarry Creeper

hey all. I am new to crawling but not new to RC. In Missouri and wondering if there are any clubs nearby. I live aprox. 60 miles west of St Louis, Thanks
ochevys54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #1672

Cool Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hey everyone.
My name is Chris from Canada eh!
My rig is a axial wraith rtr.
I had some rc car in my earlyer years and have just broke
Back into the Sean with my wraith. I'm am amazed at
How the hobbie has evolved and am looking forward to many
Of hours of mods and crawling. This site is great for a noob like
Me.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #1673

Hi there. I'm Brennan from SoCal. Currently have a Nylint 1/6 TJ but looking to get a little more serious with an Axial wraith. Awesome forum. Very helpful.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #1674
Pebble Pounder

Hi, i'm Ana from Finland.I've been into RC cars for a long time and now i'm starting my first scaler build SCX10 Hilux trail/mud truck.I've been reading a lot here and there's some really nice rigs and info.Thanks.
TNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #1675
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT1 View Post
Hi, i'm Ana from Finland.I've been into RC cars for a long time and now i'm starting my first scaler build SCX10 Hilux trail/mud truck.I've been reading a lot here and there's some really nice rigs and info.Thanks.
Welcome to the forum.

Search is a great thing.

Reading in the SCX forum gives a lot of info.

If a search does not provide info, feel free to ask, there are lots of people to answer.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #1676

Live in north Alabama.i just purchased a rs10 1/8 scale .Name is Chris.The site is amazing
Heavychevy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #1677
Quarry Creeper

My name is Ryan and I recently moved to Oregon. I have a mostly stock SCX10 Honcho RTR. Recently got into R/C and I love it. I'm fortunate enough to be in an area where there are lots of places to go trail and crawl. I'm trying to educate myself currently and am almost overwhelmed with the sheer amount of information here.
Fingonunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #1678

Hey, Im Bryan, n have ben out of rc stuff for a while but am lookin to get back into it. Back a few years ago I had tmaxxes, RC10GT, n a TLT crawler I bought from this site.
For a few reasons I sold everything( wish I hadnt) but any way, I ben lookin around this site reading up on various crawlers n looking at everyonez rigz. Awesome stuff btw!!!!
I moved from NM to OK about a year ago n decided I wanted to either buy a crawler again or build one. Have looked at a few RTR crawlers for a new starting point just to have something to mess with. I know down tge road I will build something along the the lines of a tube chassis.
I am reading about all the cool stuff ya'll have goin on here n getting a lot of cool ideaz.
Even though Im a newbie on here again, Ive ben around the block a few times with rc stuff!
Its good to be back!!!
OKcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #1679

Hey dudes! My name is Nate, and i have an scx10 on TLTs and a losi MRC. If im not dinking around with these guys im building 1:1 bmws. I was born and raised in portland oregon, and im excited to get my scx10 done!
silentbeatdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #1680
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys, my name is Jay. I have many types of R/C but nothing yet in the crawler realm. I am told this is the place to learn what I need/want to know as I am really really wanting to build a super class crawler. I am having a very hard time finding what I need as far as parts and mods so I hope I can find what I'm trying to find here. See you on the boards
Jayzrc is offline   Reply With Quote