Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdogster View Post
I'm Chris and I am just getting into this branch of the RC world. I have dabbeled in the Heli and Plane work as well as some surface stuff like the T-10, Tmaxx and an 1/8 scale OFNA Ultra Rally car. And yes as a true geek I still have all of my RC stuff in the hanger. I just need another place to throw my hard earned money and this Crawling thing fits right in with my two full size Jeep YJ's.
I'm going to start out with the Berg enroute 2.2 w/o motors or radio. I'm going to do some reading here and learn as much as I can b4 asking repetive questions. Thanks in advance for the info.

Oh BTW How do you get a star?
Tankdogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #702

Default Hello

Hello, everyone! Well, I've been into RC for a long time but never got into crawling, but have owned in the past: the original Blackfoot, Clod (stock at first then completely modded), and the Midnight Pumpkin; then I got into nitro and purchased an Ofna MP, T-Maxx, Mad Force, Losi LST2. I presently only into nitro but I plan to get into crawlers in the next 2-3 months. I plan on reading alot and asking alot of questions, so be easy...
cloach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:17 AM   #703

Aloha from Maui, I've been a member for 3 years and posting for the first time today. Just wanting to say Hi.

Rob
RWKK808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #704

Talking New Guy

Hello, I'm John. I've gotta tell you guys, I have got a lot of very useful info from this cool rc site. I was into rc when I was a kid and am just now getting back into it hardcore. The first time I saw a crawler, I was hooked! I'm working on a couple creations right now. I'll post some pics in the near future. Keep on Crawlin'.
JDL666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #705

hello to all, David here in Texas, going to get a crawler soon just not sure whitch one. I got a lot of reading to do first. If anyone has any sujestions just let me know any info will be usefull. thank you
whisky-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #706

Exclamation

new guy here in jackson mississippi. I came across this site from my early bronco website. plans include a semi scale 75 bronco to match my real bronco. i have lot to learn to bear with me.
SatisTraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #707
Quarry Creeper

Man does time fly,back in the snow.Hear in So.Lake Tahoe,Ca.I love my clod it's been around and modified since the early 90s.Last winter it finally became a stick(hand built of corse).I would like to hit a couple of meets next summer.
My question is this,where can I find the official rules.Any help is apreciated,thanks.

oh yeah,wisky head,go with a Clod! 4X4X4 two motors, two batteries, two speed controls and 4 channels of try to fallow this truck!

Last edited by smokin0137; 12-24-2008 at 09:12 PM.
smokin0137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #708

Default Newbie

Have a AX-10 slightly modified.

Got my daughter a Losi Mini for xmas.
noride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:59 PM   #709
Quarry Creeper

So,noride you going to make that AX10 crawl? I've been tring to figure one out.Its in my near future!

Last edited by smokin0137; 12-25-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #710
Rock Stacker

Hey all, Jamie here in Cincinnati. I don't have a crawler yet, but I see one in the near future. Most likely the Losi 1/10 crawler. Thanks.
JamieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #711
Quarry Creeper

Do your home work before you comit. I'm leaning twards an AX10.They seem to be more modible.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #712
Rock Stacker

I'll wait until it comes out and see all of the specs before I make any concrete decisions for sure, but I'm leaning that way for now. I have a friend with an Ax-10 who loves it s well, so we will see.
JamieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:54 AM   #713

Im Adrian from Australia.
Im thinking either about a Venom Creeper when they finally arrive here. Either that or a custom Outlaw with Clod Buser axles...
I looked at AX-10 and i aren't sure if i want one of them at the moment as it looks lke you have to do a bit of work on them to make them better...
I would really love a Berg but they are too expensive here with the exchange rate as it is.

Cheers
Adrian
nudge2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:02 AM   #714
Rock Stacker

Intro, I am a seventeen year veteran in the armed services (job is in forum name) and married with two daughters. Not new to RC but, new to RC crawling. I own a 1:1 99 TJ that has been my main toy since I bought it in 99. My daughters bought me a Nylint crawler a few Christmas ago and that kind of re-invigorated my RC hobby interests. I recenty relocated to SC and have hooked up with some great four wheel'n friends that now have all been bitten by the RC Crawler bug, so we are all shopping around and collecting rocks. I built a good friend's son a in-door (foam) rock garden this Christmas for his new Losi MRC, wow what a fabulous little crawler! That was the icing on the cake, I am selling farm and buying one of these things. I just need to figure which one so many good choices!!!!

Last edited by FeilEOD; 12-31-2008 at 09:04 AM.
FeilEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #715

Default Hello

Hi all. I am an 'ol retired TELCO guy, spent time in the USAF as an electronic tech, work part time as an NHRA tech inspector (way to much fun!). Looking to get into crawling but am torn between new Losi, a Berg,
or ???, or ????.

Have fun!

DAve
gitovrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:37 AM   #716
Quarry Creeper

Hi guys! I'm Ian. Always used this site to see pics of awesome rigs, but just decided to register and become more involved. I know a few British members on here...
Well I'm from North Wales in Great Britain. I have a TLT axle based 2.2 and a Clod based Super Tuber. I prefer to build rather than buy my chassis - more fun that way! I plan to get an Axial, but I'm waiting to see what the new 1/10th Losi is like first. I help out on www.UKRCRC.com so am not really a newbie and I know how to use the Search feature!!!
WolverineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #717

My name is Chad. I have a axial scorpion, Losi mini rock crawler, a home built wheely king/scorpion half breed. Also two nylint 1/6th scale jeep. I also have two newbright rock crawler jeeps. Been here for a while just came acrossed this post.

Last edited by crantma; 01-04-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: addition
crantma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #718
RCC Addict

Hi guys,

Name's Brandon. I'm from Northern California (Santa Rosa area)

I don't have a crawler yet, but I'm looking to get one soon (tax return I hope)

I was into RC when I was a kid, but I've been out of it for a long time...

My last car had a mechanical speed control.. lol

I ran accross some crawler video's on youtube and now I'm hooked.

Anyways, I'm leaning towards an AX10 kit at this time, and I'm trying to research what I'll need to get started.
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #719
Rock Stacker

Talking hi.

Hi I'am from Midland TX .I have been in to rc cars for 24yrs and i have a track in my back yard for 1/18 dirt .I don't have a crawler yet, but I see one in the near future. if you live in Midland tx send a message.nice to see all the NB!!!!
attme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #720
JLF
Quarry Creeper

Howdy eveyone! Im a newbie in Portland, Oregon. I complete in observed trials on vintage bikes, and also race BMX... Ive seen others with their RC's having great fun on the down time at races, etc. So I started researching it myself about a month ago. I tore into the subject like a mad man, and have a stack of books and magazines a foot high. I fell for CRAWLING right away, and also something ELECTRIC would really fit what I need out of a rig. Problem I have is deciding what I want. I have yet to pull the trigger and buy. I am thinking about a Vintage truck as a project build. At the same time Im considering an RTR out of the box to get started. Im planning on spending some time here really digging deep and reading as much as I can from the experts! Oh, and the names Jeff. Great site!
Thanks!
JLF is offline   Reply With Quote