Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #1861

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

New to crawling

used to own revo3.3 with the picco and way a ton of upgrades, rustler ,mini mt, and a traxxas car don't remember then name.

now I own a broken slash 4x4 and a working wraith with dyi steering links.
Names kui and I live in las vegas.
Kuiwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #1862

Hello all I am new to the hobby I purchased a used setup that once it showed up was in worse condition than described. These are the basic specs of the unit: Rcp chassis, venom creeper axles, ax10 tranny, 55t motor, 4 brand new 2.2 rc4wd rock cruncher tires and soft foam. I appear to have a lot of research to do on this forum, and look forward to getting this thing going.
Fleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #1863
Pebble Pounder

I'm a total and complete newbie to the world of RC. I'm slowly being forced into it because of my 5yo son's obsession with Ford Raptors. If there is a Ford Raptor toy in existance he probably owns it. Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Road Rippers, Maisto, New Bright, Power Wheels, etc. He owns them all. His first SVT Raptor RC was a pretty crappy 1:24 scale new bright. He actually owns 3-4 in multiple colors now (Black, blue, silver, red). I picked him up a Carrera RC SVT Raptor on Woot and Woot ended up sending me two for the price of one . The Carrera has a 7.4v LioN setup and runs circles around the new brights, good enough for us to do some bashing up the fire roads around out house. They at least have enough power and wheel spin to make it through the grass and uneven terrain.

My son eventually got a Maisto Rock Crawler as a present. Even though he didn't like it as much as the others because it isnt' a Raptor I personally thought it was the best RC of the bunch because of the great suspension system compared to all of the others. The 4WD and suspension allowed it to pull and climb through obstacles which would high center the Carrera. I eventually tore down one of the Carreras and used the body and mounted it to the Maisto Rock Crawler.

My son got one of the 1/6 scale New bright SVT Raptors for his recent birthday. Absolutely beautiful truck, working lights, etc but the thing is so underpowered you can't drive it on anything other than asphalt. I've been reading of the the builds with the intention of one day putting the 1/6 scale new bright on top of a hobby grade RC chassis/electrics/drivetrain. I'm sure I have the mechanical aptitude to design and fabricate my own frame for the 16.5" wheelbase but I still have a lot of learning to do in order to make a good design. My hope is to get a RTR for me to tinker around with and be *MY* RC truck to get my feet wet. There is only so much learning you can do reading internet forums. Eventually I will get a second RTR or Kit and use it as a base for my son's Raptor build.

In the mean time my son keeps watching Youtube videos of the Traxxas Slash SVT Raptor and he is begging for one for Christmas. perhaps we will have two new RCs in the house come Christmas time, a 2WD Short Course truck and a rock crawler
DeoreDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #1864

What up RCC
I have been into RC for a while but am new here, but have already learned a lot from all of your vast knowledge. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. Right now I have two main RCs, both very customized:
Axial Wraith with Pro4 MMP 3s
XV-01Pro with CC sidewinder V3 4600kv 2s
evergreenCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #1865

Hello all. Been a member for a little while and wanted to introduce myself. My mame is William and currently have and abuse a Wraith, Honcho, Summit and a Losi MRC.

I look forward to learning all I can from the site.
wmajors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #1866

Ok...i'm new here. Been poking around here and doing some research.

I live here in Littleton, Colorado. I've built & tested many Full size jeep wrangler JK's on 35", 37", 40" tires. I'm currently building my own full size 08' jeep wrangler JK 2 door with a 3.5" lift, 1 ton axles, 44"x19.5"x20" Pitbull Rocker tires, 20" Spyder lock wheels and a Ripp Supercharger w/ Inner cooler & long tube headers, body mods are extending the body 10", either a full tube custom frame or chopping the ends off the stock frame after the 10" extension and building full tubed front and rear ends, minimal to no bumper in front, no bumper in here. Tires will stick out past the front bumper and the rear body for best approach/departure angles. And I'm doing this all myself in my garage.

