Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2019, 03:35 PM   #2821
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
You follow the link I posted and read up. Its several pages long and a continuing thread.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2019, 11:54 PM   #2822

Hey all. My name is Phil. Newbie to crawling from northern california. Ive been around rc for a few years but always fast stuff to bash or racing at amain back in the indoor track days. Looking to start out in crawling. I had a axial poison spyder rtr a while back but was still in the go fast stage so traded it. Im torn between practicality and what i want to build haha. I really want to build a rc4wd beast 2 kit but i think the cross rc demon sg4c would be more used. Also thought of getting the beast 2 rtr kit or an axial scx10 2 blazer rtr to start and then going back through it to upgrade. I know you guys probably see this all the time haha but Any constructive ideas? I do have a good local hobby shop and i hear theres alot of guys in my area doing crawling but not really up on all the social media stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norcalnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:16 PM   #2823

Hi fellow Rc people. Long time viewer, first post. Been in the hobby since the mid 80's. I live on the MS. gulf coast. Been building a wraith as of lately. Will start a build thread on it soon and see what ya'll think of it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Big-Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #2824

Default Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Hi all. My name is Phil. Been in rc for a few years but always fast stuff. Starting to get into crawling. Debating on a rc4wd beast 2 or a cross rc demon for first crawler build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norcalnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #2825

New to Crawling, but not RC. I only planned on stopping into the LHS for feathering shaft bearing on one of my many Helicopters. Crawling always had my interest, and scalers weren't a thing early on, so I never dove into that rabbit hole. Then I was chatting up one of the employees, and that's where it all spiraled out of control.

So I started with Axial SCX10.2 Cherokee kit, plus everything needed to complete the build. Then went completely overboard on the upgrades/options. It's a slippery slope, no pun intended.
Triple-D TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #2826

Hey everyone! Obviously, I’m a new member here but I’ve been browsing this site for a while. I’m not new to message boards or to the RC hobby. Like many RC hobbyists, I’ve also inherited my love for the hobby from my Dad; we began with planes back home in Illinois in the early 1970’s then I switched to surface vehicles in the ‘80’s while Dad moved to copters. Then I parked everything for about 20 years (’94-’14) to focus on education, career and a move to Alabama, etc. Most of my current RC collection includes 1/10th scale electric buggies (I raced off-road throughout the Midwest until ’94) and only became interested in scale crawlers when I returned to the hobby in ’14. I have a TF2/Blazer that I’m building and an Axial SCX10 fitted with a Jeep JK body (custom built front trans/motor configuration).
Finally, like the rest of humanity, I’m a sinner but I know that I’m redeemed by Christ. So, enough about me, let’s get to the reason I’m here. I have a couple truck builds that I’ll be posting in the appropriate forum during the coming weeks. Looking forward to your feedback. Cheers!
LEV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #2827

Glad to be here. I live in Mechanicsville VA. Just getting into the hobby. I have the RedCat Gen8. It was custom striped to match my real Scout II. I changed the wheels to match my Scout as well. Just greased the portals, and will do the differentials this weekend. Also got a 12 light kit coming for this weekend too. Now just have to find places to take it to do some crawling.
Jfulwider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:00 PM   #2828
Rock Stacker

Hello everyone,
Newbie to these forums but long-time RC enthusiast and I also used to post quite a bit on (dare a say the name of a competitor) the RCSparks Forums.
However, I've seen you guys (rccrawler.com) the past few years at AxialFest and figured I should see whats going on over here. I look forward to seeing what people here have built and even share a few of my builds.
To start, I myself have been involved with hobby-grade RC's since the early 1990's with my old RC10T (which I still run to this day). Since then (now age 34) my collection has definitely grown...

If you have any questions about any of the rigs pictured above, feel free to ask. Again, I look forward seeing what you guys have built.
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:04 PM   #2829

Smile Please Help!-AR 60 Axle on Everest 10

I am in need of help putting an AR60 axle on my Everest 10. I found a posting about it on here but need more advice. Has anyone ever done this? How???lol

I read that Boom Racing aluminum links for the wraith will work perfectly on the Everest 10 and prevent binding. Thinking about giving this a try. I was told by someone that stock links would transfer over perfect but there was way too much binding.
Shortening the upper links seemed it would do opposite of what needed to be done. I tried adjusting link length and switching up the links but can’t get it figured out.
Can someone please help me or at least post this in an appropriate spot? Thanks so much. This is my first ground up build.
stevenpappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:05 AM   #2830

just a newbie here from Texas to learn about wraith crawlers and 1/5th scale crawlers.

