LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #1561

Default Gettin started

Where in Kansas city can I find a good hobby shop to buy a good rc crawler
diggrr11972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #1562

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

sanchez here like the website still mis the mags.run a shafty on its 3rd rebuiid thanks to hacksaw hope to get pics and vid up soon .no digs just backer up and try it again,have fun it is a toy
sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:47 AM   #1563

Hi guys!
I'm a new user from Florence in Italy!!
A lot of compliments for this forum, known all over the world!!!

Ciao a tutti!!

Luca
lukinoo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #1564

Hi everyone. Danny here. I'm from Kansas city. Just gettin into rc. Got a wraith and am gettin ready to get a honcho. Anyone from KC wana hook up to run our crawlers sometime let me know, till then good to be here and probably will ask lots of questions.
diggrr11972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #1565

What's happening every body. Been lurking for a long time. Just joined up because I picked up a venom creeper. I'm in Leominster ma.

Rigs:
Summit.
Creeper
Slash
Losi xxxt
KB drift car

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
chad22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #1566
Pebble Pounder

Old dude noob here. I decided to jump straight in to RC with a wraith kit build, so that I'd figure out what all the parts were and do and how they're connected. I'm actually recording the build, frame by frame, with iStopMotion software (looks like a claymation video of a wraith building itself) and at my current rate, should be ready in about 1-2 weeks. I also have a Losi Micro trail trekker for something to run while I'm building. I swear, dealing with all these small parts sucks when you're getting old, time for ol' man bifocals!!
agent00111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #1567

Hello all, I'm a newbie but have been to your site many times before. I have a wraith and 4x4 slash along with a number of planes. I'm currently in Korea and have found it to be a great RC country. A little expensive for the hobby but great place to practice the hobby. Look forward to the help that everyone on site has to offer a new crawler.
simo3870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #1568

Hello everybody, I am also a newbie to this site..... I have also been on this site ckecking out some awsome builds. I am not new to the hobby, i flew airplanes and helies and have a few old school cars and trucks. I really like the scale crawlers like the tundra truggys and the jk wrangler. I am also wanting to get into brazing my own truggy crawler and this site is very informative for the task I will take on in the near future.....Be talking to you soooooooooon!
CLASSIC08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #1569
Pebble Pounder

Hi, Bob Smith (Smitty). Live in Bedford, IN. Been in offroading(big mud trucks, trail rigs, and rock crawlers) for the better part of 25 years.
I love the building, and fabrication almost as much as I love to drive them. I am the same way with my RC stuff. Have only had a few, but always hack them up and make them my own.
I decided to go with the Redcat Rs10 XT, because it had all the features I was looking for, with a great price, and all the things that seem weak, are on the short list for mods anyway. Tires, H/T servos, and aluminum horns are in the mail as I type this!
Look forward to learning a lot, having some fun, and hopefully becoming a productive member of rccrawlers!
smitty808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #1570
Rock Stacker

Hi there, my name is Bryan. I live in Reading, PA area. I don't have a rig yet, currently unsure of what i want. Not sure of ascx-10 honcho or a trailstomper. Im doing this more of a hobby playing around.
Rummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #1571

hello i'm french
i make tt 1/5 comp
and i try too make superscale crawler
venom19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #1572

my name is Edwin i live in round rock,tx.
i have a slash 4x4 and have had a wheely king (sold it way back in the day) been on the list for some time just got back into crawlers so here i am again.
i now have a axail 10 that looks like a toyota taco.
built from the ground up and let me tell you that is no fun. hope to meet with some of you and do some wheeling.
grass hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #1573
Rock Stacker

Hey new guy from the Colorado Rockies. Had a Nylint Jeep back in the day but now just bought a Safari Creeper. Hope to learn a lot and build a sweet rig out of it.
01_DiscoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #1574

from burleson, tx. got a few crawlers, been a member for a while just decided to be an active member finally! LOL
sic_fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #1575
Rock Stacker

Dude! I lived in Btown for 6 years we could have been crawling now that I move to n Richland hills you post lol.
TexanCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #1576

we were at mikes running the crawler course most of today. usually we go to crowley bicentennial park a few times a week depending on the weather, and trail run.
sic_fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #1577
Rock Stacker

Im jeremy, been a member sense 2011. or 2010 cant remember. i got Axial scx10 thati converted from a ax10.. scaler.... brushless
Dingotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #1578

Question Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hey hello from rainy England, over west, near to Wales -

I only today heard the term rock crawler for the very first time, when discussing moving rigs for cameras, so this is all a revelation to me, and I am totally amazed by all this DETAIL here, but haven't yet found what I'm looking for:

Could some kind soul please show me the way to find any discussions about how to mount a DSLR camera on a rock crawler?

I reckon there'd be an issue with lowering the centre of gravity, and have been told to wrap lead around the hubs, inside the tyres... I want to get something easy like a Maverick Scout to use essentially as a camera platform, then to drive it slowly across fields, next to streams, up hills etc to shoot short movie clpis through the seasons around where I live... definitely NOT mounting unlikely-looking rocks and turning it over into muddy gullies, just cruising slowly over uneven terrain...

Because I have never even seen one of these mighty inventions I've been studying the pics carefully, and I wonder if someone could confirm for me that it isn't too much of a big deal to remove the plastic body, and replace it with perhaps a flat platform? I want to mount a tripod bush (3/8" screw thread I think) into the centre of the vehicle, then attach a ball & socket head to attach to the camera.... then set it to record HD movie, and run it into a field of cows / ducks / whatever and see what happens..... but as I have built and converted several cameras over the years I suspect this ain't going to be easy, but am happy to get my hacksaw out again to get some great low-level moving shots from a rock crawler - this looks like an ideal machine!

If any of you have some bright suggestions for me I am listening, and eager to hear from you soon.

many thanks in advance for any top tips
Panman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #1579

Dewds! My first post so I thought I would do the newbies post here thing! Got into R/C about 6 years ago and living a childhood I couldn't afford as a kid! Have 3 Baja's-2 B's and a "T" and love racing and showing them! Got a Wraith kit around Christmas and spent 16 hours building it and about 50 hours on detail and scaleing. Running 4600 nimh with a 35 brushed and am very happy with it but the speed/big air bug has bitten me and a 20 turn and lipos are on the way! Here in Pembroke On. Canada we still have about 2 ft of nice hard crusted snow and had a Crusty Crawl (I am known as CRUSTY on a Baja forum!) On very short notice we had 2 Wraiths, a scx10 (I think!) and I think a Honcho. Spent a whole great day rippin up the yard! That was Monday- a holiday up here and I am still stoked! What a great time! Got me 1.3 acres of hilly property here and in the spring am gonna build a crawler track along my creek! I think one of the guys from the other day is a member here and he took some great vids and will ask him to post vids! Oh! Also-looking for metal tranny gears for the Wraith. Tryed the search with no luck-any help?
Chunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #1580

Hi all, my name is Chris I'm an aussie and a rc noob. I have a losi night crawler and a micro crawler.
RuMBoZ is offline   Reply With Quote