I've decided to build an R/C version to mimic my jeep. What I'm starting with and options so far. I've searched over this forum and haven't found anyone thats doing what I'm doing except these Wroncho or what ever guys, but they are using the 4 door wrangler body. Which I am not .lol

Jeep Wrangler G6
Items installing
-Wraith axles front & rear that are all metal or have alum/metal parts
-Rear axle, pumpkin will be centered
-Ballistic Diff covers
-Longer Rods.
-Front Uppers - 120mm
-Front Lowers - 125m
-Rear Uppers - 140mm
-Rear Lowers - 146mm
-2.2 Pitbull Tires (only thing I ordered so far)
-Wheels...to resemble the Spyder Lock Wheels (Wheels should be in metal)
-Rings with the 24 or so beadlock bolts , 8 lug if possible
-Hexes, metal or some kind so theres no slop
Much longer shocks. They are going to stick out the hood in the front and mount much higher in the rear. I know I'll be making custom mounts for these.
Body, will be custom cut in front so the tires will stuff up into the hood. Basically no fenders. Same with rear, high as possible. So I will probably lower the body if need be.
-Motor Tekin Roc 412 Professional Brushless Crawler Motor 3100kv
-Ridgid Light bar across the top of the windshield.. just not sure what size because this new body seems to be different than the Rubicon 4 dr.
-Drive shafts, metal of some kind.

As far as gears, transmission, controller, Hub Size, etc... I haven't got that far. Any help with my set up would be greatly appreciated. If there is a thread out there that someone is doing similar to mine..please let me know. I will post a build thread once I get all the details ironed out. Thanks.
fourplyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #1867

Hello
spankrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #1868
Rock Stacker

Hey , Name Is J , from Ontario Canada My primary rc obsession is helicopters & aircraft , but I picked up a 1/10 slash 4x4 that I love , I am interested in trying crawling , when I watch some of the videos online ,..the things people are able to get the rigs over is amazing ,...It's like watching a magic show because I'm always saying "How in the heck did he do that !"
BL4Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #1869
Rock Stacker

From Fountain Inn, SC
Picked up a used AX10.
Waiting on a SuDu One chassis and some parts.
Gonna see if I can make the next SCRCC comp in my area.

Heres the stock pic
Lobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #1870
Quarry Creeper

Hey, just introducing myself, I currently have a losi micro trail crawler(I think that's what it's called), a losi nightcrawler, and a traxxas rustler vxl. Rustler is modded a ton, micro is stock, lnc has Titan motor, mamba max pro, cc bec, cut foams and wheel weights added, both are a blast but my 3 and 4 year old have taken over them so I'm planning my own build based around (hopefully) bully2 axles. I live in San Diego county but am relocating to the Denver area in a few months, this site kicks a**
Liv3mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #1871

Hi guys introducing myself, I own and built a kit wraith and will be adding to the family as soon as I can make up my mind what I want! I enjoy crawling. Got plenty of info from here and now modding it to see how it bashes. Surprisingly alot of fun too. More so I am sure when I get the sway bar kit fitted. Amazingly with the standard ripsaws fitted it goes over the roughest terrain, fast or slow. Here are some pics of it as it stands for bashing on xmas day!

Mmp and 13.5 tekin
Vanquish almost everything
Gmade 103 resivoir shocks
Droop kit
Monster 1/8 scale wheels and tyres
Aka adapter kit
Bullet proof tranny, robinson everything

monsterwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:53 AM   #1872
Rock Stacker

Hello Everyone,

My name is Wil and I'm from San Jose, CA. I'm not a newb to RC's but I am when it comes to scale rigs and crawlers. But just so you know, I already picked up an Axial Rubicon and a Honcho (for my wife) over the past week and a half. You see, I have a 20-month old son and he loves it when I drive the Rubicon around at the park. He follows and chases it everywhere it goes and when it's stopped, he tries pushing it until I get on the throttle again. In addition to seeing how much fun our son had, my wife wanted one for herself, hence the Honcho. Anyway, I've read and absorbed tons of information from this site and love all the things you guys are doing with your scalers/crawlers. I certainly look forward to learning from all of you. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

-Wil
kuyawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #1873

Hello amazing fellow RCist.

Im red, (Floppy_Bacon) and Im newish to crawlers. I have messed with family and friends setups, but I want my own!

Im also looking for updated advice on crawlers, (I want to post a new thread, but I see others get mad if the question has been asked. But I cant find up to date info) What would you recommend for me?

I want a crawler that I can sit at home with, and crawl over my kids toys, maybe even my kids, would be cool to go up stairs but dont need. Also I go camping a lot, and want to sit around the fire, driving over rocks, firewood, by the river side. What should I go with?

I had a Slick Rock 1/18, but that thing had no flex, and I spent most of my time flipping it over trying to climb, like shoes, or pillows on the ground. It was a great rc, but I need more.
I really want to try the Maxstone, but hear the company is bad.
I want to get a Venom creeper, but cant find
I want a Bully, but cant find............ ANY ADVICE?

Great site, glad to be here. I have read a lot of good stuff!!
Floppy_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #1874
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy_Bacon View Post
Hello amazing fellow RCist.

Im red, (Floppy_Bacon) and Im newish to crawlers. I have messed with family and friends setups, but I want my own!

Im also looking for updated advice on crawlers, (I want to post a new thread, but I see others get mad if the question has been asked. But I cant find up to date info) What would you recommend for me?

I want a crawler that I can sit at home with, and crawl over my kids toys, maybe even my kids, would be cool to go up stairs but dont need. Also I go camping a lot, and want to sit around the fire, driving over rocks, firewood, by the river side. What should I go with?

I had a Slick Rock 1/18, but that thing had no flex, and I spent most of my time flipping it over trying to climb, like shoes, or pillows on the ground. It was a great rc, but I need more.

I really want to try the Maxstone, but hear the company is bad.

I want to get a Venom creeper, but cant find

I want a Bully, but cant find............ ANY ADVICE?

Great site, glad to be here. I have read a lot of good stuff!!

I went with a lnc for my first build, rc4wd sells the bully, or try and find one used
Liv3mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #1875

Name is Jacob
I live in Dickson, Tn
I don't have a crawler just yet. I'm stilling trying to make a decision on one. I'm looking at the axial wrath RTR or sxc10 with the Jk body.
I'm new to all the rc stuff. But I do have a 700hp mud drag truck that I race on the weekends.
mcewen iogging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #1876
Quarry Creeper

My name is Kevin. I live in Nunnelly, TN (55 miles SW of Nashville). I've been into rc helis and planes since August 2012. I decided to expand my horizons and ordered an Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho which arrived this past Friday. I've been wanting one for over a year now. I've been interested in rc all my life. I don't know why I waited so long.
GLHS592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #1877
Pebble Pounder

Hello I live in south TX. I have been into RC on-roads 1/8 but now I am into Rock crawling. I have a scx10 dingo!
espnstang25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #1878

My names Tyler. I'm from north east Pennsylvania, stroudsburg area.
My rigs are a (pos) redcat rs10 and a losi mini crawler.
bullas1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #1879
Rock Stacker

Hey all, I'm Josh from NY (wayyyyy upstate, near Canada) and have taken a break from scale RC and crawlers since 2006. The last 4 years I've been racing short course trucks at my local track, Mad Joes Hobbies in Moira, NY. I'm thinking about rejoining the scale/crawler ranks.

Here's a few pics of my former rigs:

TLT axled, Tamiya 3 speed powered 6x6 using a Stampede tranny for a transfer case.

Just your typical lifted 2.2 HiLift

Slightly stretched and 4 linked Touareg converted to a Chevy body.

Really wish I hadn't parted with them but the scale fad passed quickly in my area and I had no one to run with. That's still the case but I have the itch to have something a little more scale again.
bryantjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #1880
Rock Stacker

Noob here. Got 3 rigs so far. The Beats 6X6, SCX10 Rubicon JK, and TF2. love them all. If any locals of Dallas live around here that know of good spots to crawl let me know!
BoyFreakWonder is offline   Reply With Quote