Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #821

Default Newbie McNewberpants

Well, I havne't been involved in RC in quite a while, I have built a few clods back when the clodzilla chassis were comming out so it's been a while.

Getting back into the fray with a new mrc mostly because of the size and affordability. I have already done a lot of work on a modular "scale looking" indoor crawling track so, I'm excited to see how it's going to work out and sorry, no pics till I have an mrc to run it:-P

I will be running in the salt lake area as well, the park down at 500 west and 1700 South and thereabouts
PorkBellyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #822

Hello everyone, new guy here. I'm a resident of Chicago and I recently picked up a Traxxas Slash as an all-around basher. I dropped in the vxl kit and plan to replace with rpm parts as things break. I'm pretty happy with everything thus far. The truck is insanely durable and with the vxl motor and ESC, I've run about 36 mph (iPhone strapped inside measuring top speed) with an 8 cell nimh and 23/86 gearing.

I've been out of the game for abut 15 years (raced dirt buggies and a stock indoor carpet class back when I was about 10).
Pragmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #823
Rock Stacker

Hola, another newby here.

Live in Boise, do not have a RC crawler yet, have had all my time invested in my 1:1

looking/wanting to get a Losi 1/10 when I can scrape enough pennies together and build it right the first time, however I have been getting steered toward the axial as they are so bulidable. we will see when the time comes, if there is a good deal to be had I may not be able to pass it up!
RCKSQRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #824

another new guy here, lurking and checking things out for a long time though. driving a MRC and loving it. 2.2 down the road maybe

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
colorado chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #825
TLZ

Hey guys. I've been searching around here for a while, and have been enspired to finally sign up and hopefully get into the world of crawling as soon as my money will alow.

I'm coming from the other side of this hobby... speed! But I think that I will love slowing down a bit and relaxing.

Right now my fleet includes:

Stampede: REM extended chassis
Savage X: new wheels
HB lightning stadium pro: OFNA .28, XTM pipe, and lots of other goodies
B44: Novak 4.5 GTB combo

As you can see crawling will be a huge change in pace!
TLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #826

Hi Guys(and Gals) im another newb here...my name is Keith and i just got back into the RC world after about a 12-14 yr hiatus from it. got the itch after watching some vids of people doing it at comps so i bit the bullet and jumped back in with both feet. bought an Axial AX10 ARTR and sank my retirement fund into it lol. so far ive done a couple of cheap/free mods to it but nothing major. I live in chattanooga tn.
cheyennek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #827

Hey guys im a newbie to crawling but been in rc for about 10 years. Been racing 1/10th and 1/8th on and off road for years and finally got tired of the massive expenses. Im live near Boone, NC and just picked up an AX-10 and x-trail chassis to start building on. Been lurking around here for quite a while and finally decided to slow down my pace and gave in to my new addiction.
RJLosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #828
Rock Crawler

Yet another noob. Running a BC SWX Axial, Clod Stick, and very soon a Berg.
gdhknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #829
Rock Stacker

hey does anyone know how to put custom links on the juggernaut axles pictures would be great to not good at reading instructions lol
mysterygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #830

Hi all, Oll from UK here, I don't have a rig yet, joined up here to check out whats available. I would ideally like something with a LR3 body but cannot find anything yet,
OllLR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #831
RCC Addict

hi ya'll, my name is martin, live in Salmon Arm BC canada. im 21 yrs old not new to RC's as i have a nitro savage 25 with a buttload of aluminum parts and an STS .28 engine in it, it will run about 50-55mph.. i race lawnmowers, golf, rc's etc.. currently dont have a crawler but im seriously thinking about the axial ax10 scorpion, not sure if i want the kit, ARTR or the RTR.. it'll be my first crawler (had a few electrics when i was a kid) but im leaning towards the kit.. we'll see what the prices are, getting the ax10 so i can crawl over my friends wheely king..lol haha.. it'll be a huge change in pace for me too.. oh well it'll give me time to drink beer!!! because your not worried about hitting a tree or rock at 50mph...
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:50 AM   #832
Rock Stacker

hello noob here been in r/c for many years just recently brought a RTC will open it up soon been raining here alot Long Island ny so I have been using my summit, anyway will try this RTC and give feedback when I can.
gunatrytocrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #833
Rock Stacker

Default New guy from NJ!