Just started a bouncer build and wish i had been a little more educated before ordering tons of parts.

Also got the wife into the hobby these past few weeks as well and shes really digging it.
senatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:16 PM   #2831

Hola'. Another newbie here. Got re-involved in RC about 3 years ago when my son was old enough and built a couple 1/8 scale buggies and restored my original Kyosho Optima from 85' as well as acquired the re-released Optima a couple years ago.
Always wanted a crawler and headed that way now. Picked up the SCX10 2 Cherokee kit last week. Also picked up the Wrangler SCX10 2 RTR for my sons birthday.

Piecing together the kit I'm having zero luck finding a legitimate ESC in stock anywhere.
I'd like the Tekin FX-R with a 35T motor but not in stock anywhere.
Tried to order the Hobbywing wp1080 but delivery quoted as 4 - 5 weeks so no go there.

Anyone got a lead on who/where/when some of these things are at or when they will be again? Post Christmas out of stock I suppose but never would have guessed they would still be unavailable.

Anyhow good to be here. Got lots to learn.

Last edited by Other; 02-19-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Other is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:20 PM   #2832
I wanna be Dave

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/hwi30112750.htm
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #2833

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Thank you.
Other is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #2834

Hi everyone! Long time lurker first time poster, getting back into the RC world starting with building a trx4 kit and adding the Gen8 body, why... cause I like IH Scouts.
Tree_Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:26 AM   #2835

Default >>>>>>newbies post here<<<<<<

Needed a new hobby and re-discovered RC on YouTube thanks to RC Sparks, Exocaged, John Holmes and a handful of others.

That lead me to the Hobby Shop and the money pit opened up!!!
UrbaneShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #2836

Hi ya'l!

First time post. My name is Chris, people all me "Tolo" or "TinkeringTolo". I'm from Torrance, CA. Been into RC hobbies from my early teens. Mainly nitro onroad racing and nitro stadium truck racing. Quit for a few years then got into sct racing until they closed down my local track. Sold everything, built a drone and got into filming/been into filming ever since.

I bought a Vaterra Glamis Fear as my first "scale" looking rc car (love sandrails) a few years ago only to mess with every now an then. Now that my transmission blew a few weeks ago, its so hard to find parts for it and getting tired for searching for parts. So, I started to look into other fun rc cars and finally decided to dive into the rock crawler world. I have been checking the scene out here an there and blown away at how the true scale realism of rc rock crawlers have gotten over the years!

So, with that being said, I picked up an SCX10 II raw builders kit last week and just started to put it together last night. I'm already in love it and its not even running yet

I'm sure I'll be having tons of questions but also looking forward to crawling and trail running!

Cheers
TinkeringTolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #2837

New to rc...figured I'd give you guys a try . Almost have my scx10-2 done,waiting on electronics.
How do I post pix?
HillXer471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:27 AM   #2838

New to the crawler scene but not to rc. I have some rc helis and a nitro maximum St from when I was in highschool over 10 years ago!

I am a father of two little girls that I hope to get into this hobby someday who knows maybe get them crawling with their own rigs. Sadly the wife has no interest...

I am currently into the micro crawlers (why?) Because they are cheaper (I can have more of them) I can run them indoors and outdoors. I am not scared to let the kids control them.

I currently have a 1/32 orlandoo (fun little kit)

Also on the way: ECX barrage 1/24, RGT, and a D1RC

I will eventually like to get a 1/10 maybe a trx-4

I live in a small town northeastern Colorado.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk
tfast500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #2839
Rock Stacker

What is the best way to remove glued on tires and save plastic rims

Last edited by Squirral; 03-05-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Squirral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:57 PM   #2840

Just signed up on the forum here , been lurking on here for a while now
Ive got 3 crawlers now due to this site

2 ascenders The k10 and f100 (the wife doesn’t know about the f100 yet) lol

Also have the redcat gen 7 pro which I just recently installed the portal axels on it . Still need to do the gears on it
Tom64 is offline   Reply With Quote