Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #1641

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hey everybody!!.....name is Eddie just getting back into the hobby looking to have some fun with the kids....thanks!!
2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #1642

Hey fellow rc crawler's. My name is Jake, I'm not exactly new to the rc world, but I am new to rc crawling. I have a traxxas stampede 4x4, a hpi sport2, and a scx10. The scx is by far getting much more of my attention since ive gotten it. I love this rig. I live in Ridgefield WA, and would love to get some local guys together sometime. Maybe go hit up the ape cave's or soemthing. Anyways this site has a ton of information, almost to much to take in at once. Looking forward to using the search button. Hope to get some feed back from some of you local guys.
jakester79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #1643

Hello. I live in Pennsylvania just got in to crawling looking to have fun.
tool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #1644

Hi Im Brad, I have a 99' Grand Cherokee, murdered out, lifted 4" on 33" and LOVE muddin/crawling/trailing....and then one day came across RC crawling and think I would enjoy this for some fun with my kids. I was core into RC when I was young and now found the revived passion for it.
thaBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #1645

i'm from the DMV area, where do you crawl/trail/bash at i would like to join live in Largo,MD. i'm new to this group but NOT to RC pick your poison i have them all MGT/OFNA DM1/Rustler/VMX450 bike/ and the Beast AXIAL WRAITH!
lbrown*1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #1646

Hi im Driko form Centurion , South Africa

New to RC and Crawling RC's been crawling the full sizes for years already

34 Years old jsut stopped competing in Strongman so i felt the RC hobby is a good one to take up

My Rig

Redcat Rockslide Super Crawler 1/8 Scale

Mods

150g front wheel weights , 75g rear
Dual 3600 NiMh batteries in parralel

I hope to learn a tonne on here and take this sport a lot further
Grootseun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #1647

Hi:

Mitch from Va; I have a TLT-1 w/monster truck chassis upgrade, fiber diff end supports, glued center diff/tranny/whatever (I'm a noob!) and custom 3300 pack. I also own a stock Losi 1/18 w/lipo option mounted on front diff and stock pack mounted on rear diff so I can switch when I want. Also own a POS Maxstone 16 I loan to my 12 year old but he's not into crawling. He wants to abuse my TLT. I started out years ago with an E-Maxx that had lots of non-performance upgrades and custom body. I upped the MaH and used to melt the motor fans on a regular basis. Went to a Grave Digger body after that then sold it. Plan to get a 1/16th Traxxas Summit next! Thanks!
Templetantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #1648

hi my names nick, i live in winnipeg, central canada pretty much. i've got a axial wraith kit that i built and can't seem to stop breaking plastic pieces its got a velineon waterproof brushless system with a savox 1256tg and futaba r203gf, with the dig kit and some beadlocks oh and replacing any broken plastic with metal now...lol and now my receiver and esc are acting odd but eh...i like the new hobby i've taken up.

Last edited by cheifmudd; 05-13-2012 at 09:29 AM.
cheifmudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #1649

Guys will removing the front drive shaft from my SCX-10 cause the transmission to blow.
Adamjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #1650

Whats up, I'm Calvin. 18 from Troy, Missouri. Ive had a few RC's before, 2 Losi micro's and a HPI blitz (which i still have)

Recently picked up two crawlers off a family member who was getting out of the hobby. 1 being a Losi mini rock crawler and a RTR already built Venom Creeper all for $150... Pretty stoked and have reallly enjoyed the forum so far. So looking forward to some crawling!
highschoole30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #1651
Rock Crawler

whats up guys im new and from ohio it would be great to see if this hobby is alive here, i used to do rc way back in the day but had no idea they had 4x4 its a lot cheaper then putting 10,000$ my truck after some reviews and reading up on stuff im starting with the HPI Crawler King Jeep Wrangler Rubicon RTR and im so ready for full custom stuff so if u guys hav anything to say shout!!!
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #1652

Good evening all;

I am a newbie to crawling but have electric RC Stampede which I love and my wife has an electric RC Rustler that we take camping on the weekends with us. Have a friend that is getting into crawling and it looks very fun so am thinking seriously about getting into it. Am seriously looking at a Losi Nightcrawler as it seems to be a good starting crawler for us newbies. Anybody have any other thoughts or am I on the right path.

Thanks and have a great evening.
klf1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #1653

Hi everyone,

I'm from San Bernardino, Ca and a RC newb. I'm a fabricator and a mechanic for shop that builds rock crawlers so I thought I would give RC Crawling a try. Recently bought a Night Crawler and so far I've been loving it! Can't believe I haven't tried it years ago! I'll be asking plenty of questions, after I do plenty of thread searching of course . So i'm looking forward to all the advice, info and fun I'll be having on here. Thank you
Rock N Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #1654
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Roll View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm from San Bernardino, Ca and a RC newb. I'm a fabricator and a mechanic for shop that builds rock crawlers so I thought I would give RC Crawling a try. Recently bought a Night Crawler and so far I've been loving it! Can't believe I haven't tried it years ago! I'll be asking plenty of questions, after I do plenty of thread searching of course . So i'm looking forward to all the advice, info and fun I'll be having on here. Thank you
Welcome to RCC from Orlando! I would suggest cutting your credit cards up now while you still have the chance...

Fink
Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #1655
Rock Stacker

I guess I'm a newbie but jumped right into the money taking hobby of rc. Bought a used night crawler bc I saw some on the mnt during a 1-1 ride n quickly went brushless to dig unit to comp crawler copy vanquish wheels on front soon to ad dlux knuckle weights ect. Ect. Some dmg stuff ect. Ect. then back to my scaler scx10 which I use to walk the dogs during luck break!!! Picked up an xxx sct n lookin into short course but gotta find a 4x4 2wd suxxx!!! This site has been very helpful throughout my builds...thanks to all the people who post on here
Gotspaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #1656

Hey every one.
My Names Chris. I am just now getting in to the Crawler part of the R/C world. I have only been into hobby grade R/Cs for around 4 years now. I have my Fair share of them for my short time doing this Hobby.
As for what I have in the way of Crawling.
First one is my Wheelie King that I converted over to a Crawler King only thing it needs is a different motor and some better tires as it is all Wheelie King.
Second one is from what I can tell is a first gen G-Made Stealth. As of right now I am Running the Cold axles under it. I am running two Traxxas waterproof servos, Novak M2 Dig ESC with there 45t motors, and right for right now a TQi 2.4GHz 4 channel Radio until I can afford the one I want. I am still working on this and joined up so I can get some better info on some stuff to make it better. I am still looking for some shocks and the best over all radio for one I can get it.
cannaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #1657
Rock Stacker

Hi, I like warm summer sunset drives on the beach with my rc car at low tide.

I've got some old beat up rc cars and thought it might be fun to have a new one, so I've got a Wraith on the way.

Now back to the beach..............
Kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #1658
Rock Stacker

Hello, I'm Terry and live in NE Georgia. Possibly going to get in to this hobby soon as I got a buddy I work with that is just getting in to it as well. I am looking at getting a scale crawler, any suggestions on type to get?
aebstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #1659

Hey there all u crawler freaks out there.
My name is cliff im out for Leavenworth kansas No im not in jail lol. I have a tamiya cr-01 crawler and a 2.2 stick crawler project
Team a.o.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #1660

Hi all,
just bought an RS-10. thanks to the info here. I am very happy with it for my current needs.

Anyone from PDX or Ohio (i am originally from cleveland) please shoot me a PM!
-ken
bladefan is offline   Reply With Quote