Hey everyone.

I a noob from New Jersey...just got back in R/C after a few years hiatus and found this crawling stuff to be pretty awesome.

I posted a thread in the Newbie section already about building a crawler on a budget!

Thanks for an awesome website!
jongrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #834

hi, new here, trying to find out what kit to go with.
kaei33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #835

Default hey

hey whats up this is my first post on my first forum so i dont know what im doing but as for my rig i have a wheelie king that i have done tons of work to

55 turn novak
wk esc
reduction box
aluminum spur gear
proline hammer tires on axial beadlock rims
all custom links
custom servo plates front and rear
custom 4 link front plate
longer traxxas drive lines not sure which ones
custom plexie glass tvp chassis
maximizer lockers
parts from hpi crawler kit
traxxas plugs all around
duel 6 cell 3000 mah ni-mh
losi 4" crawler shocks

as for me i live close to shelton wa. and im looking for people to crawl with. i cant seem to figure out how to post a pic of my rig but im sure ill figure it out someday
deltan9ne024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #836

Been nosing around the forum since December. Registered to see the pics to help me decide which Crawler to buy. With everyone's help that have posted I settled on a AX-10. For some reason to took a long while before I was able to post, then I find myself making a few posts and then realized I had no creditability.

So I will introduce myself. My real name is up in the "left hand" corner of this post and I am from Phoenix/Payson Arizona. I have been in the hobby for a little over 10 years now. Mostly dedicated to Dirt Oval and have several cars ready to go race. Since the nearest dirt oval is in excess of 500 miles from me now, I don't get to do that as often as I like. But, I have been running a carpet track in NW Phoenix, Speed Sports. Ron also has a indoor Rock Crawling Course.

Getting with the Crawler was something to do between races and the Payson area has a lot of rocks to crawl on! The AX-10 has been upgraded to the CKRC Stage II kit, with a Goat Crawler system and MaxAmp LiPo's, Losi Claws, MIP shafts, rear axle lock outs, and aluminum goodies here and there, plus some of my own creations (inspired by you folks here). Nothing spectacular, but something to keep the old mind occupied and the pocket book lite!

I do pretty good in brushed motor tuning, though with crawlers, I would have to tune for grunt instead of rpm. Which I am surprised there are not more post on motor tuning for crawlers here.

So that in short is me, thanks for all of your posts they were and are very helpful. I will continue to use the "search functions" and eventually I will get the answers I am looking for! They are there, just have to separate the wheat from the chaff!
Rick Findley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #837

gday all my names dale a.k.a ziggey im from australia and i just brought my mates ax10 with a few mod im new to crawling but not rc cars.
ziggey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #838

Just a quick intro...Names Tim, I have been into Nitro trucks for years and real life rock crawling/offroading since I was 18. Now I am looking to get into rc crawling.
redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #839

Hey whats up the name is Mark just got into crawlers about two months ago and got me an AX10 starter kit dont know much but got to tell ya this forum and site has helped me out alot. trying to get all my freinds into it. Crawlin is the SHE I IT!!!!!
V-towncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #840
Rock Stacker

Hello everyone, i'm from a town called Sevierville in Tennessee. I live right down the road from dollywood. Some of you may have heard of it. . . .or even been there.

I used to be heavy into rc, but stopped for a while. I reciently got into 1:1 crawling and some buddies of mine brought their r/c crawlers with them. Well that was all I had to see and now im hooked. I just got a axial rtr maybe a week ago and its already being treated to a list of mods
Sevier Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote